• Show
Clear All

• VROOOOMM

higher res @
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-_LCOi8L7M
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Is this the overlay system SSC EverSpace has in testing? Also, put the Vroom Test Zone online - I wanna check it out!
    Last edited by Xog; 07-27-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

come on guys, this is some cool shit. Look beyond the lap. He's going through fucking menus at the beginning of the video. When was the last time you've done that outside of F1 / F2? Exactly.

Comment

That's pretty awesome indeed... But I'm wondering if he made / where he got this track map...

Pretty sure I've seen this before :P (the map, not the overlays / menus)

Comment

the map is ?go f1spirit in TW, aside from all the 3d purple blocks at the beginning and the timer objon, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing on that video?

Comment

Samapico on TW Forums. Now there's something you don't see everyday =P

And yes, it's cool. Is that arena in tw? (The one that PD made)

Comment

The map was taken from ?go F1Spirit
              Also, he's using a private server called Vroom Club Test Zone as you can see in 00:03

LF - if you'll notice, he uses a menu that seems to have updates from current events in other zones (TW, Powerball). Another thing to note, the ship he uses for the Ghost is transparent. When was the last time you saw a transparent ship?

And the module is pretty noteworthy in and of itself. Being able to have the server recognize you accelerating and decelerating to choose different menu items is creative. This has been talked about for a long time now, but this is the first time any of us in the development community has actually seen it.

And here it is, in a random ass post on the TW forums.

Comment

Interesting discussions about this on ssforum (err... I mean... subspace.co) as well: --> Link <--

Edit: And after verification, the maps do look like mine, but they're not. But the fact they look similar just mean we both recreated the tracks with some accuracy :P (see ?go australia and ?go brazil in 17th Parallel)
                Last edited by Samapico; 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                  The map was taken from ?go F1Spirit
                  Also, he's using a private server called Vroom Club Test Zone as you can see in 00:03

LF - if you'll notice, he uses a menu that seems to have updates from current events in other zones (TW, Powerball). Another thing to note, the ship he uses for the Ghost is transparent. When was the last time you saw a transparent ship?

And the module is pretty noteworthy in and of itself. Being able to have the server recognize you accelerating and decelerating to choose different menu items is creative. This has been talked about for a long time now, but this is the first time any of us in the development community has actually seen it.

And here it is, in a random ass post on the TW forums.
                  well kudos to Xog for recognising the hard work that went into it and the cool features implemented , unfortunately i'm not really able to answer your guys questions :P

it's not me racing (obviously anyone who seen me race i'd hit the wall at every corner) and i had nothing to do with the coding.

but yea apparently the guy that did has canned the project and quit the game shortly after i also did last december, he asked me to post this but also to remain nameless , dunno if that will change.
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Oh it will change, whether you like it or not!

Was it TurboSlug22?

Comment

I was working on a racing module myself... I'd really like to see / use / expand that ghost thing. My work so far was focusing on other features required for a race with multiple people, but ghosts / time trials were definitely in my todo list.
                      Would be quite a shame to see all this work thrown away, really.

Comment

what was his ign, and why did he quit ss?
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I bet he quit because distension zone got too populated
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Was this ASSS? Not sure how that works. Pretty cool, though.

Comment

dont think it was ASSS not sure though

also to the developers talking about it on the other thread, perhaps that is what he did i dunno

but when i helped test out a diff feature you had to download a sort of bolt-on .exe patch and when he used to talk about it on chat it was that he was tinkering with the directdraw/direct x level so i'm not sure if this was lvls or that.

but yeah it seemed to be more of a 0.41 than just a supped up arena , whether that would have even been allowed i guess is irrelevant now that it is no longer a project.

personaly i think it'd be cool if he donated the code over but then again i was also telling him he was wasting his time doing it in the first place :P
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X