PDA

View Full Version : 2vs2 Money Tournament: December 4th

Turban
11-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Here's the deal about the tournament, ladies and gentlemen.

After discussing with Riverside and LF about this buy-in tournament a couple of days ago, we finally agreed with some specifics (such as the rules and start dates and buy-in fees) which allowed me to finally get my sorry ass to write this forum post about the first upcoming real money buy-in tournament. We are hoping to get at least ten teams to sign up for the tournament with the amount of people signing up gradually increasing as we continue to host more buy-in tournaments. I have my fingers crossed that we can manage to make this a successful event that will attract more and more participants, and I will do my best to remain unbiased and get the best staffers available to monitor the events.

Currently we have set the date for Sunday, December 4th. The time slot is still open and up for discussion, plus I'm more than willing to listen to any suggestions and proposals about that matter. However, you really should keep in mind that the very same day this tournament is meant to happen, there will be an Attack Tournament starting around 3 PM EST and we can't have these two events overlap each other. Thus, we only have four time slots open to my knowledge, them being 2 PM, 4 PM, 5 PM and 6 PM EST as long as the Attack tournament doesn't last longer than an hour. Our current goal is to have both Warbird and Javelin tournaments the same day, but if you ask me that seems like an unlikely event to happen. There simply doesn't seem to be enough interest within the player base to participate in a javelin tournament as of now, thus we could just play it safe and go all out on advertising only the warbird tournament.

Also during that brief meeting we agreed on the buy-in fee for the upcoming tournament. We decided that it would be good to start with a small buy-in fee being $10 for each team or $5 for each player. You can either pay the entire fee for your team alone or make both parties send the fees to my PayPal account to be eligible for the tournament, whichever is easier for you. Our prize pool for the tournament will entirely depend on how many people sign up for the tournament and we also wish to keep a small percentage (5% to 10%) of the overall prize pool for a future major money tournament or to add the money to the Trench Wars Funds. The major tournament would happen, most likely, after the TWL Finals unless this tournament type doesn't generate enough interest. In an event of only one of the players showing up for the event on time, he should find try to himself a new partner to replace his old partner whom failed to show on time. We would rather not do any refunds, thus please have at least one of the players to show up.

We were planning on using the tournament map that has been regularly been used for several money tournaments, meaning we would host it in ?go Tourny. I agree that it's not the best arena (bad design, small dueling areas) to have a tournament like this, but I would rather have a bot run it automatically than rely on staffers whom may be biased and make several errors. We will try to override the death counts to 10 as the current limit is 5 deaths per player, at least the older version of TournyBot supported up to 10 death tournaments. We will folow the standard Tourny rules, meaning bot will handle the lagouts and lag limit checking (naturally, you can still do ?cheater reports if you suspect someone of cheating or if someone is lagging way too much, in these cases we will send a staffer as soon as possible to monitor the player(s) reported). The seeding will also be completely random due to way the bot has been coded.

There's only a few key players organizing this event, and those are the ECT Team (me and LF), Hulk and Riverside unless I'm missing someone not-so-important. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

UPDATE!

We have opened the signups for this tournament. I have decided to use my own PayPal account because neither Hulk or Riverside wanted to set one up for the tournament. We shall soon start the advertising for this event, which would include periodical zoners within the game, an updated news message on trenchwars.org website with its calendar section properly updated and possibly I will even set up a bot to the tournament arena itself to provide the link and some additional information about the upcoming tournament.

EXAMPLE OF A TOURNAMENT:

Here's a very simple and quick example of how the tournament would work with 40 players, or rather 20 teams, participating.

Each team would pay the buy-in fee of $10 to be eligible to participate in the first official buy-in money tournament. The prize pool for this tournament would be $200 but we would most likely keep at least 5% of that, meaning the overall prize pool would be $190 with us keeping the $10 for a major tournament that is supposed to happen after the TWL Finals. With 20 teams participating we would most likely only give the top two teams a prize, but there's also a chance that more teams (such as third place) could receive a small percentage of the prize pool. The winner would get around 60% to 65% of the prize pool (depending on the amount of prized positions), second place would get 30% to 35% and third place, assuming we have one, would get the remaining 20% of the prize pool.

If a player fails to show for the tournament, his partner has the right to pick a new team mate (as long as he's not already participating in another team) to avoid us from having to issue refunds. We would rather not have to do that as it's such a mess.

Here's a simplified version with either two or three prized positions with an overall prize pool of $190; the two prizes format is in the parentheses.

1st place: $105 ($125)
2nd place: $55 ($65)
3rd place: $30 (nothing)

At least that is how I was planning on running this tournament and do the prizes. Also, due to the fact that I'm bad at explaining shit (sorry for being European), if something was left unclear or if I forgot to mention something, simply ask and I shall respond as soon as possible.

Let's try to make this tournament a success together!

UPDATE: Some people wanted this tournament to be at 5 PM EST instead of 4 PM EST, which is completely fine by me. Thus, the tournament is scheduled to start on December 4th, Sunday at 5 PM EST

Turban
11-25-2011, 11:12 AM
--- EDIT EDIT HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT EDIT EDIT ---

I will be providing my own PayPal account for this purpose. Now even more people will know my absolutely ridiculous name, haha. Here's a very simplified guide on how to sign up for the tournament that is supposed to start on December 4th.

Step #1: First of all you must create a PayPal account if you do not already have one, then link your credit card and/or bank account to transfer funds to that account. This whole procedure should take 5 minutes at most.

Step #2: After you have logged into PayPal and have enough funds, please send them to the PayPal account atte.oinonen@gmail.com while adding a message to the money transfer stating from whom the money is from and in which tournament(s) you want to signup for. As an example, you could write something like this when transferring the money from the "Send Money" area: Here's the $10 buy-in fee for the upcoming Warbird Tournament. - Apok & Riverside. When that is done, confirm the transfer and pay the fees -- unless you're as cheap as me, then I suppose I can pay the minimal fees off my own purse.

Step #3: After transferring the money to my PayPal account, you should also send me a message in-game (using the ?message Byakko:<message> feature) or on the forums. To message me on the forums, simply click my name and hit the "Private Message" link provided to you.

Step #4: Wait for me to confirm the transfer. When that is done (it should be within 24 hours of the transfer), then I shall add you to the sign ups list that shows whom are participating in the upcoming money tournament and in which tournament they are playing in.

Step #5: Simply wait for further instructions, such as exact dates (should know those soon enough, but the current ETA is on Sunday, December 4th at 5 PM EST) and possible rule changes, although those are unlikely to happen.

That should be a foolproof guide even for the less intelligent people on the forums and in the game. Good luck, space warriors, let's try to get at least a few people to sign up and make this a success together.

No emoing, please. Let's make this a fun tournament that we can enjoy.

WARBIRD TOURNAMENT (2 vs 2) SIGNUP LIST

Mythril & Paky Dude
Ease & Byakko
Skepsis & Deez Nutz
Peru & Vue
Riverside & Engineers
Cross & Best
Apok & Pure_Luck

Current size of the prize pool: $90 USD

Turban
11-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I will probably open the sign ups in approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes from this post, that's when I should have a paypal account running for this purpose plus the guide for signing up ready to go.

Ephemeral
11-25-2011, 02:37 PM
I hope this is fun for those involved and somehow increses interest in TW (my fear is that this might actual increase the drama, even if it does represent only a few dollars).

Just one question. If this becomes really successful, and you have kids bascially gambling with their baby sitting money, does it make TW a 'game of skill' and then covered by various gaming laws in various states? Turb, I have a name of a good gaming lawyer when you need it. :)
eph

Turban
11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Haha. I really doubt this will become that successful, but you do have a valid point. However, I have this feeling that most people that sign up are way over 18 years old (basically, the older veterans will be signing up rather than new players, at least for starters) thus we shouldn't run into any problems.. but if we do, well.. at least I know who to call. ;)

Turban
11-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Should we only do a Warbird tournament for starters and leave Javelin for a later date? Or are we really going to be ambitious enough to have both Javelin and Warbird tournaments running the very same day?

Turban
11-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Have updated the trenchwars.org site and calendar, when I get home I will try to get some periodical zoners going and set up a bot. Hopefully we can get some people sign up within the next 9 days.

Turban
11-27-2011, 12:50 PM
update: we're only going to do the warbird tournament on December 4th, as it seems to be way too ambitious to run two tournaments at the same day. sign up if you're still interested of participating in this, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

the tournament is scheduled to start next Sunday at 5 PM EST.

Mythril
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
me and paky dude bout to win some easy cash

too much pakril

riverside is a faggot

and make it at 5pm est please

Turban
11-28-2011, 04:15 AM
yeah I can definitely make it 5 PM, especially if the attack tournament draft lasts for over an hour.

Damaging
11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I would participate in jav tournament

Zeebu
11-28-2011, 01:46 PM
buy in should be proportionate to your lag

Turban
11-28-2011, 03:26 PM
that'd mean i'd get in for free? ^__^ scaling downways.

Turban
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
decided not to do a javelin tournament unless there's enough interest of there being one. no point of making it happen with only two teams signing up. plus, could you even find a partner for yourself, damaging? if so, i can reopen the javelin signups.

Zeebu
11-28-2011, 03:38 PM
have the entry fee for 50-60ms or less be the base. for every 10 ms over that its an extra dollar

got it

With Ease
11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
yeah I'm in for this, bring it Riverside

Infrared
11-28-2011, 05:43 PM
turb cud u pm me back

soup
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
lol turban gonna rip you guys offf big timeeeeeeee

Turban
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
am da most trust-worthy european plus this amount of money is absolutely nothing for anyone that has work and/or free time to spend.

Turban
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I will close the signups on Sunday, December 4th at 4:00 PM EST. Then the tournament will being exactly in 1 hour from that.

Turban
11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
here's as a small status update at work from a grumpy ol' me: well, i'm not clearly getting enough teams to sign up for the tournament at the moment; basically only two teams are confirmed to participate in this tournament. we can always hope that more teams will sign up, but at the moment i see it unlikelyto happen despite the likes of apok, geio, raazi, riverside and scoop stating their interest of participating in a tournament like this one. guess those simply were only empty promises in the end, hah. nonetheless, the bot is ready for this tournament (with the option to force the tournament to 10 deaths) and we'll do this even if only 2-5 teams participate. if that will be the case, then i'll add some extra money from my own pockets and give the entire prize pool to the winning team.

now on to some more serious matters that most people will probably ignore or not even care to read through. if this tournament doesn't generate enough interest this weekend, or rather participants, then i'm most likely going to cancel every money buy-in tournament plans i had scheduled for the future, including the rather big tournament at the end of the TWL season and money tournaments with no buy-in but a cash prize (call it a freeroll if you want, similar to the free poker tournaments). it simply won't be worth the effort to try to run stuff like this if the public isn't interested of participating in a well-organized tournament hosted by someone that has pretty much never fucked up shit.

that's all for now. so exhausted.

Turban
11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
however, as part of the event coordination team, i will still gladly assist anyone that needs help hosting tournaments like this in the future if there's someone willing to go through the trouble. that includes doing stuff like periodical zoners, news post on trench wars site, updating the trench wars calendar and similar things.

Miku19
11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Thank you for doing all this work for nothing. :)

Turban
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
no problem!

LF
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
So here's what I'm curious about, since I've been sorta watching the planning for this from a distance.... Just a week ago I had a poll running to see how many people would play in a tournament like this. In less than 3 days time, there was 80ish people who voted "Yes, I'd absolutely play in a pay to play tournament". 1 week later, after I gave turban the green light, we have 4 people signed up. Is there sometimes specific that is preventing people from just wanting to play and actually playing?

Mythril
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
itt: people are giant pussies

Riverside
11-30-2011, 06:54 PM
So here's what I'm curious about, since I've been sorta watching the planning for this from a distance.... Just a week ago I had a poll running to see how many people would play in a tournament like this. In less than 3 days time, there was 80ish people who voted "Yes, I'd absolutely play in a pay to play tournament". 1 week later, after I gave turban the green light, we have 4 people signed up. Is there sometimes specific that is preventing people from just wanting to play and actually playing?

Your zoner was misleading. I'm not blaming you or anything, because I sorta figured this would happen, but when people saw that poll, I don't think they saw "buy-in". I doubt most people that voted even knew that they had to pay x amount to join the tournament. Hey I'm still definitely interested, but it seems majority of TW is not atm. Perhaps the timing was off, or maybe the idea itself just will not work with this kind of population. Oh well.

Miku19
12-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I don't know if finding a pair for a pay-to-play tournament is an issue too. At least I feel like there's nobody worthy of me to play with!

Turban
12-01-2011, 04:06 AM
here's the truth as i see it: there simply isn't enough people interested of participating in a tournament where you actually have to pay some sort of fee to participate in, despite the fact that it would increase the prize pool by quite a lot. when there's not enough people that are willing to chip in a measly amount of dollars, in this case 5 to 10, you know this zone isn't going to the right direction in terms of activity.

thus, people only love to play tournaments where there's no chance of losing a few dollars but a way to win money. but hey, is really winning $5 or $10 that big of a deal? because you won't see anyone throw $50+ for a money tournament, that'd be a huge waste of money.

now i have to go before i miss the train for work. hope people will sign up on saturday and/or sunday.

b4serman
12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Buy-in tourny where the prize is the buy-in amount is just a bad idea in general. It only works with luck-based games like poker or with a group of friends.

It would be better if you take 50 bucks from the donations as the prize money and have like a 2$ buy-in for each person. That way people actually have an idea of how much they can profit rather than hope for more people to join. You might not get 25 people to signup, but it's a better incentive than this.

Also, you need a website or something. Turb's trustworthy, but if you're trying to get pubbers or randoms to join, you want it to be more secured and professional with handling money.

Turban
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
yeah that's true. plus, in tournaments like these, the regular players (that, to be honest, aren't that good at this game) won't have the slightest chance of winning thus there's no point for them to sign up.

i'll just host this one tournament, see how it goes and do some adjusments to the rules (such as changing the buy-in fees, adding base prize pool from donations and/or from my own pocket) or simply just stop doing these kinds of stuff until the zone / players are ready.

.. need another drink, but you get the point.

Turban
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
well, surprisingly we got at least 4 teams to sign up this time.

Turban
12-03-2011, 08:19 PM
got 5 teams (although, riverside & scoop are currently unconfirmed) with a few other people interested. with some luck, we might get 10 teams to sign up before the deadline tomorrow.

Turban
12-03-2011, 09:22 PM
UPDATE at 4:29AM (FIN):

We have a total of 5 teams signed up, meaning our overall prize pool would be $50 currently. However, after a brief discussion with 24 we've decided to add a little extra money to the tournament from Trench Wars funds. This means the overall prize pool with 5 teams participating would be $70.

(we added $20 from trench wars funds which were meant for money events and/or tournaments)

Turban
12-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I will close the sign ups today at 4:30 PM EST. After that no more entires allowed. Currently there's 5 teams signed up plus an extra $20 from trench wars funds, thus the overall prize pool is $70 for the winner only. If more teams sign up (8+) then top two teams will get a prize, first team getting around 65% to 70% of the overall prize pool and second place getting the rest.

Turban
12-04-2011, 11:53 AM
6 teams. woop.

Turban
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Due to some special circumstances, only one of the players of the winning team will receive the full prize within few minutes of completing the tournament. The other person has to wait one to two days to get his prize money. This is because some faggots failed with the fee sending (forced me to pay the fees, someone sending with canadian dollars instead of usd and some other shit) thus I don't have the full amount of money for the prize pool at the moment.

This means, if our current prize pool is 80 USD, one of the players would get 40 USD the very same day. The other guy on his team would have to wait the 1-2 days to get his money. This should be alright, though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, because I'm participating I will not be hosting this tournament, as that'd be fucking weird. I'm letting pinkSTAR handle the event aside from introductions and updates, along with having several staffers (smods, twd ops etc) watching over the event.

Turban
12-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Congratulations to Riverside & Engineers for winning the first buy-in tournament and cashing in $90 USD. They decided to donate a total of $40 from the prize money for two additional free-to-enter tournaments with a prize pool of $20 each. We're doing a 2vs2 Warbird and 2vs2 Javelin Tournament to 5 deaths as I'm typing this.

Turban
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Mythril & Paky Dude won the first free-to-enter tournament (2vs2 Warbird to 5 deaths) from the donated money and earned $20. Afterwards, megaman89 and waven teamed up and won the 2vs2 Javelin tournament for another $20.

Brentos
12-05-2011, 11:43 AM
and we also wish to keep a small percentage (5% to 10%) of the overall prize pool
u guys are worse then that homeless dude down at the liquor store
so who is liable in tw for undeclared income/tax evasion/unlicensed gambling?
gone way past "donations"

Turban
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
learn to read for what purpose the money is for, scrub. we're saving the money to get a huge money tournament at the end of TWL season - after TWL finals to be precise. heck, even poker sites and what not have rakes and fees which they keep by themselves (e.g. buy-in tournament with $5 + $0.50 fee, where they keep the 50 cents), but at least we're going to spend everything we gain at some point.

who wouldn't want to participate in a tournament where there's a chance of winning hundreds of dollars for a small fee? ^__^

Supreme
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Me!

Brentos
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
learn to read for what purpose the money is for, scrub.

to add the money to the Trench Wars Funds.

:D

heck, even poker sites and what not have rakes and fees which they keep by themselves (e.g. buy-in tournament with $5 + $0.50 fee, where they keep the 50 cents),
they pay taxes and alot of them are under investigation in the USA and they all have to be licensed for gambling according to every country's laws the service is available in

who wouldn't want to participate in a tournament where there's a chance of winning hundreds of dollars for a small fee? ^__^
was gonna post a definition of gambling before i finished reading ur post but u went and did it for me thanks bro

Turban
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
hint: i'm not from the states.

Turban
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
hint #2: if this gets shut down by all the legal stuff, we'll handle it in a way or another. in other words, don't be a faggot.

Brentos
12-05-2011, 03:17 PM
ive read ur hints but im still not getting it?
are u suggesting that u will pervert the course of justice or that we should turn a blind eye to the criminal offending of tw staff?

Turban
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
rather, we should just try to have some fun instead of being a little whiny troll. i recall seeing you in game a few times, and every single time you're trying your hardest to troll someone like crazy.

how about we call this a "charity tournament" instead then, you'll donate some money to be eligible to participate. horray. just bored as hell, the first tournament went alright and i'm planning on doing more in the future -- probably has to wait for next year though.

Supreme
12-05-2011, 03:28 PM
This is a game with a small fairly closed community. Who's gonna report Turban. This isnt staff organizing this is Turban organizing.

I'd be the first to make fun of/or point out mistakes (etc.) but meh. Its actually a good idea to keep this up.

Furthermore im pretty sure the law is less strict in finland, if he was from USA it would be more risky, but lets not compare a 100 bucks-bet to a pokersite. One could even go as far as to say these are friends making a bet between friends.

Brentos
12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
5363. Prohibition on acceptance of any financial instrument for unlawful Internet gambling ''
No person engaged in the business of betting or wagering may knowingly accept, in connection with the participation of another person in unlawful Internet gambling— ''
(1) credit, or the proceeds of credit, extended to or on behalf of such other person (including credit extended through the use of a credit card);
''(2) an electronic fund transfer, or funds transmitted by or through a money transmitting business, or the proceeds of an electronic fund transfer or money transmitting service, from or on behalf of such other person;
''(3) any check, draft, or similar instrument which is drawn by or on behalf of such other person and is drawn on or payable at or through any financial institution; or
''(4) the proceeds of any other form of financial transaction, as the Secretary and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System may jointly prescribe by regulation, which involves a financial institution as a payor or financial intermediary on behalf of or for the benefit of such other person.

'' 5366. Criminal penalties ''
(a) IN GENERAL.—Any person who violates section 5363 shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both.
''(b) PERMANENT INJUNCTION.—Upon conviction of a person under this section, the court may enter a permanent injunction enjoining such person from placing, receiving, or otherwise making bets or wagers or sending, receiving, or inviting information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers.

5367. Circumventions prohibited ''
Notwithstanding section 5362(2), a financial transaction provider, or any interactive computer service or telecommunications service, may be liable under this subchapter if such person has actual knowledge and control of bets and wagers, and— ''(1) operates, manages, supervises, or directs an Internet website at which unlawful bets or wagers may be placed, received, or otherwise made, or at which unlawful bets or wagers are offered to be placed, received, or otherwise made; or
''(2) owns or controls, or is owned or controlled by, any person who operates, manages, supervises, or directs an Internet website at which unlawful bets or wagers may be placed, received, or otherwise made, or at which unlawful bets or wagers are offered to be placed, received, or otherwise made.''.
(b) TECHNICAL AND CONFORMING AMENDMENT.—The table of sections for chapter 53 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: ''SUBCHAPTER IV—PROHIBITION ON FUNDING OF UNLAWFUL INTERNET GAMBLING ''5361. Congressional findings and purpose. ''5362. Definitions. ''5363. Prohibition on acceptance of any financial instrument for unlawful Internet gambling. ''5364. Policies and procedures to identify and prevent restricted transactions. ''5365. Civil remedies. ''5366. Criminal penalties. ''5367. Circumventions prohibited.''. H. R. 4954—79

server and the people who run it are in the us aren't they?

Brentos
12-05-2011, 03:42 PM
nothing like a good morning troll

Miku19
12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
As far as I know, people donate to the trench wars charity fund and the money goes to those who need it the most.

Dabram
12-06-2011, 05:49 AM
First to be correct: Poker isnt gambling, it's a game of skill which has an element of chance in it (which makes it mathematically fun). I hate gambling because I don't trust on something dumb as luck (long run you'll always lose because % favours the house). I love games of skill, if you're better than ave, in the long run you'll win. You just have to find out on which level you're still better than ave.
And it's not about if poker is gambling or not, it's about the USA not getting any taxes out of it. The companies are mostly settled in the UK, and the players right now only pay rake to those companies. It's up to debate if poker winnings should be taxed as income / flat / gambling tax, but right now as it is you only pay rake which doesn't make sense indeed.
I see poker more as trading in stock, so you should only pay flat tax (here it's 1.2%). And if you do it just recreational and only make a small amount, it should be tax free (in holland it's 21k$). In the end in both cases you put your own money into it, and have a risk of losing (if you do it 'right' / 'skilfully' however you should make money in the long haul = you pay small amount of taxes). I'd argue those who earn a lot (100k/200k+ should pay more than the 1.2% however).

(right now in Holland the official law is that you have to declare your poker winnings each month and pay 33% taxes over it, however if you lose a few months (or don't play every month, which is my case) it's not like you're getting cash back from the gvment either. So almost nobody (except maybe those who play 10000+ tournaments a year) could do so while still being able to make profit from poker. In Sweden it's even weirder I think, you have to pay taxes over every $ you win, so if you're a cash game player even if you just win the blinds in one hand you would already have to pay taxes over it.. It's beyond ridiculous, because within hours you'll be up to 1000s of $ in debt.. I wish theyd have the same ridiculous laws for stock traders, who just like poker players aren't contributing anything to society but have the ability to seriously cripple the financial markets..)

Tl;dr
the day the US gvment / or any gvment notices theres money flowing around in this game they aint getting any of is quite far away, since for poker it took about 6 years of billions of dollars going back and forth between players before anything happened. here it would become maybe 1000$ a year, it'd probably cost them more $ to get any of it than theres to get..

Lock
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I'd have a lot of interest participating in any type of money tourny you put on Turban.
Just the mention of this sparked my interest to come back.

I think it's a great idea, and that was smart of Riverside and Engineers to donate half the winnings back into the prize funds. I've been wanting money deals since back in 2002 haha. I'm glad to see that someone finally has realized the potential of how it could bring a whole slew of interest to TW.

It's way easier to organize a simple 2v2 to practice as well. I always thought there should be a 2v2 league run the same way that twd is run. Tourny was getting sort of outdated and those boxes are way too fucking small for 2v2's. Overall I think this idea could spark some serious interest as long as people have an organized way to practice. Obviously no one new is going to play these tournys because they know they will get their asses kicked, plain and simple.

So ya, that's my input. Good shit Turban.

Brentos
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
its not unlicensed and taxable like i thought its actually illegal full stop like it says in the quotes from the law i put up. Thats why americans cant play cash games in pokerstars or anywhere else online because all the exchange of money happens online and thats wat that section 5363 is about. TW profiting from breaking the law, no better then the time trancetunes hit that guy on the head for 50 buks

Turban
12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I might try to arrange another tournament next year, as I currently don't have the time to host one until after New Year's eve.

I could look into working on a new tournament arena just for cash events with a specially made bot for it. I agree that the arena is pretty horrible for 2vs2 (small boxes main concern) but it was the best option available at that time.

Turban
12-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I was actually requested/asked not to host any more of these tournaments due to that troll post by someone specific, nonetheless, I would want to continue hosting these events time to time and will most likely make it happen -- even if that means that I have to leave staff, hah.

Brentos
12-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I was actually requested/asked not to host any more of these tournaments
you got told son :D Turban just got smanged irl so ez
bro the law is the law and u broke it, i was gonna wait for you to host another tournament and then report tw to the authorities so that way tw couldnt talk its way out of flaunting the law :D
oh well with tw staff full of dirty criminals ill get my chance to get atleast one of you imprisoned

the_paul
12-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Shut the fuck up already brentos. The day you have a positive contribution of any kind to the game is the day you're allowed to be a nuisance. Seeing as the only positive thing you could do for all of us would be to quit, we're in a catch 22 here. I guess your only option is in the first sentence: shut the fuck up.

Brentos
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Bro u sound mad? How mad bro? 1-10?
this was an epic fail from all staff u know paul, lucky brentos was here to bring to light filthy turban flaunting the law like he did
bro in society there are 2 kinds of things, legal things and illegal things. this was clearly illegal and you should all be ashamed
wat was stopping kids from gambling away all their money in tw tournaments and turning to a life of crime to support their addiction? not you thats for sure
god bless brentos

PH
12-10-2011, 01:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8YavS.gif

Downfall
12-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Brentos are you serious?

Is this more of "trying to do the right thing according to the law" or

"I'm a stubborn fuck who wants revenge on staff and doesnt care if everyone else has to suffer for it"

This is $5 tournies that were planning to happen rarely. Stop being overcritical you are not looking as "good" as you think you are, law boy.

And paul u quit tw or someshit? Havent seen u in weeks

Brentos
12-10-2011, 02:54 AM
law is the law, u do the crime u do the time bro
if im walking down the road and i see turban luring a 7yo boy into his white panel van am i supposed to say nothing?

"I'm a stubborn fuck who wants revenge on staff and doesnt care if everyone else has to suffer for it"

revenge for what?

Turban
12-10-2011, 05:05 AM
man, if only a lot of people aged 18 or below were playing this game. we'd be so active! :(

the_paul
12-10-2011, 10:54 AM
I thought we explained your options before brentos, and we came to the conclusion that shutting the fuck up was the best one. Get on it.

My motherboard took a shit and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed df.

Supreme
12-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, seriously, just ban the guy.

Brentos
12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
stop breaking the law and ill shut up :D

megaman89
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
stop breaking the law and ill shut up :D

Stfu you fucking homo, you must be perfect in person right? Are you some criminal justice major or just a straight up faggot? Next time you forget to use your turn signal or your mom forgets when she's driving you to the movies, kill her and then yourself.

Brentos
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
you sound mad bro
nah im a violent criminal doing a 9 month home detention sentence for wounding
so stfu :D

the_paul
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM
"for wounding" yep sounds legit

Turban
12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
i miss thee, paul my prince.

fLaReD
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
keep doing them a lawsuit could get us some publicity

the_paul
12-10-2011, 09:48 PM
ily turpin

Turban
12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
around what time in january would be the best for you guys, assuming it'd be around 3 to 5 PM again on Sunday? which weekend would be the best?

also, i may do both javelin and warbird tournaments this time, granted there's still enough interest of participating in a pay to enter tournament.

Tarriskat
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
i dont see why the other teams havn't pulled out yet, ease and byakko going win it, ease using skill and byakko using his classic lag:D

Turban
12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
well, ease didn't show for the first tournament thus we didn't win it, hah. riverside and engineers won the first money tournament and cashed in 90 dollars.

Brentos
12-12-2011, 01:05 AM
tw reported to authorities

the_paul
12-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Good, now when nothing happens do you agree to go back to being an obscure and quiet waste of oxygen?

mtine
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Turb, u should do it every second Sunday during TWL and the rest of the Sundays should be reserved for ECT events. That way, each 2nd week people can either win a lot of real money or a lot of pub bucks. Whichever suits them best. :)