Banner Mode in name tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner Mode in name tags

(I don't know where input to improvement of the game goes to so I believe I do the best thing posting it here.)

I wonder if there are plans to make a Continuum .39 and I don't know if I will be still around by the time it gets there either.

For some reason I believe it would be very cool to get a mode in name tags (You know the Escape F3 thing) where you get to show the banner only. As far as I know this isn't possible yet.

Most squads don't care about banners but some squads stick to their banner. I think it would be a nice option to have only banners beside the names. You don't have the annoying names all over your screen and you don't need radar all the time (if I play without name tags I normally have to wait for people to attack me before I notice they are enemies)

That was my input, don't flame it because I think it is a cool thing.
    You ate some priest porridge

Wtf? You play without name tags? I'll copy this into the TWDev forum for you.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Although on top of that, I would like a "do not display banner" idea. That way, people can wear their nazi banners, etc.. and everyone has the option of turning banners on and off. (on f2 menu, in ship, all that good stuff)

Plus, since banners are saved server side, you should get the option of "taking" a persons banner. Like, not only do you get all the banners in continuum/banners, but you should also have an option of saving that persons banner for use. Would get rid of having to print screen/chop, not to mention making it easier for squads to pass around squadbanners hehe.

But.. I dunno about the banner only ship thingy. That could come in use.. although the name tags usually dont bother me. I just personally think they should be put into a lastfame style thing. So other ships, walls, all that, are "above" the nametag. Its annoying when a group of people crowd over someone, totally hiding that person from view. Maybe they can just implement ship tints. Like, ships on your team have a yellow outline/tint, and blue for the enemies. Dunno
      Volcs> !sex
      Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
      Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
      Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
      Volcs> !sex on
      Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

Better idea: Dont wear Nazi banners
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by adam
          That way, people can wear their nazi banners, etc...
          I think that wearing those intimidating and provocating banners still should be forbidden...It's not the sigh itself , it's just the thoughts behind it...
          Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-16-2003, 05:34 PM.
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Jason be right.
            Last edited by Zeb Sent; 06-11-2003, 07:37 PM.

Comment

How about we don't turn this thread, which happens to have a bit of substance thanks to Zerzera, into yet another flamed filled Nazi debate. I like the idea Zerz.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

True, I agree.

Btw Zer I really don't get how you can play with nametags off, I hardly notice the ships that way =/

Comment

how about something that displays something next to the ship which is smaller and is either yellow or blue

i know i didn't pitch the idea really well, i should think about it more..but w/e
                  Ну вот...

Comment

Meanwhile I believe (not sure) I could turn the yellow font bm2 into one big black. But then I can't read anything yellow anymore.

Comment

i wouldnt mind being able to turn off tags to clear the clutter. but there needs to be a way to identify enemies. they should be outlined with blue for nme and outlined yellow for freqmate
                      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I'm not sure what you meant PV so I might be repeating, but what I see as an option is the ship surrounded by a layer of colour, either blue or yellow.

Comment

I'll just use your squad banner so u dont shoot me :P

-RR

Comment

Yes I thought about that. Before this is will be ever put this use I am probably old and grey anyway, but I couldn't help thinking about everything around it.
                            You might wanna force a uniform banner to a squad in leagues, but that doesn't help you at other moments.
                            So the banner thing would be only a nice addition for 'perfect' situations. The banner is kinda ment to show to what squad you belong imo, but it's not something you force upon other players.

So besides the banner tag:
                            It would also be nice if there would be something like teamships.bm2 and enemyships.bm2. So that you could make teamships recognisable. Altough that is kinda heavy.
                            Last edited by Zerzera; 06-12-2003, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Blue and yellow tints would look cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X