TWDT signup - kinda retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT signup - kinda retarded

it's pretty tight that we can sign up on the TWDT website, but what about people who aren't registered with TWD, i.e. EG'ers? seems like you might turn some people off by complicating things

~~~~~~~~~
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Fuck it.

Comment

i bet less than 20 people have signed up

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
        i bet less than 20 people have signed up
        More than 20 but you are very close ;
        http://www.trenchwars.org/TWDT/waivers.php

Comment

when the hell did i sign up? don't remember doing that?

i was probably looking at the site as far as fixing the layout fuck-ups that have bugged me for years now but i'm too damn lazy to just buckle down and rectify.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

lol

Comment

I remember when you first unveiled twdt's current website........ barely. and not because of drugs but because it was a very long time ago.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I agree, I went to log in and when I did the little square box where you put in your info went all white and I needed staff to register for me. Just let people sign up on forums or on there, make a thread for it because you guys are going to need as many people as possible
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

We've had 162 people sign up in a week. And there are two more whole weeks until the draft. We need 200 people signed up by the time of the draft to field 8 teams and 40 more added to teams the week after for the first game.

Megaman and Jerome, TWDT has always had a rule about only registering with TWD names to prevent double squadding and make it a little easier on the raters. With manual forum signup, it was up to Humid, et al. to alias check and enforce the rule. This system eases the work on the Ops and helps prevent potential problems more efficiently. It's a win-win. And is forcing EGers to signup to TWD maybe even a good thing for TW? If they decide it's too much hassle probably not, but otherwise yes. If anyone from EG would like to play but does not want to sign up to TWD, have them do a ?help request or leave a message with one of the ops who are listed in the rules on the forums. Same thing for anyone who experiences difficulty signing up through the site like Megaman did.

Lastly, I'm a bit ignorant... Does Vati hate everything or just TWDT? Did TWDT kill his father?
                  Last edited by Black Mage; 08-22-2011, 12:34 AM.
                  When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                    We've had 133 people sign up in less than a week. And there are two more whole weeks until the draft. We need 200 people signed up by the time of the draft to field 8 teams and 40 more added to teams the week after for the first game.

Megaman and Jerome, TWDT has always had a rule about only registering with TWD names to prevent double squadding and make it a little easier on the raters. With manual forum signup, it was up to Humid, et al. to alias check and enforce the rule. This system eases the work on the Ops and helps prevent potential problems more efficiently. It's a win-win. And is forcing EGers to signup to TWD maybe even a good thing for TW? If they decide it's too much hassle probably not, but otherwise yes. If anyone from EG would like to play but does not want to sign up to TWD, have them do a ?help request or leave a message with one of the ops who are listed in the rules on the forums. Same thing for anyone who experiences difficulty signing up through the site like Megaman did.

Lastly, I'm a bit ignorant... Does Vati hate everything or just TWDT? Did TWDT kill his father?
                    No offense but last season we had 200 pretty fast. And seems like many people dont want to play it this year.

Why dont u guys just make a thread for the people who dont wanna sign up at the site. Let them do it on the forum.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

i am your father

and no i don't hate everything i love twl and ron paul

i've played twdt every season and it's never been fun but i'm just a baser

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                        and no i don't hate everything i love twl and ron paul

I just downloaded End The Fed. I'm sure I'll thouroughly enjoy it!
                        Fuck it.

Comment

the goal of TWDT is still to get new players playing with veterans and players they might otherwise never have any contact with. Obviously an endgoal of this is increased TWD activity among these new players. This is the perfect way to remove the gigantic obstacle of getting them registered and signed up on the twd website and ready to go. It really is a huge ordeal to get most new guys signed up, so this way there's going to be plenty of people available to help them, and staff will also be aware and ready to help them out. It also helps cut down on aliasers signing up with multiple names and other bullshit we have to deal with usually. It's not a bad system.

If there really is some gigantic problem where the person can't sign up or something, tell one of the ops and we'll do it manually, but I for one would really prefer if people made an effort to do it this way and to help the new guys do the same.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

If not enough people signup, we'll just do 6 or 7 teams, but I'm very confident we'll get 80 more people in 15 days (half as many in twice as long as what we've gotten already).

We do probably need a few more captains, so put your name on the other thread if you have any interest.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

We just hit 200 people signed up, which is 25 rounds of 8 teams drafting. So we now officially have enough for 8 teams, but obviously we would like some more and I'm sure more will signup in the next 9 days.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                              X