• Show
Clear All

• HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 1

Hot or Not
    Week 1

TWDT-D

Fire vs. Stark
    50-41

Fire put in a balanced team effort, as the Targaryens got the better of the Starks, with 7-Star superstar 24 (13-7) leading Cres (10-8), Ravage (10-9), Turban (10-9), and raizin (7-8) to the W.

First-round pick Zidane proved his mettle with a superb 15-10, but got little help from anyone other than Racketeer (10-10), as Eren (6-10), Joemama (1-3), Cripple (3-7), Cape (4-8), and Beasty (2-2) did little to ameliorate the situation.

HOT: 24 (13-7)
    HOT: Zidane (15-10)

NOT: Cape (4-8). The TWLD 17 champion stunk up the joint before getting ignominiously subbed out for someone named "Beasty", making Cape the most famous sub person to be removed since Jared.

---

Terrorist vs. Baratheon
    50-46

Dumbwin (15-9) and Stayon (13-7) ran and lagged for their lives down 2v4, as Baratheon choked and gave up and easily winnable match in embarrassing fashion. Ison (8-10) lagged his way to a less impressive score, although his lagging through rocks was impressive, while cash.Monay (8-10) was serviceable, and Absent (6-10) was just plain bad.

Stannis (12-10) led his team in the loss, ahead of Board (10-10), Failed (10-10), JAMAL (8-10), and a disappointing 6-10 from Afri.

HOT: dreamwin
    NOT: Afri/Absent (6-10)

---

Kamikaze vs. Blooms
    50-30

Iron Survivor (16-7) led Kentaro (15-9), Skatarius (7-4), Jebass (5-4), and Cloth (6-6) to a massive 50-30 win over the hapless Blooms.

Only maketso (8-10), and Smoking Blue (8-10) even approached parity, as Tiduz (7-10), Up in Ya !! (1-7) and Wiibimbo (3-10) were all terrible.

HOT: Iron Survivor
    NOT: Wiibimbo (3-10). One of the least competent warbirds to ever play the game, his massive incompetence, poor aim, and atrocious decision-making were on full display in this game, made all-the-worse by the fact it's the only ship he plays.

If a Stormtrooper fucked Mr. Magoo, you'd be the end result.

---

Silence vs. Paddington
    50-49

This was an exciting match, as Geio took on Ease 1v1 at 48-48. Geio managed an early kill, then narrowly missed a smart suicide attempt up 49-48, but Ease's superior warbirding took over, as he equalized then finished off Geio to clinch the match.

Ease (15-9), Zizzo (13-10), pee pee sock (9-10) carried unimpressive games from veteran warbirds Rasaq (7-10) and ven0m (6-9), who almost threw the game away.

For Paddington, Shadowmere (16-10) had a very strong game, alongside Geio (14-10) and Trasher (6-5), with a mediocre outing from TWLD 20 champion Weak (8-10). beam (1-5) had to be subbed out, while Tiny (4-10) trading away low-star Ison so he could start himself proved an awful decision, as he is terrible in every ship except javelin, but doesn't realize it (it's called the Dunning–Kruger effect, and it is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is.)

HOT: Ease (15-9)

NOT: Tiny (4-10). The only thing you should be starting, is the car in your garage with a sock in the exhaust with you in it.
    top 100 basers list

TWDT-J

Stark vs. Blooms
    50-29

Zidane (14-10) and Mean Gene (12-3) proved too much for the late Bloomers, as they carried their team to the victory.

maketso (14-10) was the lone bright spot for his team, and no one else got over 5 kills... with Haltaffin, Smoking Blue, Spawnisen, Valker, and wiibimbo all negging.

HOT: Zidane
    HOT: Mean Gene

NOT: Haltaffin and Valker, with the legendary combined 0-10 (also known as "pulling a Mark Stone.") Haven't seen this many zeroes from unpaid labor since Lebron signed that $500,000,000 lifetime contract with Nike.

---

Silence vs. Baratheon
    50-30

Aprix (14-5) and Roiwerk (11-4) led the likes of Zizzo (8-4), Rasaq (7-7), and Mattey (8-10) to a comfortable victory after starting off slow.

JAMAL (10-10) and Stannis (7-10) couldn't muster performances from Sulla (5-10), Board (5-10), or M_M God (2-10) as they were routed.

HOT: Aprix
    NOT: M_M God (2-10).

M_M is out, 2 kills, 10 deaths.
    4:M_M God> rdy 2 basejav
    4:Stannis> only thing you're qualified to javelin is your resumé to the TWDT Trades bulletin board
    4:Board> LOL
    4:Sulla> ROFL

---

Terrorist vs. Fire
    50-37

Terrorist took out Fire by 13, as TWLJ Runner-ups dreamwin (16-7) and Stayon (11-7) dominated the game, ahead of 6-star javelins Rough (7-7), Kado (8-9), and Henry Saari (3-7).

24 (11-10) and Turban (10-10) were the only Fire fighters to achieve parity, as Shaun (8-10), Jessup (5-10) and Cres (2-10) were sub-par.

HOT: Dreamwin
    NOT: Cres (2-10). Unlike the javelin bombs you were firing, the only thing round thing bouncing and hitting were dreamwin's balls on your chin.

---

Paddington vs. Kamikaze
    50-33

Shadowmere (14-6) seems to have once again regained his 2015 TWDT pre-eminence as one of the most valuable multi-ship players, leading the likes of Ardour (9-5), Tiny (12-10), Trasher (7-5), and Mad Jack (7-7).

On the losing side, Kamikaze pilots Kess (11-10) and Iron Survivor (6-5) posted the only positive records, as lob machine Zazerick (8-10), Kira Tomato (4-10), and skatarius (0-5) all failed to go positive.

HOT: Shadowmere
    NOT: Kira Tomato (4-10). There's no excuse to ever go 4-10 in your own ship in TWDT-J with plenty of low-stars to feed on. I guess Shadowmere taking a giant shit on you at least provides your tomatoes with good fertilizer.
    Last edited by ogron; 01-18-2016, 11:51 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT-B

Paddington vs. Fire
      15:00-6:23

Paddington decimated Fire in Week 1, as Tiny (27-6) terred ahead of Major Crisis (2.8 RPD) and Shadowmere (2.7 RPD), with Hulk (89-36) and Trasher (87-27) leading Jatt, Holy Ship, and Ardour in spider.

For the Firegonians, Turban (23-12) "terred" ahead of mcvicar (2.7 RPD) and 24 (2.9 RPD), with TJ hazuki, TheWadoRooster, Shaun, raizin, Cres, and eavenly in spider.

HOT: Hulk
      NOT: Fire's entire spider line, getting outkilled by 140 in a 21 minute game by Paddington. Yikes.

---

Stark vs. Blooms
      15:00-8:31

House Stark downed the Knight of Flowers, as Blooms fell to Cape (31-5), terring ahead of Zidane (2.9 RPD) and Markmrw (2.7 RPD) in shark, with Cripple leading all spiders with an impressive 116-39, alongside squallFF8 (97-44), Mean Gene, i.d. and healt.

warportal (17-8) terred for the Bloomers, with Dwopple (2.9 RPD) and Valker (2.8 RPD) in shark. Oder (90-61) led the likes of Spawnisen (77-63), Halftaffin, maketso, and Spoking Blue.

HOT: Cripple

---

Terrorist vs. Silence
      15:00-10:23

NL>Trigger (39-6) terred ahead of Downfall (2.9 RPD) and hellkite (2.9 RPD), as Terrorist's spiders' Henry Saari (118-30), Stayon (113-39), Dreamwin, Rough, and Grandias outkilled Silence by 80.

Zizzo (44-18) did what some might describe as terring, with Mattey (2.9 RPD) and Commod (2.9) in shark ahead of Rasaq (90-58), Ease (85-62), aprix, Flion, ven0m, and 7th.

HOT: NL>Trigger
      NOT: Flion. Terrible in every ship. The only thing Flion should fly on is the Hindenburg, because you crashed and burned in both terr and spider.

---

Baratheon
      vs. Kamikaze
      15:00-13:10

House Baratheon won a hard fought victory in a tough match, as Stannis (40-9) terred his squad to victory ahead of porkjet (2.8 RPD) and Mr. Homo (2.8 RPD)/JAMAL (2.9 RPD), with Solace (106-63), M_M God (92-74), JAMAL (92-74), Afri (81-61), and Sulla (70-59).

Kamikaze proved they were the real deal in TWDT-B, going toe-to-toe with a powerhouse basing squad, as Zazerick (43-7) impressed in terr, ahead of Cranium (2.8 RPD) and fire phoenix (2.5 RPD), with Kess (108-57) and Mr. Tinkles (91-39) dominating in spider, ahead of Kentaro, skatarius, and bellflowers.

HOT: porkjet
      NOT: No one, thought everyone played pretty well.
      Last edited by ogron; 01-19-2016, 01:22 AM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Players of the Week

WB of the Week: Ease (15-9). Ease outdueled Geio in a thrilling 1v1 finale, clinching the W for Silence.

Jav of the Week: Mean Gene (12-3). MG slammed Blooms in TWDT-J, leading his team to the promised land.

Baser of the Week: Cripple (116-39). He got the most amount of kills in the least amount of time this week, leading Stark to a solid victory over Blooms.

Player of the Week: Dreamwin. Dreamwin is an idiot and not anywhere near as good at this game as he thinks he is, but he performed across all three leagues this week as Terrorist went 3-0, with a 15-9 in wb, 16-7 in jav, and 105-49 in spider, and earned the Player of the Week.
        Last edited by ogron; 01-19-2016, 01:34 AM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Last edited by ogron; 01-19-2016, 02:31 AM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Gud read, keep it up Ogron
            idkidc1233

Comment

Good job!

Even though this league changes fast, and it's a bit subjective, judging from the results this weekend, i'd say 4 teams should go to playoffs and other 4 teams will fight for the last 2 spots. With Dreamwin Commodo, Tiny and Gene's teams leading the pack with more active and balanced rosters.

Cres and Skatarius are the two others likely to seal the other two spots.

Maket and Stannis might have the biggest hardships to reach playoffs, both due to their draft, Maketso, risky draft picks and inactivity issues and Stannis, in poor draft fashion, virtually only drafting a basing team.

Good luck papichulos!
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

Player of the Week: Dreamwin. Dreamwin is an idiot and not anywhere near as good at this game as he thinks he is, but he performed across all three leagues this week as Terrorist went 3-0, with a 15-9 in wb, 16-7 in jav, and 105-49 in spider, and earned the Player of the Week.
                LOL, you made my day. Thx for the write-up anyway.

PS. gl qualifying playoffs with 25 basers
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

What an awful writeup - where a player went 16-10, 14-6 and sharked his team to 2-1 week against more difficult opponents than others - didn't even get honorable mention.

Dislike.

EDIT: I will remind you what I said last year: Someone who does good in D and J will never get player of the week or honorable mention if they shark in basing, because you will completely ignore them over spiders who have a decent score. You trash!
                  3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                  3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                  3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                  3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                  3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                  3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                  3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                  3:Shadowmere> LOL
                  3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                  Shadowmere> Rofl
                  Up in ya !> With his feet
                  Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                  Up in ya !> l44t feet
                  Deft> l44t f44t*
                  Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                  Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
                    What an awful writeup - where a player went 16-10, 14-6 and sharked his team to 2-1 week against more difficult opponents than others - didn't even get honorable mention.

Dislike.

EDIT: I will remind you what I said last year: Someone who does good in D and J will never get player of the week or honorable mention if they shark in basing, because you will completely ignore them over spiders who have a decent score. You trash!
                    ???

Dreamwin went 3-0 and scored well in all three leagues -- you went 2-1 and can't shark for shit -- shut the fuck up you stupid socially inept aspergers-case-in-waiting.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Hot or Not is finished. Enjoy!
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

God I love you.

Thank you for the HoN.
                        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                        3:Shadowmere> LOL
                        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                        Shadowmere> Rofl
                        Up in ya !> With his feet
                        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                        Up in ya !> l44t feet
                        Deft> l44t f44t*
                        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by idkidc1233 View Post
                          Gud read, keep it up Ogron

ty sir
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Note to Self:
                            Font for Standings is "Candara" with 30 and 40 pt size
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmere View Post
                              God I love you.

Thank you for the HoN.

welcum
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X