TWDT-J Appeal: Kamikaze vs. Sour Milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT-J Appeal: Kamikaze vs. Sour Milk

Stayon (Kamikaze) is appealing their loss in TWDT-J to Sour Milk (Cranium/Diakka) in Week 5. Sour Milk asked for a 5-star, but no one had any in twdt caps chat, and none volunteered in pub. I changed on of their 6-stars (Rab) to a 5-star to make a legal line at the last second, informing host BWP of the change.

Rab went 3-4.

Stayon was under the impression they had an illegal line, and benched himself for Beng (2-6), and according to him when he asked BWP he was not informed that the opposing team's line was legal. Down 15 he pm'd me and i told him the line was legal and Rab was a 5. He subbed in but it was way too late.

I initially granted the appeal, on the grounds that while Rab did not have a significant impact on the game, Stayon not being in the game due believing it an illegal line did have a significant impact on the game. However, since I changed it at the last minute and was involved directly with the incident, I'm recusing myself and TWDT Op Turban will make the final determination.

Note: Rab being changed to a 5 is NOT up for appeal. I have changed package players ratings in emergency situations for squads that are not my own. This is a casual summer league and while competitive making sure team's can play and enjoy the games is important. The issue is that Stayon would have started himself if he knew the opposing line was legal.

If BWP, Stayon, Diakka, Cranium, whoever is involved want to add additional statements to help Turban determine the appeal, please post in this thread.
    top 100 basers list

Is this a joke lol? Why should we (sour milk) be penalized for a decision made by staff and for the other team's stupidity? Stop being sore losers and learn to take a loss.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I thought my 3-4 was clutch.

We're not responsible for the line they fielded. Appeal is garbage.

Comment

Look I appreciate Claus laying the facts out accurately but I don't believe we should be penalized for his "mistake." Before the game Claus asked me who I thought from out of all my 6*'s who should be made a 5. Before I could really give him a answer he made Rab a 5*. We both agreed and I asked him again if our roster was valid, and he said yes. Now, should I have let Stayon know that we were not forfeiting? Maybe. But that's not my responsibility. That is the responsibility of staff and both BWP and Claus knew we were valid. We should not be penalized for Stayon sitting because he thought we had lost. Stayon, you shouldn't have even sat regardless. We won by like 20 points. Yet, you still even subbed in and went 0-4. I don't think a replay would be fair to us as there isn't even much difference between a 5 and 6 anyway. Our lineup was validated by the HEAD OP and HOST, it's not our fault Stayon decided to sit.

I hope I have made my point clear and I hope this decision is an easy one for Turban. Don't penalize a team for following the rules, we would have played down a man if told to.
        Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          Stayon (Kamikaze) is appealing their loss in TWDT-J to Sour Milk (Cranium/Diakka) in Week 5. Sour Milk asked for a 5-star, but no one had any in twdt caps chat, and none volunteered in pub. I changed on of their 6-stars (Rab) to a 5-star to make a legal line at the last second, informing host BWP of the change.

Rab went 3-4.

Stayon was under the impression they had an illegal line, and benched himself for Beng (2-6), and according to him when he asked BWP he was not informed that the opposing team's line was legal. Down 15 he pm'd me and i told him the line was legal and Rab was a 5. He subbed in but it was way too late.

I initially granted the appeal, on the grounds that while Rab did not have a significant impact on the game, Stayon not being in the game due believing it an illegal line did have a significant impact on the game. However, since I changed it at the last minute and was involved directly with the incident, I'm recusing myself and TWDT Op Turban will make the final determination.

Note: Rab being changed to a 5 is NOT up for appeal. I have changed package players ratings in emergency situations for squads that are not my own. This is a casual summer league and while competitive making sure team's can play and enjoy the games is important. The issue is that Stayon would have started himself if he knew the opposing line was legal.

If BWP, Stayon, Diakka, Cranium, whoever is involved want to add additional statements to help Turban determine the appeal, please post in this thread.

No offense to anyone involved, but you basically stated the facts, and they completely support Sour Milk. Stayon doesnt even have grounds for an appeal, nothing being said about him not knowing he had to be benched is relevant because he should of been better informed. If he wasnt, via staff, this is not Sour Milks problem nor can we do anything about it. Our boys followed the rules as set out by the staff before this game, and your decision during it and then won. There isnt grounds for any sort of appeal :/ just sucks to be stayon..
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I can confirm claus did change Rabs' rating to a 5* at the start of the match and pmed me to say so. This meant both teams had the right required amount of players. I gave a freq message midmatch to the team contesting rabs rating to inform them lineup was legit. I'm not sure why stayon sat most of the match, looking at their lineup his team had a 5* and two 6*s playing. I even checked his sub as I was told Bong was there 6* (auger was already in as a 6, anyway)
            killing newbs since 2002

Comment

I think the problem is that since you were not prepared and didn't have a 5* you can't just be like "hmm who should go form 6* to 5*" and should face the consequence of playing 4v5.
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                I think the problem is that since you were not prepared and didn't have a 5* you can't just be like "hmm who should go form 6* to 5*" and should face the consequence of playing 4v5.
                ? i think the problem is your font.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                  like I said we woulda played 4v5 if told to do so
                  Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Its staff's responsibility to provide 5/6 star players for teams who don't have them available. So this 4vs5 argument makes no sense.

Comment

sigh.

i will post my decision once i get back home and get to talk with the involved parties, but the chance of this one actually getting granted, based on what i've read thus far, is close to zero.

Comment

Why are you changing star ratings after games started for the week Claus?
                        5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                        1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                        1:fiS> LOL
                        1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

for these star changes, is it permanent? or just for that particular game.. cause im seeing a lot of become 5* who shouldn't be

Comment

I demand casket be changed to 6 star jav

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              for these star changes, is it permanent? or just for that particular game.. cause im seeing a lot of become 5* who shouldn't be
                              Any emergency, last minute changes I made to avoid a forfeit will be changed back to their old ratings... in almost every case... possibly every case, this is a 6 who was changed to a 5, and I've only had to do it 2-3 times. (ie, Rab has been changed back to a 6 in jav)

The "Is he a 5/6 cheat sheet" thread is the master list for accurate ratings... those google docs update live so they're up to the minute.

I'm fairly sure there was a 5-star on someones team who was available for this particular match, captains have been pretty lackluster in offering up their 5/6s which means lots of spamming/begging, making it a more difficult task than it should be. (This was exacerbated this week by a bunch of captains who were unable to show, thus not on the twdt captains chat -- had to communicate via pm with assistants).

It's a summer league that's supposed to be more fun and casual than TWL, and giving players who wouldn't ordinarily get to play league a chance, but I have (C)s and (A)s threatening to tell their 5-stars to log off so they can borrow better ones, or that they're going to boycott the league if said decision doesn't go their way.

A bit more cooperation would help avoid these types of appeals, but I can't see things changing. The borrowing of 5/6s will not be allowed for playoffs as that is the point where we're shifting to a more competitive phase, so I suggest ?messaging your team as I won't be stepping in to help during that phase, nor will there be any emergency ratings changes. (the 5/6 and 5/6/6 requirements will stay in place during the playoffs).
                              Last edited by ogron; 08-04-2014, 04:21 AM.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X