=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =(

Ok.. i reformatted my hard drive today for more space (deleted everything) reinstalled continuum, got my banners and everything and rite now im on Ntl Broadband and before i did the reformat my lag was ok i had no jumping, no lagging about 90 ms - 110 ms and after the reformat I jump like crazy and get specced for c2s so the more space i have the more lagier i am the less space i have the less lagier i am Any help?

Btw i have things running in the back ground and i have turned roll off and adjusted my monitor settings and hasnt changed a bit

System specs?
    Did you upgrade your OS after the reformat?
    Did you install the latest drivers for your video card?
    Are you trying to run Continuum in 32bit color? (I know this causes troubles for many people and can easily be solved by switching to 8bit.)

Once you get back to me, I'll see what I can do for you. It sounds like the problem is more related to your local machine (a hardware/software issue) than your network connection.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Upgrade Os? my os is windows 98 and im using 32 bit, i dont have a 8 bit? How do i install the latest drivers for my video card?
      and how do i upgrade my os?

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey
        Upgrade Os? my os is windows 98 and im using 32 bit, i dont have a 8 bit? How do i install the latest drivers for my video card?
        and how do i upgrade my os?
        1. When he said upgrade OS, he means if you installed a newer OS over your current one (ie installing windows 98, then upgrading it 2000/xp). To upgrade your OS you need to have the cd of the other OS you want..I doubt you need to do this at all to fix this problem.

2. When he said 32 bit, he is referring to the colour depth that you are viewing it as. In continuum, you can change the colour depth by pressing control + o, then on graphics and change the depth to 8. This might help.

3. To change your drivers, go to the website of the manufacturer of your video card and dowloading the latest one for your model.

Hope that helps

Comment

Im using 8 bit,
          How do i find out what video card im using :/
          I'm a computer newbie u see

Comment

• right click on desktop
            • go to properties
            • click on settings tab
            • click advanced button
            • look at tabs across top of window, one should be the name of your vid card
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

SiS 630 ?? is that a vid card :/

Comment

Goto start, run and type in dxdiag, then goto display. It will also show your operating system verison, system memory in the system tab.

Comment

Yeah, that's a vid card, one that could easily choke on Continuum depending on the rest of your system specs. Do what Kolar said and tell me what speed your processor is running at and how much RAM you have.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

operating system: Microsoft windows 98 (4.10, build 2222) A
                    memory: 56mb RAM
                    Processor: VIA Samuel, MMX, 3DNow, 533MHz

Hmm?

Comment

I downloaded a new driver for my vid card SiS 630 and i dont know where to put it?

Comment

If its an .exe ent open it and install the software. If its an inf or something else you have to do it through the device manger.

Open the device manger by right clicking on my computer, open properties. Click on the hardware tab and goto device manger. Side click on your display adapter tab and right click on it. Go to properties, the driver tab and update driver.

Before you do all this put the files you downloaded into a new folder on your C: drive.

Install from a specific location and choose the folder you put all the files into. If it doesn't pick it up then its not the right driver for your device.

Comment

no difference installed the latest driver...?

Comment

Try installing DirectX
                            Last edited by Copy!?!; 06-22-2003, 11:04 AM.
                            MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Originally posted by Mobey
                              no difference installed the latest driver...?
                              No difference in your connection speed? Your display configurations do not have much effect on your C2S S2C packets (LAG).

Comment

Working...
                              X