Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Analysis

DISCLAIMERS:
    I typed this up at work without the benefit of the twd or twl website and therefor going off of memory only. I was not active for TWL last season so I probably missed a bunch of players performing greater than I project them below. Also due to this I cannot tell any of the newer EG guys apart so excuse my ignorance there. Lastly, I have no clue what the rules are offhand. I know newbies get to play but do not know the exact rules for this, so these projections are based purely on what I thought the top line was (not who will actually play). Furthermore, don’t get your panties in a bunch if I don’t list you as starting… For most lineups I read down the team in order of how they were picked until I had a starting lineup. If you’re not listed here and think you’re better than the people I have listed, chances are you’ll get your chance to play due to no-shows and will be a steal of the draft. That being said, let’s go with my random thoughts/feelings on the draft:

Team - Zidane
    WBS:
    Mythril, raazi, bon, beam, welt
    JAVS:
    Zidane, Kim, Torcher, Hunt, Maybe Exit
    BASE:
    Terr – Diakka
    Sharks – Zidane, Mythril
    Spiders – Shayde, Squallff8, Omega Red, Dutch Baser, non-impact last spider

Strengths: Elite warbird lineup and good, complete jav team (5 twld/twlj starter quality players in each). Solid terr/sharks. Top end spider to carry spider line. Some javs can double as wbs if top line doesn’t show.

Weaknesses: back end of spider line. No viable backup terrier unless mythril turns back the clock to his Pallies days.

Overall assessment: Probably the most complete team coming out of the draft. Capable of competing in all 3 leagues.

Team – Kate Upton
    WBS:
    Baserman89x, Trasher, LF, Zeebu, K A N E
    JAVS:
    Stayon, Children, Paradise, Schope, Tmac
    BASE:
    Terr – Hydride
    Sharks – LF, ???
    Spiders – Stayon, Kate Upton, Trasher, Schope, Zeebu

Strengths: Elite top 3 javs. LF/Trasher/Zeebu underrated wbs who won’t single-handedly lose a game. Elite Spider line.

Weaknesses: Don’t know who’s sharking with LF. Back end of the jav lineup will be dicey. Warbirds will be solid but Baserman will have a 3-10 performance occasionally and the other 3 I mentioned earlier who won’t lose you the game also won’t single-handedly win you a game.

Overall Assessment: Top Heavy team that will compete for the jav and base title despite their lack of second shark. I still can’t tell apart most of the EG players due to my own inactivity level so they may have a second shark I do not know of.

Team – Skatarius
    WBS:
    a2m, murder, tripin, sir spider, vue
    JAVS:
    Kess, evildeed, rendered, aprix, skatarius (with a2m complaining about being benched until he's subbed in for being annoying)
    BASE:
    Terr – Skatarius
    Sharks – a2m, dwopple
    Spiders – kess, superstarprokiller, bacon, evul, bellflowers

Strengths: Jav depth (5 to 6 twlj starting caliber javs). Best shark duo in league (/ego). Dwopple and myself should be able to push around some of the weaker shark tandems in the league.

Weaknesses: Spider Depth. WB Depth.

Overall Assessment: Capable of winning jav/base. Middle of the pack (which equals playoff quality in this league) in wbs.

Team – Ease
    WBS:
    Ease, Best, Obi, Jessup, byakko
    JAVS:
    Ease, byakko, M_M God, Tsunami, Vehicle
    BASE:
    Terr – Vehicle
    Sharks – McVicar, Downfall
    Spiders – Ease, Byakko, sarger, M_M God, Undercut

Strengths: Having Ease. Probably the second best spider line in the league.

Weaknesses: Terrier. Back end of wb lineup.

Overall Assessment: Any squad with Ease will compete in all 3 leagues regardless of the players surrounding him. That being said, I can see them struggling in the playoffs in all 3 leagues. They also have a hole at terrier and will have to be creative to fill it.

Team – Infrared
    WBS:
    Ricko, Ardour, Siaxis, Paky Dude, Amputate
    JAVS:
    Infrared, Amputate, Zizzo, Singer, Shadowmere
    BASE:
    Terr – Pressure
    Sharks – Zizzo, Singer
    Spiders – Infrared, Renzi, Sprained, Biet, non impact last spiders

Strengths: Five TWLJ quality starting javs. Thix is riding the momentum of his best twlb season in terrier. Five TWLD quality starting wbs. Ricko can carry a team.

Weaknesses: The guys they’ll probably have to start in shark are stronger in other ships.

Overall Assessment: I don’t know what to think of this team. They’ll probably struggle in base despite having good basers. They’ll win a decent amount in javs but the more I do these assessments I feel like a broken record saying everyone will compete in this league. They are a better than average warbird team and could be good enough to compete if they use amp as their fifth and the middle 3 play up to their potential (big ifs).

Team – Dreamwin
    WBS:
    Burnt, Mattey, Jack, Dezmond, Quince
    JAVS:
    Dreamwin, Flared, Maketso, John Juan, Major Crisis
    BASE:
    Terr – Flared
    Sharks – Mattey, nokkonen
    Spiders – Dreamwin, wbm, sphinx, Major Crisis, Jack

Strengths: Diversity of their basers. Most of their players can fill in at another ship if someone doesn’t show. They also have some jav depth.

Weaknesses: Warbirds. I believe in quince in wb/jav but I don’t know how much playing time he’ll get. I had to put mattey in the wb lineup and he hasn’t played the ship in years.

Overall Assessment: Under average wbs. Average jav lineup despite their depth. Above average base lineup.

Team – Hulk
    WBS:
    Apok, Racka, Weak, qpr, Kid Kaos
    JAVS:
    Hulk, Rough, Apok, 24, Kira_Yamato
    BASE:
    Terr – Heaven
    Sharks – Hulk, Oder
    Spiders – rough, Thug Waffle, overheat, hockeydude, non impact last spider

Strengths: In my opinion the best wb lineup in the league (I’d take this one over zidane’s but its definitely debatable). Also competing for best jav lineup in the league.

Weaknesses: Base.

Overall Assessment: I don’t know if it was his strategy going into the draft, but hulk ended up hurting his base prospects to strengthen his jav/wb lineups. Probably the favorite to win the warbird league. Capable of winning the Jav League. No chance in base.

Team – Claushouse
    WBS:
    Casket, Rasaq, Geio, Lockdown, misled
    JAVS:
    Mikkiz, mean gene, eelam, marge, euphoria
    BASE:
    Terr – Mikkiz
    Sharks – cranium, eelam
    Spiders – claushouse, marge, nl>trigger, spiderhate, tj hazuki

Strengths: Surprise, surprise, another team with jav depth! They also have one of the best terriers in the league who will do magic tricks to carry a team. Strong spider line with solid backups. Cranium’s also legit.

Weaknesses: They do have 5 wbs in their wb lineup which is more than most teams can say, but I can’t help but feel that 3 of them will not be on top of their game due to not playing for years. I can’t honestly assess how well they’ll do there.

Overall Assessment: Middle of the pack warbird and jav lineup (which again means playoff bound). Real contender in base.

Overall assessment of league: Where have all the warbirds gone??? Seems like every team has depth in javs due to basers taking up the ship and actually performing well. Probably 4-5 teams capable of winning javs and base. Probably only 2-3 capable of winning warbirds.
    What do you guys think? Pick apart my rankings or do some of your own. This is the stuff that makes me interested/motivates me to play. Without it I lose interest and disappear for months at a time (see most other draft tournaments we’ve had). Hopefully someone more entertaining/active will fill in the holes and do one of these as well.
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

ty for attempting to breathe life into this putrid season of twdt
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Didn't know a2m so knowledgeable, guy should do ratings

Comment

good analysis, thanks for writing it up, a2m.

the only thing i would mention is that you didn't factor in the mandatory 5*s that we have to play in every league.

For example: Ease has Best in spider, one of the top 5-star spiders, Steep is a really good one, and I have Rasaq at 5-star in spid which is solid. A lot of 5-star players in particular leagues were picked up early. I think Zizzo is a 5 in jav, as are a few others.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

I have a similar problem with aliases, so excuse me if im missing something obvious.
          How much will unity affect some of the strength in these lineups? Obviously, there are players that will do well no matter who is beside them, but for some players, sharks in particular, it helps a lot to have a friend covering the other 5 seconds. I believe this goes for other ships too (dont wbs team up or something?) Anyways, in the interest of promoting discussion, does anyone see a team that may be stronger/more fragile because of past playing together? As you pointed out, a2m, you and dwopple should easily handle any other sharking pair? wont this be doubly true if the other team is at least partially divided?
          Also, what about activity? I hate to be the one to mention it, but its the same issue every league, every year. Are any of these teams looking weaker because their core players tend to be inactive?

All speculation, and trying to promote some hype. Of course, only time will tell how interesting of a season this will be! And thanks a2m for writing this up!

Comment

Average jav lineup despite their depth.
            Winning TWDT-J at least. U heard first here.

maketso,NowYouDie,dreamwin,flared,Burnt(5*jav) lineup aint gonna lose a game. + got WBM/Sphinx as backup
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

where were you when i needed ratings done
              3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

am this star jaf...that is all!
                sigpic

Comment

Can I still signup and if so will it be 4-4-4
                  (Children)>hunted for life
                  (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                  :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Kate wins base. You could add pubnewbie1290 in shark at this point, and they still wud be victirs . LF and Schope is top shark line there tho imo.

Comment

You forgot to mention that whoever picks me up wins the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        good analysis, thanks for writing it up, a2m.

the only thing i would mention is that you didn't factor in the mandatory 5*s that we have to play in every league.

For example: Ease has Best in spider, one of the top 5-star spiders, Steep is a really good one, and I have Rasaq at 5-star in spid which is solid. A lot of 5-star players in particular leagues were picked up early. I think Zizzo is a 5 in jav, as are a few others.
                        Am a 6 in Jav and won twdt-j last season, leavin me out and shiz a2m! :P
                        TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                        TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                        TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Last edited by TABARNAK!!!; 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM.
                          4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
                          (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

JK
                            Youre an 8 jav at least
                            4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
                            (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

don't even remember that game let alone that day son, but be more proud fgt LOL
                              TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                              TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                              TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X