Saving a gif or a jpeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving a gif or a jpeg

Alright I cant save a jpeg or a gif when using IE. The only format I can save a picture with is a bitmap. Its the only format from the drop down menu. How can I fix it so I can save a picture in the jpeg or gif format?
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Renaming it might work. When it goes to save the file name "name" put "name.jpg".

Comment

It's a bug in IE. Upgrade your IE either through Windows Update or MS's downloads.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Your idea worked Kolar, thanks. But I'll keep searching the net for another way to resolve this problem. I already have the latest version of IE so that wasnt the problem. I only had this problem after i formated my computer too.
        ()_()
        (0.o)
        (")(")

Comment

You may have the newest version of IE, but maybe not patched. The default install of XP Pro/Home has the problem with it.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Also ive heard that deleting the temporary internetfiles helps with that problem.
            Greets,
            Roger

Comment

I had 1 gig of intenet files on one of my old computers a long time ago hehe. Do windows update like conc said, it will also give you some secuity updates that also could help if you do a lot of web browsing.
              Last edited by Kolar; 06-05-2003, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Well I looked and looked for the patch and I cant find it. I have all the windows updates also. If you guys know the link for the patch I would be very thankful.
                ()_()
                (0.o)
                (")(")

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q260650

Deleting your temp internet files is what I got from most searches.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
                    Also ive heard that deleting the temporary internetfiles helps with that problem.
                    That also helps deleting pron...
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Alright I got it to work. Thank you for the help .
                      ()_()
                      (0.o)
                      (")(")

Comment

Two words; use Irfanview

Comment

Originally posted by RudyH
                          Two words; use Irfanview
                          I can resize a boob so it fits in my banner! hogo eliteo
                          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

save it as a bitmap file

then open the file in a paint or graphics program
                            then use the "save as" in that program which should hopefully have some compression formats like gif or jpg

if you dont have a graphics program installed, then IE probably doesnt know how to use the format, so you need to go to a downloads site and download a graphics editing program
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Np . Irfanview is a very good image tool to use but this seems to be a problem with windows.
                              Last edited by Kolar; 06-06-2003, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X