TWDT Week 5 Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Week 5 Recap

So Week 5 of the Fall 2011 TWDT is over, and that means the regular season only has one more full calendar week left. So who played well and who did not?

TWDTD

Baby Eater (5-0), led by Mythril (15-5), defeated (50-29) Lemon Tree (1-4) in the biggest blowout of the season. Flop (10-10) managed to maintain an even record despite the calamity around him, which included a rare 3-person-combined 2-10 (Rule, Tomas Hakke, and wiibimbo). For Baby Eater, Sir Spider (10-6) continued his superbly consistent season, and 1.337 (12-9) played well again also.

There was another blowout this week, but not one that I expected. Dun vs me (4-1) soundly beat (50-33) Nimrook (3-2) behind a twin-carry from Geio (13-6) and Iron Survivor (12-5). Both teams entered the contest 3-1, but Dun vs me clearly showed they were in a separate class altogether. Ease (4-10) struggled in this one, and it was his first dueling game with less than 12 kills all season. He didn't get much help from his other impact TWL teammates, as Jones (9-10) finished with 10 less kills than last week, and beam (7-10) and QPR (6-10) were even worse.

There's another team tied with Dun vs me, because Reign (4-1) denied (50-40) BONK! (1-4) behind a balanced attack. Demonic (12-9) and Murder (12-8) led the team in kills, while StarWeaver (10-4) had the best differential. Rednaz (10-10) finished even. Esau (13-10) led BONK! in kills, and Megaman89 (8-10) has now only gone positive one time this season in dueling. Obi (4-10) had the worst performance out of the two teams for BONK!, and Duclover (6-10) has now played 4 straight dueling rounds without going positive.

The last game of the week was by far the closest (50-49). You could say both teams wanted to win it, but one was really hungry. Calculus Crusaders (1-4) broke their fast and their losing streak by taking a bite out of Boner Soup (1-4). The Crusaders feasted on Bacon (6-10), who went home with an empty stomach. Skatarius (7-5) ate.

TWDTJ

Dun vs me (3-2) took a beatdown stick (50-26) to Boner Soup (1-4), carried mostly by flared (15-9) and Eelam (11-5). Geio (7-2) and Infared (9-3) put up 3:1 differential's in the win also. Boner Soup clearly took advantage of an ability to play some spiders in a different league, as poxy (6-10), Straitjacket (2-10), and Trasher (6-10) struggled here.

As a nerd, I look for patterns all the time. So I was excited to see that all of BONK!'s (3-2*) players finished with 6 deaths in their easy (naturally) victory (50-30) over Baby Eater (0-5). Megaman89 (12-6), Zidane (12-6), and NL>Trigger (11-6) were the ones with notable kill totals. Tarriskat (1-10) was in over his head and asked for a sub a few times, but there was no one else to sub in.

Nimrook (4-1) defeated (50-38) fellow 3-1* team Calculus Crusaders (3-2*) to become the only team with 4 wins in javelin so far this season. Who let Raples (11-5) join Fludd (11-6) and Ease (12-10) to create a mini-Thunder. This was a pretty ho-hum victory for Nimrook over an OK opposing line, so they should probably be considered the favorite to win TWDTJ as of right now.

The last game of the week was also the last game to finish, because of the cowardice/heroism of Culex (15-8). By running for 3 minutes, Culex secured Reign's (3-2) victory (49-48), to great outcry from the 30 opponents on Lemon Tree's (3-2) frequency. Bender Rodriguez (15-9) tried his best, but was unable to kill Culex enough. Tiny (13-10) also had a good day for Lemon Tree, but Children (3-8) did not. Children has shown up every week, and he has put up every kind of production possible, from bad and subbed to not very good, to fair, to pretty good and great.

TWDTB

I hosted BONK! (4-1) defeating (15:00-12:24) Lemon Tree (2-3) in basing action. The main takeaway I got from this game is that Megaman89 (119-46, 12 TeKs) was just way too much for Lemon Tree to handle. He earned the game's MVP. NL>Trigger (114-60, 3) was the top spider kill/ratio-wise for BONK!, and also led everyone besides Megaman89 in TeKs. Claushouse (71-68) was clearly the worst performer for BONK!. Leitz (99-61), on the other hand, was the top performer for Lemon Tree. Paradise (53-59, 3) and Children (8-19) could not counteract Megaman89's production. They also switched from Heisman (7-9) to Tiny (15-13) in terr during the match.

There were two upsets this week, and the first one was Nimrook (3-2*) knocking off (15:00-10:15) the formerly undefeated Boner Soup (4-1). Once again the key player from my look was also the MVP, and that was Zizu (55-6). That record averages out to around 2+ kills every minute and a death every 4 minutes, which is really good for a terr. His counterpart, Brookus, for example, averaged a death every 2 minutes and just over 1 kill per minute. Naturally these numbers are heavily dependent on the team around the terr. Jerome has stated that both his sharks asked to be subbed out (I'm assuming IRL issues), and that led to his team's collapse and loss. That is obviously a shame because Mattey (3.1 rpd) was playing well in shark as usual. For Nimrook, cuji (82-51) had the best numbers in spider. Neither special for either team played out of this world, although M_M God (76-55, 4) and Trasher (57-39, 3) had OK stats.

The other upset was dun vs me (3-2) coming back from the cliff (15:00-14:55) to beat the similarly formerly unbeaten Calculus Crusaders (4-1*). The Calculus Crusaders were ousted from the FR with only 5 seconds of flag-time needed. But after that, they couldn't break dun vs me's cram. Rucci (125-61) took home the MVP for dun vs me, but the key to the win in my eyes was Eelam (jav stats: 48-27, 3). He was switched to javelin near the end of the game, and he disrupted every Calculus Crusaders attack from then on. He was a pest against their break. Speaking of ship changes, holy damn did hulk go nuts in that category. Baffling (128-72, 1) put up the best spider ratio for Calculus Crusaders, and Phrenitis (40-9, 3) had a pretty good day in Terr.

The last game of the week featured the two winless TWDTB squads. Baby Eater (1-4) came to play though, and demolished (15:00-2:27) a Reign (0-5) squad that just can't get it together in this division (but is 7-3 in the other 2 divisions). Fermata (17-1, 3) showed up to give Baby Eater a good terr alternative, which freed Tsumetai (82-33) up to MVP in spider. Shout out to The_Paul, who doesn't do anything as an Op but managed a 3.0 RPD this week in shark. 1.337 (69-29, 4) did pretty well in basebird, a position I could see him playing more of in the future for Baby Eater. Not much positive to speak of for Reign. StarWeaver (15-9, 1) scored the only TeK for them.

*replay pending
    Last edited by Black Mage; 10-03-2011, 10:02 PM.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

yeah calculus crusaders were literally hungry as skat tanked Trasher's shot at 49-49 and killed him straight away which the entire arena saw....NOT THAT IM BITTER.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

seriously skat's dead-on eat was the most ridiculous thing ever
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

50 million bullets eaten by that fuckstick over the years and people bitch about one of his being eaten

perspective has officially been lost
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

but hes finnish!!!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            but hes finnish!!!
            he's dutch!!!!
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

rarely does it come down to 49-49, where one guy clearly plays better (coming back from like a 46-48 3v1 to a 49-49 1v1) and clearly gets the gamewinning shot which was dead-on and ranged (I know lag comes into play at close range and when thrusting but neither applied).

but that wasn't even the only game I got fucked in, 6minutes up over Nimroom in base and both sharks ask for sub at the same time. one shark woulda been ok but two, with one also captaining? 2.3rpd ffs. (I hate you ph!!!)

internet de la jerome

Comment

tbh i never mind seeing unfortunate things happen to people who run non stop

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                  but that wasn't even the only game I got fucked in, 6minutes up over Nimroom in base and both sharks ask for sub at the same time. one shark woulda been ok but two, with one also captaining? 2.3rpd ffs. (I hate you ph!!!)
                  you know my trade demands, i'm content to rot on your bench until they're met
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                    you know my trade demands, i'm content to rot on your bench until they're met
                    sigh my plans for a remember-the-titans-esque triumph of friendship and camaraderie over hatred and intolerance is falling apart thanks to you!!!

internet de la jerome

Comment

3-1*

Comment

All updated.
                        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                          sigh my plans for a remember-the-titans-esque triumph of friendship and camaraderie over hatred and intolerance is falling apart thanks to you!!!
                          Rofl how can you refuse to play with this guy after a post like this?
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

?

when twdt starting
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

black mage u got some nerd boner trying to include me in your Nots even when we win? lead the push hellkite style entire game, if you're too stupid to notice that, keep my name outta your mouth you dumb fuck. Gone positive in every single dt-d and dt-b except 1 and end up in your not section every time, you're a fucking idiot.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X