PC stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC stalling

Yet another problem involving my computer...

I switched to a new computer about a year ago. I upgraded from a Pentium 3 800mhz to a Pentium 4 2.0ghz. 256mb of ddram and 60 gb harddrive. Ever since I have upgraded, I've noticed that this new computer seems slower than my old computer. When I do anything, my computer likes to take short breaks once and a while by stalling for 5 seconds, beeping, then working normally. If anyone knows why this is happening, please help me out.

Do a few test like adaware, virus test and have a look inside the case to see if any cables are lose. Scan disk your hard drive/s and maybe do a memory test. If you can't find anything wrong take it to a professional or format your computer. Theres so many things that can cause the problem that I can't give you specific instructions on how to fix your computer. You just have to trouble shoot it and maybe figure a few things out for your self .

Comment

ya i kinda have that same prob on my 1.2ghz 256mb comp

Comment

Imo, anything over 1.2 ghz is overkill. You shouldn't need that fast of a processor speed unless you're running a million things at once, and I never do.

Kolar pretty much got this, try some software tests first. You can also check out the system resources in terms of memory use by going

Start -> Programs -> Acessories -> System Tools -> Resource Meter

If all else fails, I'd take it to a professional or format it last.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
        X