Problemo with video card and drivers for ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problemo with video card and drivers for ss

for some reason, whenever i update my NVidia drivers to their latest version, ss doesnt run properly and all i get is a flickering screen showing the ss game every 1/2 second. so i just keep my outdated drivers in but then my other games dont play as well. also for other computer, i cant seem to play anything except window mode. solutions?
    1:Power of Love> i bet you dont know swim moves his wohle body when he tries to dodge a bullet in the spaceship game
    1:Power of Love> LOL
    1:swim> dan.. that was a long time ago

W2k has a problem running in full screen in ss, sorry but I didn't bother to trouble shoot it I formatted and ran.

Make sure you are downloading and installing the right video drivers for your operating system. Try removing the device from the device manger and reboot then reinstalling it.

Comment

I have this same problem, I think. I get a severe FPS hit if I use the latest nVidia drivers.

For instance, running on my P3 667 at work (with a crap-ass Matrox G400 card), I get an average of about 50 FPS.

At home, running on a P4 2.6 (with a GeForce4 4600 Ti), I get an average of like 24 FPS, which is a big crock of bullness.

I heard there was some nVidia patch or something for Continuum. Is it urban legend, or does it actually exist?
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

This comes straight for Mr. Pasco. If your fps is higher than your refresh rate, you will experience shearing, which is where the top half of your screen goes through one frame while the other goes through another. Avoid page flipping may increase your fps to gigantic numbers, but your frames will skip around.

Comment

Working...
        X