TWDT WEBPAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT WEBPAGE

So I'm confused here. Didn't you guys (staff) have big plans and put in a lot of manpower for TWDT to work? The website worked before, so why is it down right now? How can you fix other things when a league is starting and it's own website, which always worked before, is shut down? That's like running TWL without a website. It isn't that you can't run it without a webpage working, but it just seems hackish to me.

I guess I'm asking why it's down and what the ETA is for it being up again? I just think little things like that HAVE to be addressed if you want this steam thing to possibly work out in a positive way one day.

I will say that I like the new forum look, and placing all subspace related things under the same domain is classy.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

It's not down now, but it hasn't been accurate for a few seasons so IMO it should be taken down and we can carry on using the forums instead.

With staff resources limited as they are, there's no point running a website for this sort of league.

Someone needs to go through all the sites we have and assess whether we really need them. Then update the "NETWORK" thing at the top of each page so it's accurate and consistent (and easy to update).
    Last edited by Rab; 02-21-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      It's not down now, but it hasn't been accurate for a few seasons so IMO it should be taken down and we can carry on using the forums instead.

With staff resources limited as they are, there's no point running a website for this sort of league.

Someone needs to go through all the sites we have and assess whether we really need them. Then update the "NETWORK" thing at the top of each page so it's accurate and consistent (and easy to update).
      I wouldn't say a website for TWDT is a need, but it isn't unnecessary any more than a website for TWL is. Both leagues can be ran without a website. The main point of a website is that it's appealing. It's attractive. It adds to the game and the specific league in general.

I try to look at it from a new player perspective joining from steam. There are a ton of games out there, but very few have actual leagues. Very few of them have websites that promote those specific leagues. Absolutely none of them that I know of have a draft league. They don't have seasons such as TWL. Think of all the most popular multiplayer games out there. I can think of obvious sports games (be it soccer/football/basketball/baseball/etc), and only a few have legitimate leagues. None have draft tournaments, even when most of those sports games where you do the MyPlayer option would benefit and be more enjoyable if they had squads with captains and things.

I guess I'm just saying that what sets subspace apart has always been the league atmosphere to me. TWDT is a league, albiet a different kind than TWL. It deserves a website imo. It worked before, so IDK why it's down now.

Also, it IS down. No links for it work.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

That would be nice. I'm all for using a website -- find me someone willing to make one and maintain it. That said, when I took over as Head TWDT Op, I instructed everyone to stop using it and go 100% to forums. The site is:

A) Disgusting and aesthetically a piece of shit
        B) Insanely buggy and a nightmare to work with -- Missing stats, deleted info, it was almost completely useless to navigate and incredibly difficult to write HoN's for when someone else was running the league
        C) Forums are eternal. You can access everything from past seasons, stats, results, standings, drafts... in the past they would just wipe the website and delete everything without saving it... I've put too much time and effort reconstructing past seasons for the TWDT History page because some idiot didn't take 5 minutes to throw the stuff onto forums or save it (although I think worthwhile in terms of getting people wanting to play TWDT, and rewarding thanks to KATC putting in work to get all the medals onto the TWD site.)

If you can find someone to build a TWDT website from scratch, I'll use it. But there's no way in fucking hell I'm using it in it's current state. Players have all the info and stuff they need on these forums, and we have 3 active mods keeping it neat, tidy, and up-to-date.

I agree 100% with the premise a website is better for new players, it's more a matter of execution.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          The main point of a website is that it's appealing. It's attractive. It adds to the game and the specific league in general.
          don't think any website will be more attractive than Ogron's pokemon post write-ups.
          3:BOMBED> got donuts
          3:BOMBED> how jealous
          3:Heaven> how american
          3:BOMBED> ??????????
          3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
          3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Subspace.tw/twdt it's up. *insert everything Claus said here.*

As for TWL, the site's primary function is to arrange and display schedules for each game. While in TWDT we have locked each division to exact same timeslots for every week.
            Sure it could all be done on forums for TWL but TWL operators have it much easier with the display of suggested schedule times to make the final decision if one hasn't been agreed upon by captains yet.

It also, though not perfectly, stores season data automatically.
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Working...
            X