Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR suggestions about Cash Events!

Hello guys!
    The Event Coordination Team wants YOUR input and suggestions for the upcoming Cash Events on sundays.

Be creative, but you should not forget:
    - Only ONE can get the money, so events with multiple winners aren't always good.
    - We get about 80-100 people playing in the cash events, some arenas might be too small (creating new ones isn't a biggie).
    - You should also put the aspect of hiding / feeding / spechunting into consideration.

We will pick the best choices and will probably do a public poll about it!

If you think that you got a nice idea, please post it here! Thank you!

+----------------------------+ COLLECTED IDEAS +----------------------------+

- TOURNEY - obvious, 1v1 or 2v2.
    - FRWARS - Thinking of something tourney like... Have 2x FRWARS going on, the winners get to battle the winner, MVP gets cash?
    - RACING EVENTS - something like a tourny. best 10-20 get to race AGAIN.
    - DEATHMATCH - start with 2 teams, split winning team up, repeat until 1v1.
    - ENIGMA - top 20 advance to 2nd round, top 5-10 advance to 3rd and final round, winner of 3rd round gets money.
    - ANY ZOMBIE EVENT - LAST standing human gets $15, zombie with most human kills gets $10 (would need to /*shipreset every dying human)
    Last edited by fiS; 03-13-2012, 10:26 PM.

If we forget about the limitation about only one player getting the money, I think some zombies event would be cool. Split some prize money amongst all survivors (most likely there won't be any). Spechunting in zombies is totally part of the fun! Hiding is a part of the event! Feeding is nonexistent because people actually want to hunt the best players out.

I think some of the past events would have been good choices, except that the map didn't really work out. Teamkill would be good in some map that doesn't completely rape your eyes and has some predictable bomb damage radius (just basic jav bombs?). Jav dm would be good in a smaller map, smaller map means no hiding and running, since whenever you run you'll end up in somebody's lap. Golden gun would be good on a smaller map with more chances to vulch the gg.
    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
    3 league vet

Comment

I fully agree. But if there's 25 winners in zombies, because all the dead humans rage-spec after they become zombies (which actually is a big issue in EVERY zombie event, and not just a possible cash event)... They'll all get $1.
      I think one could do it "Last person alive wins" rather than regular zombies.

Yes, the maps... Big issue. Actually, just a couple door tiles to activate when less than 30 playing, less than 10 playing would solve this.

Here's what I came up with until now! Needs more thoughts tho, just to give it a start!

- BIGTURRET (would need to find 4 volunteer terrs tho, not a biggie imo?) - MVP get cash
      - TOURNEY - obvious, 1v1 or 2v2.
      - MINIBLIND - maybe? Didn't have wzls... Would need an arena with doors to limit area if only a few people left.
      - TWCITY - Last human standing gets cash - Spechunters?
      - FRWARS - Thinking of something tourney like... Have 2x FRWARS going on, the winners get to battle the winner, MVP gets cash?

Comment

Tourny for sure. That's where cash events first started, when PL decided to give $20 to the winners in ?go tourny one day. I think you should take it back to tourny again, I liked winning $$ in there
        sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
        1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Maybe we should also discuss RACING types events, like 1 big race. I think I know enough people who would be willing to create a long race track.

Comment

How about bomberman, increased arena though. Just add another layer around the old one and it should be good.
            (Children)>hunted for life
            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

RE: YOUR suggestions about Cash Events!

they're dumb

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Try to do a random winner game not based on skill some times. I don't have a suggestion for an arena, but something like ?go guess with a staffer as the shooter. If a random pubber wins a cash prize, hes more likely to tell friends he won money from this game, and through word of mouth it could bring more people in.
                Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

What about a huge enigma? Also a team deathmatch event with 2 teams to start with. Survivors on the winning team get split into two teams and so forth until we're left with a 1v1 duel for the money. This could be a spider deathmatch for example, with a map where the teams spawn on different sides, doors inside the base to limit the map once the amount of players goes down etc.

I'm not really that into the idea of having completely random events with money involved. I'd rather just spend the money outright on advertising, which would probably give more bang for the buck.

3 league vet

Comment

I like enigma. If you need it to last longer, maybe do 5 rounds, then winners of the 5 rounds go against each other in a final round to decide who gets the money. I suppose that gives people more opportunities to test their luck.
                    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Fis, easy way to fix zombies speccing is to offer 5-10 bucks for the zombie with the most human kills.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19 View Post
                        What about a huge enigma? Also a team deathmatch event with 2 teams to start with. Survivors on the winning team get split into two teams and so forth until we're left with a 1v1 duel for the money. This could be a spider deathmatch for example, with a map where the teams spawn on different sides, doors inside the base to limit the map once the amount of players goes down etc.

I'm not really that into the idea of having completely random events with money involved. I'd rather just spend the money outright on advertising, which would probably give more bang for the buck.
                        We should be able to do both Miku. Kthx has been working a flash developer who sympathizes with our situation (old dying game), who might be able to put up some advertisements for our game within his game(s) at a much lower cost than it normally would be.

Fis has been working an angle to get video streamers to play the game while their following "follows along".

There's 6 or 7 others that are working on something as well. I have the info at home, I'll put it up if the players participating don't mind.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

The random thing was a reply to Aura. I'm all up for cash events, I just wouldn't like them to be completely based on random. (a hint of random works, like in enigma)

I'm phren btw.

3 league vet

Comment

Well, the point of "random" means that a newbie has a chance to win it. It would be nice to have a few cash events that Turban doesn't win.

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Thank you for the feedback so far!
                              I'll look into it and see what we can do! Keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X