Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEEK 3 PUSHED BACK TO JULY 20 (World Cup Finals next Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEK 3 PUSHED BACK TO JULY 20 (World Cup Finals next Sunday)

The WORLD CUP Finals are Sunday, July 13th at 3pm EST, basically right in the heart of the TWDT schedule.

Update: Captains have voted to push WEEK 3 to Sunday July 20th, 2014

NO TWDT next week.
    Last edited by ogron; 07-06-2014, 10:21 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Would rather do saturday than skip a week, as my opinion.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

6pm will be getting on fairly late for some euros (considering there are 3 leagues to be played), plus some people will be celebrating well after the match has finished so it would probably be best to postpone a week.
      killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Hmm, I think the sunday for the final should be skipped as you suggested.

Comment

Yes, playing Saturday 12th could be a viable alternative so long as players are given plenty of notice and reminders.
          killing newbs since 2002

Comment

there's only two options: saturday games or skip the weekend. i would prefer to have the games played on a saturday to not further delay the next TWL season and the draft tournament is meant to be mostly for fun. there's a chance that a lot of players would get to play instead of benching as not all of the starters would be able to show up resulting in more interesting matches and more play time for new(ish) players as well.

Comment

Assuming the trend of comments continues in the same direction, let's get ahead of this thing and just have it on Saturday at 3pm EST for the following reasons:

1) TWL is right on the heels of TWDT and we don't want to delay it
              2) 6pm EST on Sunday is too late for Euros
              3) Skipping a week always kills a league's momentum

We'll schedule SATURDAY JULY 12, 2014 AT 3PM EST to avoid the World Cup Final for now. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: If attendance on the Saturday is really poor, I will mandate that base be 7v7 or 6v6 so it remains viable and reduce # of needed 5/6 stars from 3 to 2. Hopefully we can get 8v8.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
              X