Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Wind

hi guys!

diakka has retired from his position as the ECT head - thank you for the effort you have put in all that and trying to make the best for everyone.

i will now take his place and work along with pinkstar and f22 raptor.

when it comes to events, everyone has other types he prefers and not everything always fits, there is a lot to put into consideration to make it fair for everyone.

i will try my best to give you guys organized and themed event weekends (host-a-thons) and a new tournament for everyone to participate in before TWL start. also i will focus on involving the public: that means that we will be listening to YOUR ideas and suggestions, since it's you guys who are participating in the events. along with that, we will update this forum section frecuently with new ideas we have come up with to ask for suggestions or simply to update the people who are interested.
    additionally, i will try to host more to be an active ECT head who actually represents the events - i will do more than just the background work, - hurray!

since i just freshly got into that position, there still is a lot to discuss about all the details and how it will actually be running and how to implement those changes the best, but i will give you a rough overview (not complete) of the plans we're trying to get done.

we will change the "one weekend event" to an 1 hour (themed) hostathon. the purpose of this is mainly to gather a good crowd to have the pubbucks prized "real" weekend event with a lot of people to participate, since everyone enjoys events with a lot of people more than a horrible turnout.
    however, this requires a lot of effort and availiable hosts, so it might not always go smoothly - but here again, you guys can suggest your ideas and help us with that.
    here are a couple "themed hostathons" i came up with, just to give you the idea.

animals (squirrel, deerhunter, panda, duckhunt, nyan, fishies, fishtank, rabbit ...)
    food (pie, piebase, cookies, kfcbase, pumpkinbase...)
    ball games (astroball, spaceball, hockey, bounce, starcon...)
    fishies (prisonbreak, left4dead, (old)fishies, rocketeer(2), sprint...)

then, as i said above, we want to do a tournament. not sure yet what it will look like, but since TWL qualifications should start not long after that tournament is over, something to get the spirit of TWL should be great, which means that it will be a team-tournament and it should also involve new players as well as experienced players - everyone should participate.

i am thinking about a TWDT where (as LF did it with the attack tournament), the captains get to pick groups of 5, so everytime you pick a pro, you have a newbie too (the groups of course should be fair). however this way has its advantages and disadvantages we still need to work on.

alternatives to TWDT are a friend tourney, where about 5-10 friends (preferably not all from the same squad) get together to play some games, warbird, jav, spiders, whatever.
    more alternatives would be a bloodgulch/haloCTF league, just like in the old halo zone style.
    (the arenas can be found in ?go bloodgulch and ?go haloctf)

i appreciate a lot feedback on what you guys actually think about that and which kind of events or tournaments you would prefer.

thank you for reading, i'm looking forward to some nice events/tournaments!

Originally posted by Fis View Post
    hi guys!

since i just freshly got into that position,
    animals
    food
    U make me so hot

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what sorts of things you come up with, and pestering you with ideas
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Anyone else think of passing gas upon hearing "Fresh Wind" ?
            sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
            1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Working...
            X