Reasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons...

Squads. These are the clans that group us and seperate us. Some are there to base; some to solely be in warbirds; some in javs. Some are there to just have fun. Some are there to seriously compete. People also join squads for different reasons. As for me, I joined my squad to have fun and maybe be a little serious during league matches. But I try not to take it too serious, it just ruins the fun.

What squad did you join? What kind of squad do you think it is? Do you rather be in a High Ranking and serious squad or a low ranking and fun squad?

______
    survey |
    ~~~~~

Why I will never leave Zero Hour until it dissolves

Zero Hour is my home....

It fits the way I play subspace perfectly.
    No one on that squad plays all the time, we all are competitive and want to win, but we are all adults and have real lives that are more important than just this game.... I respect that in all my squad mates.

The squad is full of awesome people and I love chatting with them when I do see them.

I will never join a high ranking squad because, no one will let me, so i hate them back....

No really, it is because I do not want to have to be that dedicated to a game, I want to play when I can and have no hassles if I can't.

I've disappointed them once already, regretted doing it from the start and I won't do it again because Zero Hour is the only place for me right now.
    Ronin

Comment

This is the last squad you will ever join...

Is what good ol Boo aka The Dalai Lama, said to me the day I was joined to the Pallies Subspace Squad. I came to them during their second incarnation, and will be forever a Pallie.

Why you ask? Simply because Pallies is what I envision as being the perfect fit for me in this game. We are a combination of some old farts, and some youngins who are wise beyond their years. We have fun in and out of the game, and always keep it real with each other. We have enough respect for our fellow squadmates that we talk openly about issues and don't let minor things fester.

We also have this neat little radio thingy!

$$$$ SHAMELESS PLUG $$$$

Tune in to Pallies Radio! Only at http://pallies.dhs.org:8020!

Back to the topic. All of the Pallies are my homeboys. I would take a fuckin bullet, and have, for these guys.
      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

well, I was in Vulch. vulch was agreat squad with agreat bunch of people, who i met and developed a real friendship with.

Then i joined anti-scrub for fun and it has turned out that we are a fun squad but somehow are doing well.

hmmm put this the best way i can.
        "You guys aren't better friends than Froggy. You're just different." - Joe Pesche, Lethal Weapon 4.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I flirted with a few squads in my younger ( ) days. When I joined Birds of Prey, it was to join an established squad. When I joined EliteForcez, it was to join what I hoped was another stable squad. When I made Alcoholism, it was to try and bring together a few of the players from BoP and EF in it's first form, and former Alcos + people abandoned on Raveners in it's second form.

And now I'm on British Squad to join (yet another) stable squad and try to shake off the "under-rated" tag in warbirds :P

Oh, and I keep Alcoholism in AML because SVS Leagues rocks TWL (sorry guys but on all fronts it does .. only TWL B comes close ^_^)
          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Me and arro formed a squad to entice the throngs of subspace women into our clutch...erm, arms.
            I'll leave other members of the squad to explain why they want to be furry. Although i'm sure the words "giggles", "cute", and "fluffy", will be used.

Comment

I joined Melee so I could go down on POiD and someday make staff!

but seriously I was asked to join Melee by my old friend and who can turn down POiD and Randedl especcially when they had a gun pointed at my head.
              I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Anti-Scrub is my home.
                I was recruited by Era, cause i was a decent spider. From the past 2 montsh I've been on Anti-Scrub, I have made quite alot of news friends, especially Erathia, brookus, Adman, Kookie and some others. You guys make this squad very fun and enjoyable.

I would say this squad is serious in the leagues. (Expect the jav league.....). But mostly fun.

Finally, I would never join a highly ranked squad that has none of my friends on it. Instead I believe I would get more out of a squad that I would have helped to get to the final.
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

My goal this season was to play on a competitive/fun team that would play in all leagues. Also I wanted to be on a TWLD team that would be the ones to stop Siege and I think I have done fairly well in my picking.
                  TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                  TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                  TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Vortex is cool because i can fuck around on chat and no one gives a damn, CoL and Richard Creager are both pretty laid back and im down with that, and me and the other squaddies do things in events like zombies and basing. I also like that they dont hate me for sucking, or if they do they dont show it. i wouldnt say we are the best organized squad, , but in our own informal way we can get info to one another pretty quickly. I remember hearing about Vortex going through some rough times but i didnt think to much of it until i joined. every now and then i pester CoL to tell me the story of what happened. i think we can pull through though with some good dedication and practice. Go Vortex.
                    Originally posted by Yoshiba
                    i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

He won't tell you. It's a funny story though!

Comment

Annux sucks, gay
                        Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

I wanted to be on a squad that I knew alot of people on and that I could terr for a basing championship stopping diso.

Comment

Originally posted by Th@ KiLL@
                            Annux sucks, gay

PWNED !

Comment

and that means?
                              Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

Working...
                              X