Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 2016 Captains

TWDT 2016 Captains

They say a man dies twice -- once, when you stop breathing, and later on, when somebody mentions your name for the last time. Prevent the second! Immortalize yourself with a TWDT Championship bearing your name as Captain in the halls of ?go TWDT. Your vainglorious nature will love having your name plastered all over forums, Hot or Not threads, and in zoners -- not to mention a personalized logo with your name and team!

Invited
    Accepted
    Maybe
    Unlikely

* Won a TWDT Title
    * Won a TWDT Title as Captain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Commodo (***) -- Silence

The current TWDT-D and TWDT-J champion will be returning to defend his titles, having put together one of the fiercest three-league squads in memory. He is a 1x TWL Champion and 3x TWDT Champion.

Commodo likes a good shark fin stew, which may or may not be a form of Cannibalism. Has anyone seen porkjet lately? :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dreamwin (**) -- Terrorist

Dreamwin is a 5x TWL Champion and a 2x TWDT Champion, capping Terrorist to a pair of titles in 2012, as well as leading EZ or Wut to the 2010 TWDT-B Finals.

He's an experienced captain and looks to bring his team to glory once again. Glory, not glory hole. An important distinction, as he found out the hard way.
    Stannis (***) -- Baratheon

Ogron is a 6x TWL Champion and a 3x TWDT Champion, capping Baratheon to a TWDT-B title in 2013, winning TWDT-D in 2012 and TWDT-J in 2014 as a player.

He likes long walks on the beach and rigging drafts so he can pick Ease #1 overall.
    Cres (*****) -- Fire

Cres is a 5x TWDT Champion, winning every league and being an integral part of the 2011 Triple Crown Champion team dun vs me.

He is a veteran TWLD player with copious amounts of alcohol in his system/experience as Captain.
    Skatarius -- Kamikaze

Skatarius is a TWL Finals starter and capped Kamikaze to the TWDT Quarter-Finals in 2014 and the TWDT Semi-Finals in 2013, always drafting well with balanced, three-league teams that make deep playoff pushes.

He took 2015 off because he was too busy pushing deep into your mom.

He's one of the most experienced TWDT players in history, and is making a welcome return to the Captain's chair.
    Tiny (***) -- Paddington

Tiny is a 10x TWL Champion, 3x TWDT Champion, and the current TWEL-J dueling champ. He'll be looking to add to his already padded resume this season.

Tiny told me he likes bears, when I asked if he meant teddy, he said "no his name is Don, not Teddy, and he's a bottom."

Mean Gene (******) -- Stark

Mean Gene is a 1x TWL Champion and 6x TWDT Champion, having played in multiple Finals and MVPing the 2013 TWDT-B Finals.

He's one of the winningest TWDT players in history, and looks to translate that into putting together a venerable contender. Venerable, not venereal, or Mattey would be cap.
    Maketso (***) -- Blooms

Maketso is a 3x TWL Champion and a 3x TWDT Champion, having played in several Finals across multiple leagues and ships.

He's one of the most veteran players in the game, and led Blooms to the TWDT 2015 Semi-Finals, after an impressive 8-0 start in TWDT-B.

Replacement Caps:

Ease (*******) -- Thunder
    Zidane (****) -- Power
    Turban (*******) -- TBD
    Kado -- TBD

Last edited by ogron; 01-06-2016, 05:04 PM.
    top 100 basers list

I'm going with a Game of Thrones theme for the TWDT artwork this season.

Captains, there are 4 spots left on the TWDT 2016 logo:

Mormont Bear (Green)
    Stark Direwolf (Navy Blue)
    Lannister Lion (Orange)
    Arryn Falcon (Sky Blue)

The Targaryen Dragons (Red) have been claimed by Cres's squad, Fire. The Tully Silver Trout (Silver) looks like a suiciding salmon and perfect fit for Skatarius's squad, Kamikaze. I will once again be leading House Baratheon as Stannis, and laid claim to the Baratheon Black Stag (Gold). I thought the Greyjoy Kraken (Purple) was a good fit for Dreamwin's Terrorist.

Mean Gene has not selected a squad name yet, and we have three spots left to fill.

You do not need to own a squad name to use it. As long as it's not a well recognized TWL squad (Dice, Thunder, Pandora, Fierce, etc.) you can use any name you want (you simply won't be able to have player's squadjoin, which most don't anyway.) This lets you pick something cool that people will want to play for.

If you have a preference for one of the five House's left, let me know. Legacy squads (dun vs me, Power, Silence, Terrorist, Ruby, etc.) that have won titles will get a star on their logo for every title they've won, similar to World Cup teams.
    Last edited by ogron; 12-01-2015, 04:29 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

kamikaze is a little pink fish man rly ?
      ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

?

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Cres isn't using my squad name

Comment

Originally posted by Skatarius View Post
            kamikaze is a little pink fish man rly ?
            I'll try to add some personal touches to them in a bit
            top 100 basers list

Comment

How can ease be first picked tho if he's a cap?
              idkidc1233

Comment

Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that you would be doing captain picks based on star ratings of the captains to allow the less diverse captains first picks?
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that you would be doing captain picks based on star ratings of the captains to allow the less diverse captains first picks?
                  Read the rules section instead of regurgitating rumors you've heard, holy fuck.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

You'll find this section about 30 seconds into your journey, after reading the INITIAL DRAFT section that clearly stipulates that, like last year, the initial draft slots (1 through 8) will be chosen via live stream using a random number generator by Heaven.

Originally posted by claushouse
                    Free Agency

There will be a Free Agency draft one hour before Week 3 begins.

Date: Sunday, January 31th, 2016
                    Time: 2pm EST

Unlike the past two years, there will only be one Free Agency draft this year. Any players not signing up by 1:30pm EST on Sunday, January 31st will not be allowed into TWDT.

Free Agency draft position will be based on the amount of individual TWDT stars each Captain has. The less stars, the higher your FA draft position. Tiebreaks will be whoever had the later position in the original draft (8 > 1).

Players drafted are immediately eligible for play.

The 2016 Ratings have not been done yet, but in order to give you an example, under the current ratings, the FA Draft order would be:

1. Cres
                    2. Tiny
                    T3. Skatarius
                    T3. Mean Gene
                    T3. Ogron
                    6. Commodo
                    7. Dreamwin

Whoever has the lower draft position in the initial random draft of those at T3, would draft first. If the initial draft order is: Skatarius, Cres, Commodo, Dreamwin, Ogron, Mean Gene, Tiny, then the list would be finalized as follow for the Free Agency draft:

1. Cres
                    2. Tiny
                    3. Mean Gene
                    4. Ogron
                    5. Skatarius
                    6. Commodo
                    7. Dreamwin
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      Read the rules section instead of regurgitating rumors you've heard, holy fuck.
                      6:Heaven> and tiny
                      6:Heaven> for ur forum post
                      6:Heaven> the draft order is random..
                      6:Tiny> it wasnt before heaven
                      6:Heaven> it was last yr
                      6:Tiny> i specifically remember seeing that it was based on captain stars
                      6:Tiny> i saw it this yr
                      6:Heaven> i run the draft, so i wud know lol
                      6:Heaven> its random
                      6:Tiny> i understand that u run the draft, but ogron said in one of his posts it was based on stars
                      6:Tiny> so get ur fucking facts str8

lol claus this man is CERTAIN we're both wrong, what do we do?
                      3:BOMBED> got donuts
                      3:BOMBED> how jealous
                      3:Heaven> how american
                      3:BOMBED> ??????????
                      3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                      3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

I love how you left out the part where I said I was joking u mall cop faggot.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

i personally think draft orders should be as following:

Random initial draft: 12345678

Based on initial draft, set it up so that whoever got the worst pick position in the initial draft, gets the first pick in fa draft.

Proposed order for fa draft:76548321

Say for example i or commodo got 7th pick by random and then would draft last or second last in the fa draft. Every cap is great at least one league and highest rated players are good in two leagues. Its not that big of a gap. Doesnt seem too fair when u think about it?
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                            i personally think draft orders should be as following:

Random initial draft: 12345678

Based on initial draft, set it up so that whoever got the worst pick position in the initial draft, gets the first pick in fa draft.

Proposed order for fa draft:76548321

Say for example i or commodo got 7th pick by random and then would draft last or second last in the fa draft. Every cap is great at least one league and highest rated players are good in two leagues. Its not that big of a gap. Doesnt seem too fair when u think about it?
                            I don't really care which order the FA Draft is in personally, but I don't see how it could hurt to give Cres/Tiny guaranteed better spots in the FA draft, given that they're true one-leaguers. You and Commodo are the only two players who play TWL Finals in two leagues, but I agree the difference in captain levels isn't much this year (as opposed to Stayon/Zidane/Ease relative to TJ Hazuki or Racka last year.)

Which initial draft spots are best is debatable, and depends on who is signed up. If Commodo gets 7th spot and the top 7 players a roughly equal, he gets the #1 FA pick and loses nothing on the initial draft and wraps around to round 2 with a potentially better pick. This isn't a likely scenario, and typically 6/7 are worse spots, but not always.

You're saying we should order the FA draft based on things we don't know yet. 6th spot could be complete shit, then a last minute signup pushes the amount of clear #1 round picks to 6, making 6th spot amazing.

I've proposed taking something we do know, the quality of skill level of the captains, and do the FA part based on that. Historically, there is a sharper drop off in talent in the FA part -- guaranteeing 1-leaguers like Tiny and Cres get top picks seems like it would help balance things out. I'm fine with your suggestion as well, I'm not 100% attached to what I proposed.

I'll talk to the captains and see.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

lets see how the signup turns out. if the high caliber player level pool is low then 1 leaguers should be given higher draft picks to balance teams out. i don't really like the idea of depending on FA players because its highly dependent on chance.
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
                              X