Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to TWDT this season

Hello DTers o/

Onion Oppressor (MoD) and I are running TWDT this year (with help from a few others of course), and we've listened to some of your suggestions and there will be some changes to TWDT this upcoming season. Most of them will only affect the captains, but I will outline the biggest changes here. The full, updated rules will be posted here on the forums and website sometime soon (as soon as they are fully cleaned up). The changes made were mostly in accordance with our aim to get as many people as possible playing in this league and to close some of the past loop-holes and ways to work the system. Well here we go:
    • Formerly, each squad was required to play at least one player that was rated 6* or lower in that specific league. We are removing specific league ratings and moving to a system (similar to how EG does it) where each squad has a maximum number of * they can add per match. The per game max * amount will be determined around the time of the draft when ratings have been given out to players, along with the roster * maximum.
    • Players will now only have one * rating, which will be similar to the overall rating formerly used, but it will now be a scale from 1-10. Players will still be rated per league by myself and others, but it will be combined into 1 simple rating for the purposes of the per game max specified above.
    • Free agency will operate as before, but most likely with a minimum bid of 3 for veteran players and 1 for newer players. We anticipate more bidding ties since with smaller rating numbers there are less possible numbers to use to bid, so there will also be a continual rolling list established to award players to a team in case of a bidding tie. Also, in order to resolve some situations where players would register right before the deadline so their favorite captain could pick them, players who register during a Free Agency bidding period cannot be bid on until the next Free Agency window. This will also give us a chance to classify players as newer or veteran.
    • The season will be structured as follows: Draft, then a free agent period from Monday until the end of Tuesday. On Wednesday, players will be awarded and then a second bidding window will open from Thursday until the end of Friday. Players will be awarded on Saturday and then the first games will be played on that Sunday. On Monday, a 3rd bidding period will be open, but this one will last until the end of Friday. Games will be played during the week as before, Tuesday through Thursday. Players will be awarded that Saturday, and the 3rd round of games will take place on Sunday. Entry into the league will effectively lock as the next bidding period starts on Monday (running until Friday). Trades will lock the same time as the final Free Agent period closes, on that Friday before the 5th round of competition on Sunday. Games in the regular season will continue to be played as before for another week, and then the playoffs will begin the week after that. During the weeklong Free Agency bidding periods, a list of players with current bids on them will be released on Wednesday.
    • In the past, players were not able to play in all 3 games of a round. The 2 division rule has been removed, as we feel the per game * max will limit who is able to play sufficiently.

Let us know any feedback you have about these changes. Not everything is set in stone yet, so let us know. Sign-ups will start soon and the draft will probably take place on one of the first Sundays in September.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Official TWDT Fall 2011 Rules have now been posted as a sticky thread in this sub-forum. Welcome all to the start of the Fall 2011 TWDT League.

Comment

You forgot to mention players on teams get pub bucks per match won.
      (Lots of signups will come now)

Comment

Oranje, that might actually be your only good suggestion ever.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Happy to see that you're still carrying my torch BM, good luck dude.
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

The thing I'd like to see I think is a little more protection from just dropping a person that doesn't want to get dropped

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              The thing I'd like to see I think is a little more protection from just dropping a person that doesn't want to get dropped
              have a cool-down period where you can't replace a dropped player for x number of days. if you make it long enough it'll make people think twice.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

There's not much protection currently, except that you can be picked up for cheap on the waiver wire by anyone else. I'm not sure more than that is necessary.

Humid, come back and cap. Nice change of pace from running league haha. Like turning from security consultant to hacker.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                  There's not much protection currently, except that you can be picked up for cheap on the waiver wire by anyone else. I'm not sure more than that is necessary.

Humid, come back and cap. Nice change of pace from running league haha. Like turning from security consultant to hacker.
                  You've obviously never been cap then Would rather jerk off with sandpaper than deal with everybody bitching about not playing every week and just oranje in general ever again

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                    Hello DTers o/
                    • Players will now only have one * rating, which will be similar to the overall rating formerly used, but it will now be a scale from 1-10. Players will still be rated per league by myself and others, but it will be combined into 1 simple rating for the purposes of the per game max specified above.
                    this is the only one im skeptical about. it seems as if you are limiting the usefulness of multi league players. as a wb/jav/base format, a stud baser might be a 3/3/9 for a 15 rating, but an all around person might go for 6/6/7 for a 19. that is a pretty big difference. you are penalizing that 3 leaguer in every league becuase they actually have a chance to play if necessary.

as a compromise, keep the total * count to limit the team * total. no draft squad should be above that amount. that cap is also where your free agency *'s come from.

for the per league freq * cap make it as a per league. actually make 3 leaguers valuable instead of difficult. i described how i thought it should be run in another thread. at least for wb/jav it should work pretty well.

or are you somehow planning on skewing the rating systems some so that 3 league players arent completely screwed?

Comment

^ This.
                      'why cant i just find sometione who lwill love me and wont hmake me lose weight or change the perosjn who i am' -Pandagirl!
                      'but im fucking hot im 12 years younger thanhim why is that noe tnougj??' -Pandagirl!
                      'i mean i was f cuking fit model for vistoria's secret what g8y wioujldn't wanthtatr? he worked asa plstic surgeon forawhile and he said i had aperfect boobs....' -Pandagirl!

LaSenza ⇐ left Epidemic Jun. 5, 2011 - 14:57

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                        You've obviously never been cap then
                        Imagine being TWL Op, but with far less resources at your disposal and having Jaa and Draft trying to nitpick every, single, little hole in the rules, but having to keep every cap happy or they'd quit the league, their squad would stop showing and the season would be essentially ruined. It's like trying to jerk off 8 people at once with sandpaper.

PS We are discussing your suggestions Zeebu.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                          this is the only one im skeptical about. it seems as if you are limiting the usefulness of multi league players. as a wb/jav/base format, a stud baser might be a 3/3/9 for a 15 rating, but an all around person might go for 6/6/7 for a 19. that is a pretty big difference. you are penalizing that 3 leaguer in every league becuase they actually have a chance to play if necessary.

as a compromise, keep the total * count to limit the team * total. no draft squad should be above that amount. that cap is also where your free agency *'s come from.

for the per league freq * cap make it as a per league. actually make 3 leaguers valuable instead of difficult. i described how i thought it should be run in another thread. at least for wb/jav it should work pretty well.

or are you somehow planning on skewing the rating systems some so that 3 league players arent completely screwed?
                          Part of it, I would assume, is the amount of work that needs to be done zeebu. When I ran the league, I used to toil for hours getting ratings from people who at least have some expertise in a league, looking up aliases and stats, and then consolidating it all into one giant list which would eventually get shit on by every member of the community except that random dude in pub who was like "wow you think i am good in wb? lolz i just spawn ppl rly well." If you consolidate the rating system down to a single number rather than 3 numbers, it lowers the workload drastically; particularly in the realm of getting ratings from other players.

Altho, BM has never been one to shy away from putting in the extra effort. So idk.
                          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                          Originally posted by kthx
                          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                            If you consolidate the rating system down to a single number rather than 3 numbers, it lowers the workload drastically; particularly in the realm of getting ratings from other players.

Altho, BM has never been one to shy away from putting in the extra effort. So idk.
                            Unfortunately your skepticism is correct. We are still gathering ratings from others in all 3 leagues, and then just simplifying and consolidating the rating to 1-10. The decision to have the multi-league rating apply towards the single game limit in each individual league was a conscious choice, but we are re-evaluating it. May or may not change. Still got 2 weeks until the draft, it'll be decided by then.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

well as a mediocre 3 leaguer, depending on this decision i will keep my sign up active or just watch the league

Comment

Working...
                              X