New Rule Discussion: Weekly 50* cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rule Discussion: Weekly 50* cap

Remember, there is a 50* cap per team per week of competition. "Per week" refers to either a full 3-league Sunday or a combined Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday set.

For example, Ease is rated 9*, so if he adds himself to any game that week, he has 41* left to use on players for ALL THREE GAMES that week. Example:

Nimrook Ideal Lineups:

Warbird
    1. Ease (9)
    2. CrimsonX (3)
    3. Jones (5)
    4. Zyphen (3)
    5. Saetep (5)

Jav
    1. Ease
    2. Maketso (5)
    3. Fludd (5)
    4. Necromotic (5)
    5. Zizu (7)

Base
    1. Renzi (4)
    2. Ease
    3. Fludd
    4. Maketso
    5. Necromotic
    6. M_M God (5)
    7. Saetep
    8. Zizu

Unique Stars: 51
    If Ease were to add in this particular lineup during a particular week, he would be over the limit. To remedy this, he would probably need to bench M_M God at 5* for a 3* or 4* spider.

Keep in mind this proposed lineup is with Ease playing all 3 leagues, and Fludd, Maketso, Saetep, Necromotic, and Zizu playing multiple leagues. If Ease wants to add in more single-league players, he had better hope Zizu at 7* doesn't show up or that either only one of Necro or M_M God at 5* each show up to play in the jav game and be the base special.

If we looked at another team that's aiming to win in all 3 leagues, like fahrenheit's:

Warbird
    1. apok (5)
    2. a2m (7)
    3. dak (4)
    4. fahrenheit (5)
    5. starweaver (5)

Jav
    1. a2m
    2. inaphyt (3)
    3. lionheart (4)
    4. stayon (7)
    5. fahrenheit

Base
    1. a2m
    2. fahrenheit
    3. glavitik (4)
    4. grandmastahs (4)
    5. rednaz (5)
    6. stayon
    7. omega red (3)
    8. apok

Unique Stars: 56
    Uh oh, this would involve swapping out someone like lionheart for rednaz in both jav/base, or playing rednaz in all 3, taking out starweaver. I'm pretty sure I botched the jav/basing lineups, but it's an example of the type of multi-leaguing that needs to take place in order to field a lineup that is competitive.

The 50* rule is an interesting wrinkle to this season and places huge emphasis on players who can multi-league at TWL level, as well as 3* players who can carry a lineup and 2* players who will show often and be solid additions to the team. I'm a little surprised to see it used in a league that is meant to allow newer players to be on a team alongside vets, as it seems to encourage adding the same multi-league players in all the lineups of a particular day. There might even be some bigger issues when you consider the weekday games - maybe one player can show up on Tuesday for one league, but not Wednesday or Thursday for the other leagues - how will that change a captain's lineups?

Keep all these things in mind when you are bidding for free agents, because anyone that's going over 4 or 5 stars is going to be really difficult to work into a lineup...
    Last edited by Black Mage; 09-04-2011, 10:25 PM.
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Why would you add hurricane to any of those lineups (Good point tho)

Comment

looks like my 1-league strategy was a solid idea afterall. GL MULTI-LEAGUERS
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

anyone else think this should be *'s per league not overall?!!! fuk

Comment

* cap per league penalized multi-leaguers since we wanted just one rating and not one for each league. You shouldn't be less useful because you are more valuable.
          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

(hulk <ER>)>cuz of this 50* niq rule
            :hulk <ER>:ya that 50 rule is gay
            (hulk <ER>)>go reply 2 my post
            :hulk <ER>:y
            (hulk <ER>)>i tell bm 2 make *'s seperate in each league not overall
            (hulk <ER>)>need dis support 2 change
            :hulk <ER>:gif me 5k in pub
            (hulk <ER>)>cuz it juss niqs ppl who want 2 play
            (hulk <ER>)>?
            (hulk <ER>)>u post n i gif u 5k
            :hulk <ER>:ya it gonna end up making ppl 3 league
            :hulk <ER>:and ppl gonna get sat
            (hulk <ER>)>ya
            (hulk <ER>)>rules says u need 30 people
            (hulk <ER>)>....................
            :hulk <ER>:ye
            (hulk <ER>)>only like 8 ppl get 2 play
            (hulk <ER>)>dumb pos rule
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

(hulk <ER>)>LOL?
              (hulk <ER>)>U DONE
              :hulk <ER>:dis easiest way
              (hulk <ER>)>...................
              (hulk <ER>)>y u nig me
              (hulk <ER>)>u get $0 for dis
              :hulk <ER>:how i nig u, i even change the g in nig to a q
              (hulk <ER>)>.......
              :hulk <ER>:dis how u repay me?
              (hulk <ER>)>y u get me in trouble
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

But in all seriousness, I agree with Hulk. Caps will end up playing the same people in each league and the 30 man rosters will prove to be useless.

:hulk <ER>:i add in serious part
                (hulk <ER>)>o
                (hulk <ER>)>ty 4 dis
                (hulk <ER>)>cum 2 pub
                :hulk <ER>:y
                TW-Pub1> hulk <ER> sent you $5000, you have now $1014213.
                Cres> tehehehe

p.s. sup jerome where my 10k

Comment

brookus - 3
                  mattey - 6
                  jerome - 2
                  straitjacket - 2
                  pavement - 4
                  selena - 2
                  hacking - 2
                  cripple - 5

27 stars, i use mattey in dt-d and i still have 23 stars for trasher, guero, poxy, paralyze, bacon

i'll be able to work it out but also im obviously not looking at twdt-j too hard

internet de la jerome

Comment

well it looks like jerome has it figured out, but i hope the other caps (esp fahrenheit) can work out their own numbers and have a spreadsheet up before they add their game lineups, or there's going to be a lot of issues.
                    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

I do agree that overall 50* caps are going to fuck the newer players however, I definitely wound up drafting less new talent than I would have liked. FA opens tomorrow though

btw I'm going to totally Dave Hester all the bids.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                        I do agree that overall 50* caps are going to fuck the newer players however, I definitely wound up drafting less new talent than I would have liked. FA opens tomorrow though

btw I'm going to totally Walter Mendenhall all the bids.
                        Fixed

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

You're going to put trasher and poxy in other leagues but not let them base over some of those guys?
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                            You're going to put trasher and poxy in other leagues but not let them base over some of those guys?
                            see i was just listing a base team off the top of my head, so the last picks i made came first and i forgot about trash and poxy rofl

but thats what happens when you sit at the same spot for like 6 hours and do nothing but talk twdt (if i was draft i would add #MINDSCRAMBLED)

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                            X