PDA

View Full Version : tag team elim

banzi fuq
06-08-2003, 12:57 AM
2-3 people can join a "team", and everytime one of them plays it goes towards their team. you could also sub halfway through an elim if you'd like. or perhaps just go off of TWD rosters to make it easier..but add twists to the rating formula so that there isnt rampant teaming..say give extra for killing teamates..but something that harms you if all you do is kill teamates...?

hey i dunno..just throwing an idea out there..we dont need another elim..or another league system right now..build on it if you'd like.

Kim
06-08-2003, 01:10 AM
i see this happening if u made wb bullets do about 1/10th damage, and your ship doesn't regenerate. I'm thinking WWF: Wrestlemania atm. Think about it, you're dying, u tag your partner, but there is no conflict involved with running away because of this "hp" system. So basically u tag off to cool down a bit, while your partner takes some shots.

banzi fuq
06-08-2003, 01:49 AM
different than my concept yet perhaps too close to a normal 2v2 scenario..

I can also see a royal rumble happening w/ spiders (maybe?)

adam
06-10-2003, 01:04 PM
We have that 1/10th damage going on in ?GO HITMATCH if you want to check it out

The sole purpose behind elimination is last person standing wins. Teaming could be fun, and, when elim was in one arena, I used to host team matches all the time. Problem is, no one but the sysops have control over Robo_ref.. So I pretty much can't do anything special in that arena.

But, in elim, on the other hand, I could perhaps host a team event. Prob is, I'm not sure if the bot will allow it. Dunno, maybe ill go test that right now hehe. See if he allows a team match..

Will update you :p

Sleepy Weasel
06-13-2003, 02:23 AM
I think royal rumble should be an event that's hosted like ufc is. start randomly with 2 guys and then just keep adding a new guy randomly every 30 seconds or minute or whatever.

I like a tag-team idea for some new event. Someone should figure out a way to implement this that would be fun.

I don't really know about the team rating elim idea. If the team really cared about their rating they'd just have the best guy on the team always play. But it does sound like a fun idea if something could be figured out. I like playing with teams and maybe guys that aren't on my squad that I normally don't get to play with.

HitMatch was sucky because of the full charge and energy drain greens and because thrusting wasted energy which you couldn't get back. I guess there is no fix to that thrust problem though.

Mayo Inc.
06-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
I think royal rumble should be an event that's hosted like ufc is. start randomly with 2 guys and then just keep adding a new guy randomly every 30 seconds or minute or whatever.

This would be a fun weekend event, a huge WB royal rumble. Get hundreds of people to show up a la WW3. Only weird thing I can think of is, would there be a way to keep randomly putting people in making the game go on forver? So people just keep coming in and getting put in? That would suck, so make everyone like register with the bot that theyre playing.