Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Coordination Team: Future Plans

Hello.

Due to a recent promotion to the head of Event Coordination Team, which I will be co-leading with Diakka and Flared, I shall announce some of the future plans that we will be bringing to you guys in the near future. We have yet to get together and discuss in detail, but here's what I have in mind and stuff that will most likely be implemented to the game.

First and foremost, we will be reviving the Weekend Events (regular ones to begin with, we'll start doing the cash events once TWL regular season begins) as there hasn't been any Weekend Events in such a long time. Also, we'll be most likely be bringing back Warzone Wednesday, a project that pinkSTAR started quite a while ago but died off due to her promotion, but there's no ETA as of when those will start popping up again. Most likely it'll be after Decemember unless we really want to push it. It's not that high on my to-do list, thus it can wait a while despite the pressure pinkSTAR tried to put on me earlier.

Then on to other things that are worth mentioning. Attack tournament will start this Sunday and the plan is to end it in exactly 3 weeks, although due to LF postponing the whole tournament by one week, we may have to delay the Finals (which would be on December 25th) by a week to prevent it from being a huge flop or come up with a better solution if possible. Diakka is the one mainly in charge of this one as it's his baby, and I will try to assist him in any way possible (whether it's hosting, helping people to sign up) until this tournament is completely finished. We also reopened the signups for this tournament, so go ahead and sign up if you already haven't done so! You'll be added to a team and be eligible to play in every match for your team. We have yet to decide how long we'll keep the signups open, but it may very well be the case that it remains open just to make sure we'll have enough players in each team to prevent teams from failing to show enough players.

Flared, whom is the head of TWL once again, will be helping us as well. He's mainly in charge of league hosting, meaning he'll be adding a new staff position called League Referees and will be trying to hire and train as many of those as he can. Obviously, only players we can trust will be selected. He should be posting additional information about the soon-to-come League Referee position and other various information that I may not be aware of as of now.

And then I guess I could announce this: despite LF telling me to stop doing the money tournaments with a fee required to enter the tournament, I will still continue to do them on a regular basis most likely until someone else wants to take over. There's currently no ETA as of when the next tournament will be hosted, but I guess it should be sometime around January. We will be adding some extra money to the prize pool in the hope of attracting more players to sign up to the tournament -- a guaranteed prize pool one could say. Obviously, the more people that sign up will further boost up the prize pool.

We're also looking into the possibility of getting players to stream live videos on the new Trench Wars site that is coming soon among with hoping to get people to post high definition videos on video streaming sites such as YouTube. There may be some reward awaiting for those whom want to help and are willing to do it properly, but more information about that on a later date.

And as a personal goal for me, I would love to get Trench Wars Radio revived with quality hosts for TWL. I'll see if the new website could include a radio section with a simple online internet radio client.

I will be working closely with SSBR (24 / FieryFire / Diakka), meaning I will be helping them whenever they need help with something, whether it's advertising an event they're planning on having or anything else like that. Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning that FieryFire has returned. I haven't talked to him too much as of now, but it seems like he's here to stay and to get the whole SSBR thing revived once again.

If you have any further questions, suggestions or anything else, don't hesitate to ask me or Diakka. Personally, I'll gladly consider any idea that's a well-thought one and look into the possibility of making it true. I wish to work closely with the community and listen to their ideas and suggestion in order to make all of this work on an acceptable level.

I'll try to make a list of good events that are worth of having as weekend events plus include events that should be good for cash events (meaning everyone should have close to an equal chance of winning the event rather than having the same dominant players winning over and over again); naturally I won't include plain retarded events that no one enjoys playing.
    Last edited by Turban; 12-11-2011, 12:07 PM.

Should talk to me, Dral and other ERs, we have an idea for Sundays during TWL and been working on it for the past month.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Feel free to post your idea on this thread, wiibimbo. Unless it contains stuff you don't want the public to hear about, then simply leave me a ?message or try to PM me and hope to catch me online. Or you could just send an excessive forum private message that I will read at some point.

Comment

Much appreciated, turban. You can read about our ideas here: http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...gues-to-behold
        and here: http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...s-coming-to-TW, although the leagues will come in later, after TWL (prob February/March). So just concentrate on the Tournaments thread for now.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Really good read Turban. You have excellent written communication skills...

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

for a Finn*

Comment

Working...
            X