PDA

View Full Version : Nimrook - TWDTB Week 2 Appeal

With Ease
09-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Hello, I hate to do this...but feel it's necessary given the circumstances of today's TWDTB game against Calculus Crusaders. Prior to the start of the game, when I was adding the line, I used several switches. About 30 seconds before the game started, I again tried to do a switch using the bot, but was told I had no available ship switches remaining. I notified blackmage immediately after but figured I could probably manage using no ship switches and instead just spamming ship changes. After about two minutes of playing, it became apparent that I needed to make changes to the line. Having no ship switches left, i used up a couple of changes instead. But after another 2-3 minutes, I wanted to make major changes to the line (terr switch, shark switch, special switch) and was unable to do so. Using ship changes as a substitute for switching was a failure, as there simply were not enough to carry out the lineup change I desired.

Therefore...unfortunately team Nimrook is appealing the loss today against Calculus Crusaders and would greatly like a replay. Thanks.

EDIT: It was also annoying as fuck to be PMed by people asking for me to make changes in the line. Not sure how much more clear I could have been about NO SWITCHES left (looking at you renzi).

the_paul
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
We were already warned of this appeal and came to a decision before Ease even posted this. This appeal has been GRANTED and you 2 captains will need to come to an agreement on when to replay. Your options are Sunday after the games or Thursday after those games. Please get together and tell us what you decide.

-TWDT team

Jerome Scuggs
09-23-2011, 12:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SdeA6.jpg

With Ease
09-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Things fall apart, Jerome.

paska
09-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Great hosts you got there TWDT team. Couldve restarted it or just not make us play through the whole game for nothing

Miku19
09-23-2011, 04:12 AM
And why does everything have to go through the bot anyways? You'd think it'd be OK to give hosts the permission to do stuff like ship switches if the bot is buggy. Getting people to show for these weekday matches is hard enough as it is, and next weekend is already fully booked because of the TWDT-D replay. Goddamnit!

Spikester
09-23-2011, 06:56 AM
good shit!

Reab
09-23-2011, 09:29 AM
And why does everything have to go through the bot anyways? You'd think it'd be OK to give hosts the permission to do stuff like ship switches if the bot is buggy. Getting people to show for these weekday matches is hard enough as it is, and next weekend is already fully booked because of the TWDT-D replay. Goddamnit!

If you change them manually, the bot will NOT register them, means they wont show in the stats, or maybe will even be specced each death, or pregame by the bot, becaue he smells cheating/malfunctioning. It sadly is no opportunity to add manually.

Jerome Scuggs
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
at this rate there might as well be a "replay weekend"

Mobey
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Great hosts you got there TWDT team. Couldve restarted it or just not make us play through the whole game for nothing

I wasn't made aware of any problems during the match so don't blame the hosts.

Miku19
09-23-2011, 04:42 PM
If you change them manually, the bot will NOT register them, means they wont show in the stats, or maybe will even be specced each death, or pregame by the bot, becaue he smells cheating/malfunctioning. It sadly is no opportunity to add manually.

To be honest, if it's just about the stats I really think there shouldn't even be a discussion which is more important, finishing the game fairly or getting all stats correct.

renzi
09-23-2011, 05:31 PM
la

the_paul
09-23-2011, 07:18 PM
its not about the stats. Thats about all I will dignify with a response, I'll ignore the rest.

Miku19
09-24-2011, 04:50 AM
its not about the stats. Thats about all I will dignify with a response, I'll ignore the rest.

Yeah, obviously not and I understand the need for a replay even if I don't completely agree.