TWDT 2013 Rules Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 2013 Rules Update

A few things of note here since the TWDT site still hasn't been fully updated for this years TWDT.

- The overall star cap per team is 425 not 450 like the rules state. The 450 was set before ratings/drafts were done and was bound to be updated.
    - The team roster minimum is 26. This number includes your captain.
    - You get 2 free drops of playing 12 stars and under. Players dropped over 12 stars and any player dropped under 12 stars after your 2 free drops have been used will always result in a penalty. The drop penalty will be the 1/3 of the players rating removed from your overall star cap.
    - The minimum bid on a player will be 9 stars not 3 which was previously stated in the rules. I'm going to allow bidding to run until friday at 12pm EST to account for the rule change happening so late into the week.
    - Captains must add a 5 star player into ALL 3 LEAGUES per week not just 1.

Side Note: Captains please check your bids on the TWDT site and update them accordingly. Also if you dropped players because you weren't aware of the rules please contact me ASAP in game so we can correct the situation. Since it is only preseason captains should have more than enough time to fix their rosters before the actual season starts and punishments will be handed out.
    3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

You gotta be fucking kidding me with these rules updates. You can't change the rules after draft. Let's say I imagine I have cap of 450 and when I've already bid on players and made some critical decisions you lower it.

I told you 2-3 prior draft that CHANGE THE RULES NOW and NOT AFTER DRAFT. And now you come up with this. Such ......................................... Losing my motivation to even cap this.

But of course, you got your pandora chat where most of the captains are. I heard many things about DT such as draft order and stuff been announced there much earlier than it was to public.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

tw doesnt have enough plays to support that many teams of 26, most wont show up, sure, but thats still retarded to make caps fill their roosters with dead spots.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

youshould also be able to free drop someone who's 10-day'd. after discussion with the person running the league of course

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

also, am i just stupid or does it not say anywhere about a per-game star cap? is there one?

Comment

This has nothing to do with anything but

I dont see why you need to leave some players who signed up out of this league because they didnt fit in 26 ppl roster.
            Could it be possible to random the waivers into teams after this drafting n bidding shit is done ?

Comment

do it like eg does, free agency happens in the order you signed up. everyone gets on a team eventually.

Comment

but there are probably a ton of people that signed up and didnt get drafted

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  but there are probably a ton of people that signed up and didnt get drafted

Yeah, there's a lot of us that wont get in, but still only half the people will end up showing up for any given weekend.
                  I don't mind so much right now, I won't be around to play for this weekend or the next two, but being one of the first to sign up and not even get put on a team kinda sucks. Everyone who DID sign up in time should be put on rosters (randomly after the draft), then give caps till end of pre-season to get under roster limit (or maybe an extra week).
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Or, if (by some divine intervention) there actually ARE 156 players that actively show up in addition to people not on teams yet, then add teams. Don't bother giving a R1 loss, all the top tier players got drafted. This league doesnt even really mean anything, so who gives a fuck if the misfit team loses cause they got all ****/***** players? I'd personally rather just get to play at that point.

TWL (A league that actually means something) this season was open for all... Don't close off TWDT (A league that doesnt actually mean anything truthfully) to people that WANT to play.

Another joke, Teams rosters are almost all full, and they are nowhere near 400* even (except thunder at 399), the 450/425 cap is a laughable joke, it should be 350, let non-twl players have a shot (ITS WHAT THIS LEAGUE IS MEANT FOR) instead of this being TWL post-season
                    Last edited by Shaddowknight; 06-06-2013, 11:14 AM.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

uh, now it matters quite a bit more as to whether there is a * limit per round. my cap apparently just bid 61 on mm89.

Comment

if there turns out to be a lineup cap, set the max at 30. that would be a 10/10/10 player.

Comment

61? I am a 3 figure player minimum.
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                          1:waven> is if im going to prison
                          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                            61? I am a 3 figure player minimum.
                            You take up almsot half the roster cap's stars and yet you are still useless in w/e ship you play. Oh, and your cap is dumb as Antifakker.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                            X