Roster Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Limit

Can you make a rule to limit the TWD roster to 30 ppl? This would automatically make TWL squads comply with the rules. 30 member limit if more than enough for squads in dueling wb and jav, and basing. Putting a limit should also increase quality of teams since ppl that are cut will be forced to look elsewhere and improve their skills.

I agree there should be a roster limit to 30... right now the
    Liborators have 34 members.... and I think Saiyan has like 50-60..heh..

30 active going members in a squad should be sufficient.

By bringing in a limit, it will force the cut players to look elsewhere or even create new squads.

I think the best thing for TWD, is to have fewer squads with good active going members. This way competition will increase, instead of all good players lumped into 1-10 squads..

later...

Comment

There use to be a limit, what happend to it?? og lots of squads have over 30 and we should reduce it due to teh fact that people are never on or people just have 3 names and ask people to play for them...i know people that do that (Phatfarm) erm.. so yeh reduce it to 30

Comment

The Limit

The limit use to be like 40... :\
        dong burger

Comment

Concerning squads, I have come to some conclusions.

More people in squad isn't a good idea sometimes, since it can lead to many problems in both getting along with each other and squad performance.

I think it is best to have atleast 12 people that go on regularly, have good twdd skills, communicate well with other, not arrogant or egomaniacs, mature, having fun is their aim, and are smart about challenge decisions.

Like if you have tons of people and give A's just cause you think some person is cool or likes the same music as you or smokes bud.... not wise..heh... Cause you'll have a squad where people will challenge like best (or better) squads with whoever is online... in some cases not having their best present. Therefore, this usually leads to a defeat, and the l33t'er squad can then gloat as they win easily.

I think 30 members is more than adequate if you properly run a squad and recruit the right stuff..heh..

Unfortunately, in the real twdd scene many of these ideals rarely come true, there always seems to be some sort of problem with someone...heh..

Thanks to the properly run squads for this knowledge, as I observed your squads...and came to these conclusions.

Ohya one thing, Fiery Fire mentioned one thing to me before, "Never recruit the best.....". If you think about it, he has a point... sometimes the best are very cocky, arrogant, and selfish. Also, some l33ts think they are so cool, that they can use some other profile.... to play mind games with some newbert squad struggling to get it together... I call them posers or squad hoppers. I totally detest the likes of this kind, and they are far from elite.

The true elite are ones who don't think they are elite, their gameplay speaks for itself. Any so called elite ever utters the words EZ, is a total complete and utter lamer. Ok I did it sometimes when I first played, but now know better, its not cool.

later

Comment

Yea, I think a limit is good, depending on how active squad members are. 30 ACTIVE members are better than 60 INACTIVE ones. What can happen is that some ppl join a squad, then are very inactive. Then the caps look for more players to get more ppl online. If a squad has 30 active players, then it can get some matches in. A good squad policy is to cut inactive players (unless they have a good reason) and have a core 20-30 players that play a lot. Much better than having 60 ppl on your roster.

Comment

sometimes you have inactive or not real active people

theres no reason why they have to be on the TWD roster....

you can remove them to fit roster if needed....but they can still be on the squadname...just not active on the TWD roster

then if they get active you can remove someone else and put them in
              Last edited by Bosshawk; 07-05-2003, 03:46 PM.
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

WiseCherub will be the next Crome

Here's a finnish saying for you:
                Aja hiljaa sillalla.

Ara / AraGee / Death
                SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Actually, TWL squads can have 35 people on roster.

Comment

i'll say this as a twl squad leader. . .

squads aren't just around to win or be competative, they are around to have fun as well.

do you all think it is so necessary for a twd squad to be limited in the number of people it has that you would tear relationships made on that squad apart?

if people want to play, and if they are on a squad where there are so many people that they aren't guaranteed playing as much as they'd want, they will leave on their own. if they are there to have fun they are there to have fun and there is no problem with that.

sure twd is around to find replacement twl squads. but more importantly fellas, it is there for squads and players to learn, practice, and most importantly have a good time.

to further my crusade against a roster limit in twd, consider this. . .

i've just been informed through my black market staff connections that there are 3331 people registered for twd. for argument's sake, let's assume that none of them are double squadding (since we have amazing twd ops) and that all are active and wanting to play twd. 30 player max equals a minimum of 112 (more if squads have less than 30 members) squads that need to be active in twd. for every one of these squads you need at least one captain (more often 2 or 3). so now we are looking in the neighbourhood of 336 squad captains.

personally, i don't think there are 336 people in trench wars capable of doing a GOOD job at leading a twd squad.

a "good" job implying leading, keeping the squad stable, keeping it active, and also teaching. this is twd afterall, and i do think that squad captains have a certain obligation to help their members improve.

by forcing these active players into squads led by less than qualified captains just to fulfill a roster limit wouldn't be fair to them.

i would rather have 25 well-led squads of 60 than those same 25 of 30 and another 25 that are less than stable and led by people who would be better to learn a little more before trying.

further, what if there aren't captains for those extra 25. you aren't going to let people play twd because there is no squad for them?

no, that's not right. twd is here to have fun. let people have fun with it, don't try to throw in all these limitations, there is no point and they will just detract from the experience.

(end of essay)
                    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                    Philos> there is something about you
                    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

well said rand...

the game has to be about fun and relationships....

some people just dont get that.....
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Yes, of course it is about having fun, but you can't be foolish either.

You said that a squad should be properly run, exactly you don't hand out C's and A's to a pilot just because they are a good wb pilot... but must possess leadership qualities.

In my squad, I started it from scratch and have tough time attracting vetern players. So I have no choice but to train new pilots... but after time they will improve, and we will be good friends.. mutual respect.

Some squads get all their recruits from ELIM, this is not a good idea. Even though they may be good solo wb pilots, but can they team well? Do they have a good attitude?

I learned about this from a posting on Dragon Guard's webpage forum, talking about over-rated Squad's.

The post (not me) said this basically:

-War Angels is the most over-rated squad
                        -They get all their recruits from ELIM
                        -They have great potential, but lack team work tactics.

I then tested this theory out and watched a War Angels vs Solstice match.... yep Solstice teamed a little better... even though some the War Angels were excellent solo fighters.

Nothing personal to War Angels, just wanted to learn more about tactics in twdd.

*So Randedl, your saying if we have roster limits, then there would tons of squads... and there isn't enough squad captains.. so alot players would be hanging out on a limb.. no able to have fun and play.

-If there is fewer squads, then there will be less supply(squads available) and increaced demand (more pilots wanted to play).

^This would be good for the squad captains to find the best well rounded players and the competition would be tight.

But lets be frank here... I now think a roster limit is pointless, cause most squads have 30 or less anyways..heh...

later...

Comment

Randedl wins. End of discussion.

Note: War Angels is a pretty good basing squad, they should stick to that.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

i recruit alot of my players out of elim, and i train them into melee's system of play.

a person needs a certain degree of individual skill to be able to help their team.

and the team needs a degree of teamwork to win.

attitudes are one thing, playing styles are another, if somebody can both aim and dodge then it's just a case of teaching them how best to use their skills.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Working...
                            X