Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it so that you get NO points if the other team forfeits due to lack of players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make it so that you get NO points if the other team forfeits due to lack of players

This is complete shit. My squad (War Angels) is fighting hard to say in first place, but Burning Rose keeps getting basing matches that the other team doesn't show up for, so they get free points. Out of their last 4 games, for 3 of them, the other team didn't even show up.

PLEASE make it so that the other team still loses points, but the team that "wins" doesn't get ANY points. This is complete horse shit. The way it is now, if a team dropped out of TWLB, you could technically get into TWLB without playing a single game.
    sdg

Jun 04 win vs. Spastic
    Jun 04 win vs. Darkmetro
    Jun 04 win vs. Value
    Jun 04 win vs. Evolve

Evolve. Was a 5v5 match as they didn't have more on.We won in a fair battle
    Value. Squadless's just fucked up and accepts all challenges :/
    Darkmetro. They had 6 untill the very end of 7 mins. :/
    Spastic. We won in an unfair battle hehe. Wasnt a forfeit.

So 1st of all get ur facts straight, 2nd u shouldnt be speaking at all ex-Bohemian. Poor BossHawk had to set up forfeits cos u can't win otherwise? 3rd accept my goddamn challenges and if your the 1st TWBD squad u shouldnt have to refuse to play.

the other team didn't even show up.
    Thats bs they showed up but some of them had to go or ppl went afk. Maybe im just evil but i dont think we should remove all our players. Its would just be completly wasted time otherwise. Also dont tell me War Angels *bohemians* haven't won in a forfeit match. If the other team doesnt have ppl we just add 5 ppl and tell em to hurry up.
    Last edited by Copy!?!; 06-04-2003, 06:05 PM.
    MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Originally posted by Copy!?!
      Jun 04 win vs. Spastic
      Jun 04 win vs. Darkmetro
      Jun 04 win vs. Value
      Jun 04 win vs. Evolve

Evolve. Was a 5v5 match as they didn't have more on.We won in a fair battle
      Value. Squadless's just fucked up and accepts all challenges :/
      Darkmetro. They had 6 untill the very end of 7 mins. :/
      Spastic. We won in an unfair battle hehe. Wasnt a forfeit.
      Let's use the examples at the time I posted this, not hours later. These were 4 consecutive games.

http://www.twdivisions.org/body.php?...nMatchID=14885

You won a forfiet game.

http://www.twdivisions.org/body.php?...nMatchID=14881

You won a forfiet game.

http://www.twdivisions.org/body.php?...nMatchID=14857

This was a fair game.

http://www.twdivisions.org/body.php?...nMatchID=14741

You won a forfiet game.

So 1st of all get ur facts straight, 2nd u shouldnt be speaking at all ex-Bohemian. Poor BossHawk had to set up forfeits cos u can't win otherwise?
      He did it ONCE, and you don't fucking give me that shit. BOSSHAWK is the one that did it, and it doesn't involve anyone else.

3rd accept my goddamn challenges and if your the 1st TWBD squad u shouldnt have to refuse to play.
      Actually we've wanted to base you a lot, but since (I've heard) you live mostly in Finland, you guys are never on when we have all of our players on.

Thats bs they showed up but some of them had to go or ppl went afk. Maybe im just evil but i dont think we should remove all our players. Its would just be completly wasted time otherwise. Also dont tell me War Angels *bohemians* haven't won in a forfeit match. If the other team doesnt have ppl we just add 5 ppl and tell em to hurry up.
      Sure, we have won forfiet games before, but we didn't win 4 of them in a matter of a day or so, like you.

My post wasn't about any squad in particular. Would you not agree with me that getting points for free is stupid, and doesn't show any skill? Ask anyone on the squad, I was pissed off when a squad challenged us yesterday, and didn't show enough people after we accepted.
      Last edited by Stabwound; 06-04-2003, 07:31 PM.
      sdg

Comment

Can anyone think of a reason to give a team forfeit points in twd?

If not, then there shouldn't be any.

Comment

um, i think both of you try to get forfeit games. Don't give me its just them. I recently went into a twbd arena and heard a captain from a team that primarily does twdd games say we'll give u a free win twbd if u twdd us ( that goes out to war angels). As for burning rose , u can clearly see they are doing that by your post. They should really look at who u play and not just the ladder to determine who gets the twl spot.

Comment

Make one forfeit awarded for every 10 completed games
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
              Can anyone think of a reason to give a team forfeit points in twd?

If not, then there shouldn't be any.
              so that teams don't accept games when they don't have enough players and waste the other squads time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                so that teams don't accept games when they don't have enough players and waste the other squads time.
                Exactly. We would much better prefer to play them instead of forfeit. And if your trying to say we are trying to get forfeit matches thats bs.
                Maybe there should be a rule a squad can challenge/accept only when they have 5+ ppl in the arena. If its possible by the bot of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                  Unless you just docked the forfeiting team. I meant, any reason why the team benefiting from the forfeit deserves those points.

Comment

how about this?

on a forfeit, the winning squad doesn't gain any points. The losing squads will lose their rating points, maybe even multiplied by a factor

Comment

A few things need to happen for the next TWD

1. A forfeited match should not count for anyone whatsoever.....no points should be given for a forfeited match

then if it happens accidentaly, no big deal no one gets screwed because no one is gaining/losing points

2. once TWL starts, TWD should be reset, and still allow matches between TWL and TWD squads to promote improvement for the TWD squads and to provide squads for TWL to practice with or to work new players into their lineups but make the matches worth 0 points to either squad....
                      (if a professional team plays an exhibition match against a farm team does it count towards either teams standings?) no.... TWL and TWD are 2 separate leagues and their point structures should be completely separate except between TWL seasons)

3. a point degradation system needs to be installed where "X" number of points per day are lost as "decay" so to speak, so that if you are active, you wont lose anything....but if you are avoiding matches completely you will drop points

4. another aspect to help with top 3 or 4 or 5 squads (if its feasible, i dont know what myth could cook up or not) would be a couple of stipulations:

A: a deadline each week of say Thursday, where the top 2 squads book and play a scheduled match on a mutually agreed time on the weekend

B: the top "X" number of squads must play matches vs the top "x" number of squads.... or they are assessed a penalty
                      (basically saying that the first place team must play at least a couple matches against other squads in the top 3 ect

C: i know with time zone issues, its hard sometimes to have specific challenges between some squads...but if 2 top 5 squads are having an issue playing each other, then a forum could be there for an official challenge that would be negotiated (mabye similar to the TWL negotiations?) and be enforced that a match be played

Anyways....just some suggestions to hopefully improve an already awesome setup that our staff has done with the bots and the sites... but all systems need small tweaks now and again

it really has launched TW ahead of all other zones for providing intense competition for all levels of players...

i know i am sure appreciative of what went into setting this up and it has increased the skill level in TW as a whole

Last edited by Bosshawk; 06-05-2003, 10:59 AM.
                      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                        how about this?

on a forfeit, the winning squad doesn't gain any points. The losing squads will lose their rating points, maybe even multiplied by a factor
                        definitely a good idea myth
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                          how about this?

That is exactly what I was suggesting.
                          sdg

Comment

And what I then repeated because no one was listening to stab.

:/

Edit: Yes.

Comment

This would cause chaos. You could just challenge every1 in all arenas and show up for the one i like to play the most while other ppl wouldnt be able to play in other arenas.
                              Lets see we challenge squad ELITE but then realise they have good ppl so we just spec and we dont lose pts but instead waste their time...
                              If the other squad cant get organised and show up after their captain has accepted the match we deserve those 5 pts we get because we were ready to play and had to wait 7 mins for them ffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X