X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 2015 OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey guys,

The next season of TWDT is on its way! Hopefully the success of last season will buy us some goodwill in signups this year : )

TWDT 2015 is tentatively set to start in February
    , according to Turban. I will be running the league again, and Heaven, Zidane and Turban will help run it again, although I haven't talked to him in a few days. I know a lot of other mods put in work to ref matches and post scores, so if any of them want to do more, let me know, you're more than welcome.

We'll be shifting to an overall star cap instead of 5/6 Star players, probably 35 star limits for TWDT-D and TWDT-J, because 7-star players kinda got screwed a bit on a few teams last year (mostly just Cres, but he is extremely vocal.) We'll likely do 5-star player borrowing again since the 0 forfeits last year during regular season were a boon. We'll aim for 8 teams again, but see how signups go. I don't want to solidify any rules yet without getting input from captains and players.

Draft order, however, will be done live on stream for the first time, and I'm thinking about forcing captains to pick themselves between rounds 3 to x depending on their skill level.

I'm extending auto-invites to the following players who've won as TWDT Captains (or were 2014 Runner-Ups), with their TWDT credentials at the helm (2014 Captains in bold):

Cranium -- TWDT-B 2014 Champion
    Zizzo -- TWDT-D 2014 Champion
    Zidane -- TWDT-J 2014 Champion
    Undercut -- TWDT-B 2014 Runner-Up
    Hulk -- 4x TWDT Champion
    Dreamwin -- 2x TWDT Champion
    Ease -- 1x TWDT Champion, 900x Runner-Up
    Pressure -- 1x TWDT Champion

Some of these players will likely not accept, so my next targets will be:

Skatarius -- 2013/2014 TWDT Captain, 3x Semi-Finalist
    Infrared -- 2012/2013 TWDT Captain, 2x Runner-Up
    Commodo -- 2014 TWDT Captain

Beyond that, I'll ask longtime veterans like Apok, Turban, Diakka, etc. Let me know if you're interested via pm or in this thread. Mighty will serve his yearlong ban for his 2nd infraction of cheating last season during the playoffs, and is not eligible for TWDT 2015.
    Last edited by ogron; 01-11-2015, 04:45 PM.
    top 100 basers list

I'm Ready to slay baddies.
    Captain of Blind

Comment

I'll ask to get the database/names reset for TWDT signups, and when that is done we will open the signups with TWDTBot. I will set zoners for it as well.

Comment

okay,

you can now sign up for the next TWDT in ?go TWDT by messaging TWDTBot with !signup -- alternatively, you can always message me or claushouse (Ogron) to sign up if you are too lazy to log in to the game. i have set periodical zoners that go off every 60 minutes.

Comment

#free mighty
          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Need more people to sign up! Last year was fun ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't think I'm going to have time to cap this season but I'll give it some thought

Comment

Captains who've accepted (former TWDT Caps in Bold):

Zidane
                Commodo
                TJ Hazuki

Heaven

Pressure is considering, and Ease and Undercut have declined. Waiting on replies or to talk to the rest.

We are currently at: 105 Signups

We had 229 Signups last year, so 200 is the watermark for success imo (we ended up with 300 with signups through the first 5 weeks.) I'm pretty sure we can get 200, if not, we'll reduce the number of teams to 6.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

get the site workiiing
                  TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                  TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                  TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Update on Captains. Bold means returning captain. Underline means seriously considering, but hasn't accepted yet.

Zidane
                    Commodo
                    TJ Hazuki

Heaven
                    Zizzo
                    Pressure

Maketso

This means I'm still looking for at least 2 more veteran captains. Dreamwin, Ease and Undercut have declined. No word yet from Cranium, Hulk, or Skatarius. My preference would be not to captain due to perceived conflict of interest.

We're at around 125 signups with a few weeks to go. I'm looking for 200 to keep 8 teams, otherwise I'll drop it to 6 with 4 teams making playoffs (and possibly double the amount of games like TWL did.)
                    Last edited by ogron; 01-18-2015, 05:01 PM.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

I think we will go with February 8th as the starting date, meaning that is when we will draft the teams and the following week would be the first week of TWDT. I will update the zoner(s) and start attempting to get more people to register, we should be able to meet our goal of 200 signups.

Comment

We're up to 130 signups, and maketso has joined TWDT as a captain, meaning we now have 5 yes's and 2 maybes.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                        X