WTF? Codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? Codec?

I downloaded a .mpg of Jewels new music video and I can't play it because I don't have a codec.

1 - Is there a place where I can download a pack of codecs or something, I'm sick of downloading a new codec every time I want to watch a video. I have three different video watcher thingers (windows media viewer thing, Real player (holy crap that sucks now doesn't it?), and that stupid mac proggy I forget what it's called I don't care) and I have downloaded codecs all the time.. And usually Media Player will tell me "oh I just need to download the codec from my server" and I say "go ahead why are you telling me this download the codec and play my god damn video" BUT IT NEVER FINDS THE CODEC ON ITS SERVER ARENT THOSE NERDS ARE MICROSOFT SMART ENOUGH TO PUT THE CODECS ON THEIR SERVER???????

2 - Why do thousands of fucking codecs exist? Honestly? I've watched videos that have nice res, run smooth, good sounds, aren't to big. WHY DON'T ALL THE FUCKERS INVOLVED IN THIS GOD DAMN INDUSTRY CHOOSE THAT FUCKING CODEC AND JUST USE IT?!?!!? HONESTLY I'M SO SICK OF THIS CODEC CRAP I JUST WANT TO SEE THE JEWEL VIDEO BECAUSE I SAW IT ON TV AND IT WAS FUNNY BECAUSE OF ALL THE RIP OFFS OF BIG CORPORATIONS I THINK THAT IS FUNNY WHY DOES THE WORLD HAVE TO FUCK WITH ME EVERY TIME I TRY TO WATCH A VIDEO?

GERRRRRRRRRRRRr

Very annoyed,
    Spider
    Spider
    Formerly EEK! A Spider!
    Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Download the Kazaa-Lite Codec package off their site. It has everything you will need in codecs. So many codec are around because people keep making new and better ways of compressing video information. And as its an open thing software companines are free to make as many as they want.

Edit: Heres the web site http://www.kazaalite.tk/ its in the download section

Comment

Oh thanks man, I got it working now. I only had to install 10 *MORE* megs of crap to view it. Yeehaw.
      Spider
      Formerly EEK! A Spider!
      Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Working...
      X