Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots at ?go wbduel etc.

there really should be commands like !own and !spam

i dont like to ask a staffer each time i want to play a wb prac. in addition to that i also can't stand ppl spamming arenas and chats with ?go wbduel.

same goes for basing...

pls think about it. it works in other zones!
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
    << evoce >>
    /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
    TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
    TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

TW Staff thinks its a privilege to have bot commands and fire up practices, its too bad they dont take a look in other zones and see how much better pracs work out there.

Comment

nah
      in TW it's just more likely to get abused.

When I got time I will work on the feature to have those bots work player-controlled.

Comment

It would be awesome if we could do that. But as you see tw people will abuse it. Maybe it would be good to give one person who is always on those powers and they could be incharge of it. Or they could have shifts they go through. I would be more than glad to do that. But it might not be possible (staff may not allow it) its a good post Evoce. Unlike mine that make no sence , But im starting to think more about my posts (not just throwing stuff out there).

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

There is no one person who is always on. As far as going through shifts, the current crop of ER's are on at rather varying times throughout a 24 hour period. That still doesn't seem to be enough, however. The only solution is a bot system that is entirely player-controlled. As Myth said, he'll get around to when he gets around to it.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Maybe we could have the bot setup to do it on its own. Like every hour the bot sends out a *zone message that say ?go wbduel And 1st 2 that come are capts. And they start there game if enough people show. But they prolly will never happen its probly my fantasy world.

---
            --

Comment

that would lead to the fact that pracs can only be held once every hour. the !own and !spam solution is actually the best one. ppl who abuse the bot get banned. simple and effective...
              (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
              \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
              << evoce >>
              /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
              (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

The problem is with the average age of TW we'd end up with nuts vs scrotum and stuff everytime. If you got the bot to only be able to add once every 10 min and just made it have a set thing "Team 1 vs Team 2 in .?go wbduel - Whoever Told the bot to send msg" That would work.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                  The problem is with the average age of TW we'd end up with nuts vs scrotum and stuff everytime. If you got the bot to only be able to add once every 10 min and just made it have a set thing "Team 1 vs Team 2 in .?go wbduel - Whoever Told the bot to send msg" That would work.
                  That was what i was trying to go for. Thanks nickname that would be a great idea!

---
                  --

Comment

Giving power to some people in ?go base seems to be working for now, I don't know about the wb dueling arenas though. Just wait for mythrandir to make a new bot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                      Giving power to some people in ?go base seems to be working for now, I don't know about the wb dueling arenas though. Just wait for mythrandir to make a new bot.

They seem to be giving the power to the wrong people thou. Tera has powers and then there are other basers that base 24/7 and they dont even have zip. I dont know. . But maybe mythrandir could use some of these ideas. Hey its worth a try?

---
                      --

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                        ya, or u give some ppl the bot powers for the bots at ?go wbduel etc, like in basing. chose mature ones so that there won't be any abuse. thats a possibility too...
                        (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                        \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                        << evoce >>
                        /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                        (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

To the best of my knowledge there are already people with bot power in ?go wbduel.

Edit: Myth gives bot power to people he thinks he can trust so Tera I guess could be trusted to not abuse his power and I haven't seen him do it.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 06-26-2003, 04:57 PM.

Comment

ZHs have powers of the bots in ?go wbduel and ?go javduel. So starting up a game there shouldn't be a big problem. It's just a bit tedious for both ZHs and players.

In ?go base it's not much of a problem that only a small group of people can start basing games. It ensures quality captains thus quality, and there is always plenty of people to pick from. (btw. Tera is doing just fine, hasn't abused and is online at times when there's even no staff online at all).

I don't think ?go wbduel and ?go javduel work like that. I could give some people powers in those arenas but I doubt it'll work out as it does in ?go base. It's much less a community than the basing one, and there are many alternative arenas for when you don't get picked.

I'll check some other zones to see how player controlled bots work there, and see if it's possible to have something similar in TW. But TW is too big, and too different to have it work exactly the same. It's highly unlikely players will get to advertize their game (in a zone of 600 players you shouldn't advertize for 5on5 games, neither for 8on8 basing games).

Comment

check out Dueling Arizona during the weekend, thats the best example of games being advertised all the time.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X