This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2011 TWDT Season

As the new head op I must decide when games will be played. The previous (spring) season offered games both during the week and on Sundays in an effort to conclude the season in time for TWL to begin.

This season will be played as either 7 weeks on Sunday only + 3 weeks of playoffs on Sunday or 4 weeks of Sunday & weekdays (T/W/Th) + 3 weeks of playoffs on Sunday.

Did you, as players, find the weekday matches a positive experience overall or were too many of you unable to make them due to being too early (west coast) or too late (Europe)?

- Onion Oppressor / MoD <ER>
    Sundays only for 7 weeks
    37.93%
    Sunday & weekdays (T/W/Th) for 4 weeks
    62.07%
    Last edited by MoD <ER>; 07-25-2011, 01:06 AM.

I enjoyed the weekdays last season. Sped the season up and kept people involved. This season is going to be played during the NFL season, so the weekdays will help with that.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

shouldn't even be two options

the second choice is the only thing that makes sense
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

How about Fri/Sat/Sun as options instead of something like...Wednesday

Comment

3 games on wednesday prob wont work, since the last game will be late for euro's and first games are early for americans..
          Last year we did it tuesday/wednesday/thursday. Every day had his own division played.
          Major Crisis

Comment

who gives a damn about the european population in this game anyways? we're a vast minority it seems, and there's only a handful of decent euro players. i wouldn't mind having matches scheduled at a bit later hour (3PM/4PM EST to 6PM/7PM EST) just for testing purposes.

@ lf: it doesn't really matter whether the games are played on WED/THUR/FRI or THUR/FRI/SAT -- people that are working will be still be working on those days regardless of when the matche(s) are, unless you americans have got some mysterious rule stating that working on saturdays is illegal and is punished by death.

dat grumpy turban posting his two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
              This season is going to be played during the NFL season, so the weekdays will help with that.
              D'oh ... I won't be around during NFL season. Will be drunk at the top of Invesco yelling at the "product" on the field.

Like I would get a chance to play anyway :x

With regards to this last comment -- I hope all the DT caps allow "newbs" the chance to play and get a taste of what TWL/TWD is supposed to be. I think someone already said something along this line in another thread as well, just wanted to agree with that statement.
              Fuck it.

Comment

i think it sucks when the op sets up the poll so that you cant see who voted for what. you dumbshit we want to berate the people that didnt vote for what we wanted.

get this guy outta here

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I would add this to the other thread, but it is locked.... I think the timing for this is irrelvant... the same ppl will show regardless what time of year, and the same outcome will happen by the end of the league, everyone lose interest and fizzle out just wanting it to end...

Now I also agreed with zeebu and i'v said this yrs ago bout TWDT... They need to model it more like EG runs there draft league.. Just using a bit more of the EG system wouldnt fix all of TWDT probs but it would be a start. The main reason EGDL is so popular there is because the vets actually look at it as an opertunity to play and team with some other vets who normaly they play against (Example If i got to shark with vati in draft)... Eg also does a really good job of picking good exp and playing captains. We need to make sure that we have captains who actually can play games, as well as isnt captain JUST to add themselvs in games... example last draft league our captain "draft" started adding fukd up lineuips and puttin himself in jav or terr in base.. Which wasnt bad always, but it eventually pised me/meg off and we just stopd playing it. So the choice of captains who can gain respect from random players is important.

On top of all that lame shiz i just typed. I also thought maybe a more extreme route could make the draft league more intense or cared about. Maybe it would be better to simply have a DRAFT league for just 1 league at a time, aka TWDT BASING. I think by seperating them it would create a more even and competative games. Rite now the way i see it basically the captains choose which league they want to win, and they draft they're key players for that league, which makes them often very weak in the other 2, or non competative in 1. There are only a few key players like meg89 who can actualy key in 3 leagues... So on these "Squadchats" u have a buncha ppl who care about all different leagues instead of becomin a team.. Also if you are 1 of the "vets" in basing lets say, and u get drafted to a team whos captain drafted 3 elite javs and hopes any random duelerse can spid... soon as u get raped 15-0 1st week they lose interest and say fuk it. If u focus it down to 1 sub league at a time, it would probably create alot more interest. This also mite not rly be possible due to any amount of silly reasons im sure i'll hear after this, but it was just an idea :P
                  Last edited by Cig Smoke; 08-01-2011, 01:26 AM.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post
                    On top of all that lame shiz i just typed. I also thought maybe a more extreme route could make the draft league more intense or cared about. Maybe it would be better to simply have a DRAFT league for just 1 league at a time, aka TWDT BASING. I think by seperating them it would create a more even and competative games. Rite now the way i see it basically the captains choose which league they want to win, and they draft they're key players for that league, which makes them often very weak in the other 2, or non competative in 1. There are only a few key players like meg89 who can actualy key in 3 leagues... So on these "Squadchats" u have a buncha ppl who care about all different leagues instead of becomin a team.. Also if you are 1 of the "vets" in basing lets say, and u get drafted to a team whos captain drafted 3 elite javs and hopes any random duelerse can spid... soon as u get raped 15-0 1st week they lose interest and say fuk it. If u focus it down to 1 sub league at a time, it would probably create alot more interest. This also mite not rly be possible due to any amount of silly reasons im sure i'll hear after this, but it was just an idea :P
                    i agree with this 100%.

Comment

cig 4 cap
                      Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

We could always make new rules and ratings bracket to counter a captain from picking top players in just 1 league. The whole point of doing a draft is to pick players that are of a need in a certain area. Maybe there should be a "simulated" draft to start off the first 10 rounds, add more roster spots, and do another 25 rounds of drafting (brings in newer people). Or maybe, for returning captains, allow them to choose the top 6 players on their squad last year, two from each league, and the newer captains would be assigned a squad from last year to pick from. Or, have the first round be for Basers, second round be for Javs, third round be for Basers, and fourth round be for WBs. Don't know how the player ratings would come into play, maybe a new rule to prevent a player who is rated 7*s in two leagues to be picked early.

Comment

We appreciate the feedback. We've been working on the rules for about a week now. There will be some changes (and possibly borrowing some more rules from EG). Stay tuned.
                          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

A couple things to post here:

TWDT will be played on Sunday as well weekdays again. The agreement so far has been that the accelerated season maintains interest better and offers more play time with less waiting to teams and players.

Cig and Rasq: Thank you both for your input. We have been looking at the viability of implementing more of an EG style draft however our biggest concern at the moment happens with our focus on TWDT being a league that stresses talent in all 3 divisions and well rounded teams while EG's is flagging only. We are still committed to being a 3-division tournament that rewards teams for overall excellence vs stacking a line for one division only.

Because of this, Rasaq, your alternating draft idea will be discussed a bit more as one method to help improve rosters and overall enjoyment of the league. Though, I don't feel at this time that a player should be 'punished' for being a multi-division player by preventing them from being drafted early it should be encouraged as an asset to a captain as this league has a strong focus on all around excellence.

Comment

don't make draft and violence caps unless you want caps that show up to half the games to jav themselves

Comment

Working...
                              X