Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2v2 Money Tournament: Win up to 200 bucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2v2 Money Tournament: Win up to 200 bucks!

Hello Trench Warriors,

You interested in making some mad cash? Gotta pay off your internet bill so you don't lag out in Finals (sup Ease)? Do you want to prove you and your partner have what it takes to be the best?

Then let's hear your voices! I'd like to run a single-elimination 2v2 tournament, in both ships if enough interest is generated, where each team would be asked to put up 10 bucks (5 per partner) to get in a tournament where you can potentially win up to 200 bucks (tentative, but it'll be at least 150, and can be as much as 300). Hell, we're discussing 2nd/3rd places as well, so stay tuned! This would happen over the span of 2 weekends (or Sundays), so that people are able to participate in both ships, and would begin at 3 or 4, to accommodate to both the European and American players. The reason I want to do something like this is because TW has been quiet with TWL not around, and I'm hoping it's a good way to introduce the 2v2 bots set up by Evildeed/whoever else did it.

The reason I'd want to do something like this is, TW has been dead without any leagues going on, and since TWL is in January, why not spice things up? It's a good way to introduce that 2v2 bot that's been setup for the zone, and it'll hopefully get some people practicing. I've spoken to the Head of the Events Coordinating Team (my boy LF), and they're on board & are helping me with all these details. I wanna mention this, because with Kthx still roaming on forums there's bound to be some skepticism; this will be legitimate. Your money will be safe, blah blah blah, I've ran it through Pure_Luck as well, it's a go.

Now it's on you guys. Are you interested in doing something like this? If you are, either post that you are, or hit me up with ?message. If you have ANY suggestions at all on what you'd like to see out of this tournament, whether logistical or general, feel free to tell me/post it here. Hulk and I are working on this at the moment, and help would be taken with open arms. I'll compile a list in this very post, and keep editing based off of interest. Looking forward to your responses!

Edit: Yea I was just informed of that Cancer! guy's proposal, I didn't see that when I thought this up lol. I promise not to randomly "lose interest" if we have enough people =)
    Edit2: Please state your partner's alias/your own TWD alias, and the ship you'd like to participate in. Thank yas

Warbird:

Scoop
    CrimsonX/Peru
    Geio/Apok
    Rasaq/Raazi (unconfirmed)

Javelin:
    Dreamwin/?
    Last edited by Riverside; 11-15-2011, 03:44 PM.

+1 if we can manage to get this happen.

Comment

I'll help with hosting or supervising if you need.

Also: horrible manners, very rude
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Don't think there's a better team out there than me and Raazi.

Comment

I'm down for that.
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I suggest using that Poll Bot to get votes from inside the game as well, since there's a lot of players in game that don't use the forums.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

I also offer myself to hosting and all that jazz if you can get this going
              7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

Nice suggestion 24.

I've set up a bot that will sit in ?go tournament for 3 days and record poll results. There will also be a zoner that goes out once per hour for those 3 days suggesting that people go and vote. If you want to vote type ?go tournament and PM the Robobot sitting in there with 1 for yes, and 2 for no.
                1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Count me in for the jav. Although I have limited time to play while i'm in the army. Only the 4th of december is good sunday for me.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I'm in for WB, most likely partner with Peru. CrimsonX/Peru

Comment

if you're serious about keeping this legit, ban turban from playing in it. the guy has already lagcheated his way to stealing plenty of donation money in previous cash prize events.

and you can say that i'm just being a bitter asshole or some such shit, but it's the truth. talk to anyone who played in those events with him. he won (i think) every last event that ever offered a cash prize, and it wasn't because he's just that good.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

hello riverside <Zh>
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

its ZH noob, we cap both letters, thats in the guide, get with it jones
                          7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

I've donated $10 already to this game and haven't seen it put to any use. So just have 24 or whomever take that money and put it into this tournament.

Comment

2 on 2 shark duel anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X