Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Should a player/squad need to use macros in a DD match if they are elite enough to know how to team and stay away from being rushed/vulched/spawned?
    Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

I don't use macros myself. I find them occasionally useful when other people use them in twjd, but not in twdd, it's just too big an arena to go and try to chase people around. I always just try to have a sense of where the action is it.

Updates on how the squad and individual players are doing, I do find basically essential though. I just have to know.

Comment

The only use for a macro would either to help locate a player that would be out in 1 kill or to regroup , but players should have the sense to figure stuff out for themselves
      3:Nuke> say it out loud a couple of times then backwards and repeat if necessary until u sound cool

Comment

I use macros

I use macros but not for spamming. I use them for !score, !time , !stats, help at %coord .. and stuff like that..

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

That's what he's talking about.

Comment

in javs they're needed for help on which side, saying what we control and depending on the squad I have macros saying which nme is low on nrg. Dueling I use a help and a enemy @ coord macro. thats it.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

2-fer! What a deal!
              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

The cordinates are good to announce with macros. for example in twdd/twld

Theres also some good macros for baseelim. I recommend:
                f1mfg
                f2:OMFG!!
                f3:STFU DICKWEED
                f4:%killed WHINE MORE WANKSHAFT
                f5:%killer ROLF LAMO

Comment

With my squad we have experimented with macros...

here is my observations concerning macros in twdd...

MACRO overuse is annoying and distracting... and can kill you.... just like over looking at radar screen.. those damn radar shots will get you if you look off the screen too long.

MACROS should be used sparingly...

like for... REQUEST LOCATIONS... if you are lost?

tell where your group(flock) is...

Or to hunt last player...

Comment

i have some cool macros, when i kill somebody i do this one:
                    %selfname killed the newbie %killed

i don't know much about twdd i only played in one match before i was kicked from my squad

Comment

Poopjuice... that is a typical spam macro... that is typical public arena macros... annoying must I say...

I'm talking about macros used in twdd....

Macros I have made for example...

for in play... twdd player macros:

Im @ %coord
                      Group @ %coord
                      REQUEST LOCATIONS
                      SOS @ %coord

etc...

for spectators..macros

Enemy Group @ %coord
                      %tickname foe @ %coord

etc...

What I'm saying.. is if you overuse these macros... you read too much text during twdd match and you get knocked out by radar shots... since you have to read text and not view the playfield.

Sparingly use of macros is advised, or just have a good sense where everyone is...

I thought it was neat to have a macro communication method, but information overload screws you up.

Comment

Working...
                      X