Screen Black out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Black out

Ocassionally my screen Blacks out then comes right back.... any Idea why this would be happening? The Monitor is new, this only happens while I play subspace.

slow video card?

Comment

Re: Screen Black out

Originally posted by NastyRabbit
      Ocassionally my screen Blacks out then comes right back.... any Idea why this would be happening? The Monitor is new, this only happens while I play subspace.
      This happens during gameplay or?
      This may sound silly, but monitors can go black and come back on a sec later if you change the resolution.
      That is perfectly normal, but I don't think that's what you're refering to.

Could give a litttle more info as to what type of monitor and vidcard you have. Also which dirver versions (for both).
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

This issue only happens when I am playing SubSpace, it has never happened in any other program. I have a 16MB VRAM Nvidia GeForce2 4X AGP video card. The System I have is a Sony Vaio PCV-RX370DS: 1.3GHz/ 128MB PC 800 RDRAM/ 60GB ATA Ultra 100/ 10/100 3COM 3C905C-TX-M Windows ME (I Know crappy) The monitor is a RIC 700 17". All The dirvers are updated and current... Like I said I am at a loss here...

Comment

it could simply be a defect monitor. do you have any other monitors? try hooking them up.
          PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
          pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
          hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
          Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Thanks for the help People, it was the monitor... apparently the No Name RIC monitors blow goats. Looks like I need to save up for that 23" Apple Studio Display and the convertor so I can play SubSpace!!

Thanks again...

Comment

You can get a '19 inch monitor for 200 dollars now.

I hate people who always need the best and the most out of everything.

Be happy with what you have before the government takes it.

Comment

Working...
              X