X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for this season

I think TWD should still run during TWDT

But I think it would benefit the zone to allow some sort of "TWD-style" game automation for TWDT squads

This way players can choose to BD/DD/JD with their DT squad, OR BD/DD/JD with their TWD squad, giving them more of an opportunity to play the games they want to play without being limited by their squad's, or by TWD's activity

A player can be "joined" to TWDT roster and TWD roster, and a bot will add the player based on what squad they are tagged to

Personally I don't care if stats are posted anywhere, as long as its possible to squad join your TWDT squad, challenge, and play vs. another TWDT squad semi-competitively, I think it can be relatively successful

Thoughts?

p.s. - this would foster the development of new player relationships to prime squad dynamics for next twl
    Last edited by Pressure; 12-23-2014, 02:06 PM.

it's a lot of work, but if done well it could be a huge success in terms of zone activity during off season. we would have to think it through thoroughly and work on the fine details.

i think it is possible to add TWDT squads manually to the TWD website, granted the captain owns the squad, and temporarily give players the ability to be on two squads during the season. these squads would need to be set as practice/newbie squads with no rating changes, but statistics would still be saved on the squad page.

this would be a lot of work for the TWD operators, and we would need someone to add the teams/players manually to the site. we wouldn't be allowed to do this without the TWD operators consent, though, it is their playground and we play by their rules.

as a reminder, last season we used the simplest of bots, which were basically mirror images of bwjsbots (basebot, javduelbot et cetera) , and we never bothered with the half-assed website as it wouldn't have worked with the rule changes.

i would love to use the TWD website for both TWL and TWDT, but we will see what can be done.

messy post, vsing phone.

Comment

i will have more time when this month ends, hopefully we can work something out.

Comment

Cool thanks for the consideration

sidenote: EG is able to pull this very same set-up off with way less dev resources available so I'm sure we can make it work

Comment

the real issue is that we have about one or two developers with appropriate access levels and skills, and one of them is semi-retired where as the other might quit in the near future.

we have an enormous issue with the dev team, and that has always been the case. it seems like the members have to slay an unicorn, sacrifice a dozen of virgins and reinvent the wheel before they are trusted enough to get site access from those with power. sigh.

Comment

What TWD activity during TWDT? Oh u mean Paladen vs. FU Inc? Yes, they can play during TWDT.

Can't u guys get it into ur heads already? THE GAME IS DED. D-E-D. DED. Just move on like most of us did. Jeez.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I think this would be cool. Like every DT season I played and enjoyed the teams, I was like, damn too bad we can't TWD. However, as Turban said, it might be unlikely to happen because (even though it might not sound huge), but I am sure it is a lot of dev work to ensure that this would work flawlessly without people being able to find holes in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                What TWD activity during TWDT? Oh u mean Paladen vs. FU Inc? Yes, they can play during TWDT.

Can't u guys get it into ur heads already? THE GAME IS DED. D-E-D. DED. Just move on like most of us did. Jeez.
                if you've moved on, stop logging on the forums then. Another boring 'game's dead' person.
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Still fun to troll u once in a while son. U gud yet or still mediocre? Muahaha.
                  Last edited by mtine; 01-06-2015, 07:39 AM. Reason: Love vsing n00bz
                  "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                  Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                  Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Pretty sure this idea was brought up a couple years ago because I remember talking about it. Thanks for bringing this up though.

Comment

HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf HANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSfHANDEBARSf

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Hey zeebu it's really rude, and annoying when you come into an important thread like this and decide to be an asshole spammer. You should know better.
                        Captain of Blind

Comment

Originally posted by parson View Post
                          Hey zeebu it's really rude, and annoying when you come into an important thread like this and decide to be an asshole spammer. You should know better.

it was an idea that was discussed and everyone pretty much unanimously agrees that it is a good idea. the challenges look to be with the actual implementation of this idea. solving those issues would require some coding and whatnot; something we dont have a lot of.

while i agree that i didnt add anything useful to the thread in my previous post, there really isnt much useful to add to the thread unless i were to offer to try to code some stuff. but since i dont know the first thing about coding anything i dont think that would be a very good idea.

now if your intention was that this be a general twdt idea thread i think that there is probably one of those out there already.

handebars

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Concurred con curry
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Well, you guys are in luck, I happen to know quite a few talented coders who have done amazing work in sac devastation zone, perhaps if I get in contact with them, and ask them politely, then I'm sure they would be more then willing to spend a little bit of time to work on this
                              Captain of Blind

Comment

Working...
                              X