• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti in spawn

???

1) Why are staffers taking help calls about themselves

2) Why did WingZero ban me for antiwarping in spawn when it is not illegal

Can you please remove this abusive dipshit? The pub game is pretty much ruined with people spamming all their money away anyway.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Hey, Izor.

1.) Staffers should not be taking calls about themselves, so I will talk to the staffer about that.

2.) Using antiwarp for the sole purpose of not permitting players to attach to their terrs (on public freqs, etc.) when they are clearly basing or wanting to base is a disruption to the game. I really don't know how you could justify that as being within rules.

Lots of love,

Left_Eye
    sigpic

Comment

Then using antiwarp in base is a disruption of the game. And so are LTs.

Using antiwarp in the spawn area increases the time it takes the enemy to attach to their terr. Nothing wrong with that.

We don't want love from mods, we want competence.

We shall be greatly disappointed.

Comment

Being a staff member and a former bang op im entirely puzzled how you expect me to punish a player for using an item that we allow them to use in the first place.
        5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
        1:Cig <er>> ROFL
        1:fiS> LOL
        1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Oh and also this is just my personal opinion here but if you dont want them to use an item the way they want remove it from the bot rather then make some reach around bullshit with rule #13.
          5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
          1:Cig <er>> ROFL
          1:fiS> LOL
          1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

If players are gonna duel and fight in spawn, antiwarp in there should be fine. I don't recall that ever actually being illegal in TW. If it shall be made illegal, that is something worth having it's own rule for (like other zones do) instead of using the Game Disruption rule. It need to be CLEARLY spelled out. Other zones have shit in the bg of spawn about it, and EG even has a bot that auto-warns you for enabling it in spawn area.

#freeIzor
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Antiwarp in spawn is fine if you are using it for legitimate purposes, such as chasing a leviterr, etc. However, if the player is going to sit on a private freq and sit in spawn while not shooting anyone, but more defending himself as he's being chased for having antiwarp in the first place, then no. That is purely game disruption. Considering he was even warned for it and continued to do it after, he was put on notice and could have been respectful enough to fight it a different way. This is not a "reach around" for Rule #13.

If you want to make another solution by having the bot work a certain way, then take that up with KrynetiX. I'm not convinced at all by anyone's arguments.

Appeal denied and thread closed.
              Last edited by Left_Eye; 10-09-2013, 11:31 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X