HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT OR NOT -- WEEK 2

REMEMBER: TWDT SIGNUPS FOR FREE AGENCY OPEN UNTIL THIS SUNDAY!!!

Hot or Not

Week 2

Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 3
    Week 4
    Week 5
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Quarter-Finals
    Semi-Finals
    Finals

TWDT-D

Silence vs. Fire
    50-34

Rasaq (15-10) led the charge for the Silencers, ahead of Zizzo (11-5), Tripin (10-5), and Ease (10-9), with pee pee sock hanging on for dear life.

Cres resurrected Sir Spider from the dead after a multi-year absence from Trench Wars leagues, as the low-rated 6-Star superstar impressed in his first outing, leading his team with a massive 13-10, ahead of a trio of 5-10s from Cres, Turban, and 24, and a 6-10 from Ravage.

HOT: Rasaq
    NOT: Cres, Turban, and 24. Moe, Larry, and Curly were all equally unimpressive, and got bonked harder than Hayden Panatierre at a casting session in a hotel room.

---

Paddington vs. Baratheon
    50-30

Paddington put forth a balanced, spread out performance across all five starters, as Weak (11-7), Shadowmere (11-8), Trasher (8-2), Geio (10-5), and Hulk (9-8) all went positive.

Stannis (10-10) once again led Baratheon, continuing his strong play from TWLD, but has thus far failed to hard carry a game, with M_M God (9-10) providing the only other decent performance, as Flew, Afri, and JAMAL were all sub-par.

HOT: Weak
    NOT: JAMAL/Afri, with matching 3-10s -- Like the Olsen Twins, in that they both got abused before hitting 10.

---

Terrorist vs. Blooms
    50-43

Stayon (15-10) led all players in this game, warbirding in front of Dreamwin (11-6), Kado (11-10), Ison (7-7), and Rough (6-10), who can't even manage to go positive on winning teams.

Recently traded squad cancer Failed (13-10) once again failed to help his team achieve victory, as maketso (11-10) and Ricko (9-10) couldn't buoy bad outings from Racka (5-10) and perennial newbie Wiibimbo (5-10) against Lag Force One.

HOT: Stayon
    NOT: Wiibimbo. The 1-shipper followed up his 4-10 last week with a 5-10 this week. Trash.
    NOT: Rough (6-10). Negs even on winning teams. He does deserve some credit, however, for managing to not get subbed out and finish the whole game, unlike his entire TWLJ playoff playing career.

---

Stark vs. Kamikaze
    50-34

God Emperor of Dune (i.e., what's left of TWLD) Best made his TWDT debut in stunning fashion, following up his pair of TWLD Finals MVPs with an 18-9 performance to snuff out the Kamikazeans. Tanzu (12-7) was second-in-line to the throne, chipping in ahead of Zidane, Olde, and Eren who were apparently in the game (I'll take the Box Scores word for it -- all I saw was bodies dropping around Best.)

Kess (10-10) and Iron Survivor (9-10) were the only players around parity on the losing team, as Jebass and Zazerick were middling, while skatarius was atrocious.

HOT: Best (18-9)
    NOT: skatarius (2-10). He was a skater boy, his talent said "See ya later, boy."

Big thanks to Fork for recording the TWDT-D match between Stark and Kamikaze!
    Last edited by ogron; 01-26-2016, 01:28 AM.
    top 100 basers list

TWDT-J

Silence vs. Terrorist
    50-43

Ease (15-8) once again smashed the Dicegeon trio of Stayon (9-10), Dreamwin (14-10), and Rough (12-10), after climbing over their corpses in the TWLJ 19 and TWLJ 20 Finals for his third and fourth TWLJ titles in a row. This time he did it with the likes of Zizzo (13-8) and Roiwerk (10-7), with poor performances from Rasaq (6-10) and Mattey (4-9).

The low-star players on both teams were completely outmatched, falling prey to the apex predators hunting them down and swallowing them whole, with Fork (2-7), Kado (2-3), and Henry Salami (3-10) getting slammed.

HOT: Ease
    NOT: Fork, who needs to get spooned after the terror of getting absolutely molested in this TWDT-J match.

---

Bloom vs. Baratheon
    50-39

The 120ms Club managed to get by Baratheon as Amnesti (15-10) and maketso (11-6) carried the likes of Aprix, Racka, and wiibimbo.

JAMAL (15-10) was stellar in javelin this week, but besides a strong showing from M_M God (9-10), Rodney, Porkjet and Stannis were quite simply just bad.

HOT: Amnesti
    NOT: Stannis (3-10). The 2014 TWDT-J Champion was anything but, managing only 3 kills and dying out first. If you guest-starred on Sesame Street the cast would mistake you for Oscar the Grouch because you're complete garbage.

---

Stark vs. Kamikaze
    50-45

Stark managed the W thanks to performances from unexpected places, as I.D. (10-3) and Healt (14-8) carried the load, with poor showings from TWLJ Champions Zidane (7-10) and Best (7-10), a solid performance from Omega Red (8-8), no Mean Gene in sight, and an atrocious 0-6 from Siaxis. I.D.'s game all the more impressive given that it was a mid-game sub-in on 4 deaths.

Zazerick (16-10) did his best to get Kamikaze their first win, but sadly the stray and pray wasn't to carry a solid performance from Kess (10-10), and mediocre scores from Iron Survivor, fp <ZH>, and skatarius.

HOT: I.D.
    HOT: Zazerick

NOT: Siaxis. An abhorrent 0-6 and getting subbed out. Before the game I said to you "give them a lesson in being tough", not "give me your best impression of Rough."

---

Paddington vs. Fire
    50-39

Trasher (10-5), Tiny (13-10), Shadowmere (13-10), Mad Jack (8-6), and Ardour (5-8) led Paddington the the 11-point victory in TWDT-J.

Shaun put on one of the best early performances of the year, amassing a Herculean 18-10, but even that wasn't enough to carry the putrid performances of Turban, Cres, eavenly, and Ravage, with only 24 (10-10) reaching parity.

HOT: Shaun (18-10)
    HOT: Trasher
    NOT: Cres (3-10). Hopefully you have a legendary 6-star superstar jav to can resurrect too, because to call you dogshit in jav is an insult to dogshit, which provides the added benefit of fertilizing the earth.
    NOT: Ravage (0-6). Welcome to the 0-6 club. You'll be joining plenty of tools. Tools which you can use to build a sign that says "I suck at Subspace."
    Last edited by ogron; 01-25-2016, 02:12 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT-B

Baratheon
      vs. Stark
      15:00-1:02

Stannis (19-0, 3 Teks) notched the first ace of the season, following in the footsteps of Baratheon's last terrier in 2013 in Mikkiz (who aced half the season that year), thanks to strong sharking from porkjet (2.7 RPD!) and Rodney (2.9 RPD), as Stark tried to rattle Stannis by playing Best in WB.

JAMAL (66-26) led all spiders, ahead of Afri (61-33), Mr. Homo (60-34), M_M God and Sulla, clinching the murderous 15-1 victory.

For the Starks, Olde proved unequal to the task in terrier, with Best and Cripple rotating in later in the game, as Zidane (2.9 RPD) and Markmrw (2.6) did their best to stave off the onslaught in shark.

Cripple (57-33), Omega Red (50-34), squallFF8, i.d., and Tanzu took on spidering duties.

HOT: JAMAL
      HOT: porkjet and Rodney

NOT: Stark's cavalcade of inept quarterbacks. Here's some advice: Terring is hard -- like a stage actor trying to improvise a line in a Shakespeare production, stick to the pros! (prose.)

---

Silence vs. Kamikaze
      15:00-2:10

Kamikaze moved to 0-6, as Silence put the kibosh on their aspirations of their first win, as Mango. (13-0) managed the second ace of the season, albeit with a dearth of kills and zero Teks, so I can only surmise he was hiding under Mattey's skirt the whole match, as the perennial all-star shark put up a 3.1 RPD alongside fellow all-star Commodo, who match him rep-for-rep with an equally impressive 3.1 RPD, as the trio cruised to a 15-2 victory.

Ease outkilled the field by 15-20, putting up an impressive 83-36, ahead of Rasaq (68-31), Zizzo (59-25), Wazzaa, and Flion.

For Kamikize, Zazerick (18-4) was able in terrier but couldn't do much ahead of sktarius (2.6 RPD) and fire phoenix (2.6 RPD) in shark, as their spiders got outkilled by 75.

nosydawg (62-67), Mr. Tinkles (61-32), Kess, bellflowers, and Yojimbo took on spidering duties.

HOT: Ease
      HOT: Mattey and Commodo

NOT: Yojimbo (22-33).

---

Terrorist vs. Paddington
      15:00-7:47

Like the 9/11 hijackers, Terrorist's target had a 7:47, and like 9/11, Paddington went up in flames, as dreamwin (29-5, 4 teks) bounced around in ship 5 ahead of hellkite (2.8 RPD) and nokkonen (2.7 RPD).

Stayon (110-39), Kado (70-43), Stung, Rough, and Henry Salami spidered.

Tiny (33-13) did what some might call terring, with Major Crisis (2.8 RPD), Jerome (2.8 RPD), and Hulk (2.9 RPD) in ship 8 for Paddington.

Holy Ship (77-66), Trasher (76-51), Jatt, and Gurliver took on fighter duties.

HOT: Stayon

NOT: Tiny (33-13). Tiny was kind enough to get mic'd up for this TWDT-B match as well as a video feed. I believe we have a picture of Tiny terring during the match:

---

Fire
      vs. Blooms
      15:00-9:36

Fan favorite Mikkiz (31-8, 4 Teks) made his TWDT 2016 debut, helping Fire earn their first basing W, with mcvicar (2.8 RPD) and 24 (2.8 RPD) in shark, as the triumvirate led the way in winning 15-9 despite their team getting outkilled.

Bugs (92-38), Shaun (89-42), TheWadoRooster (82-56) led the way, which eavenly (67-58) lagged behind, and turban somehow managed to neg, going 65-70. Okay!

For the Bloomers, warportal (26-9) got outterred, despite having Dwopple (2.7 RPD) and Valker (2.9 RPD) in shark, and his spiders putting up a strong fight.

aprix (97-45), maketso (88-55), Ricko, HalTaffin, and Smoking Blue spidered on the not-so-winning side.

HOT: Mikkiz
      HOT: bugs

NOT: warportal
      Last edited by ogron; 01-25-2016, 01:25 AM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Players of the Week

WB of the Week: Best (18-9)
        Best made his TWDT debut in style, massacring Kamikaze with a legendary performance.

Jav of the Week: Shaun (18-10)
        Shaun was an absolute juggernaut, despite his team getting trounced 50-39, showing the complete repertoire of javelin skills, and likely finding himself on the radar of several TWLJ squads looking to boost their ranks.

Honorable Mention: i.d. (10-3), with a gorgeous sub-in on 4 deaths to help clinch a tight 50-45 win for Stark.

Basers of the Week: Mattey (3.1 RPD) and Commodo (3.1 RPD)
        For a complete shutdown of a good basing squad, smothering them with a clockwork cram and coming up with a cold-blooded 15-2 win over Kamikaze.

Player of the Week: Ease.
        Silence was the only squadron to go 3-0 this week, as Ease led the foray through TWDT-D with a 10-9, TWDT-J with a 15-8, and TWDT-B with an 83-36. While the warbirding match over Fire and basing match over Kamikaze were fait accompli, the javing match required both deft skill and aplomb to navigate and come out with the victory over a TWLJ Finals line featuring both talent and synergy in Stayon, Rough, and Dreamwin, and he came through with flying colors, MVPing the match.

Honorable Mention: Zizzo, who also contributed to all 3 wins, going 11-5, 13-8, and 59-25 to bring Silence to the top of the standings.
        Last edited by ogron; 01-25-2016, 01:45 AM.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Last edited by ogron; 01-25-2016, 02:00 AM.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            NOT: Siaxis. An abhorrent 0-6 and getting subbed out. Before the game I said to you "give them a lesson in being tough", not "give me your impression of Rough."
            ROFL good read.

Too bad it's pre much the same ppl that play every week.
            idkidc1233

Comment

Nice writeup
              Last edited by Fork; 01-25-2016, 07:21 AM.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

It actually wasn't as bad as u made it sound, but I'll allow it since your need you daily shit on tiny dose.
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                  It actually wasn't as bad as u made it sound, but I'll allow it since your need you daily shit on tiny dose.
                  True, it wasnt that bad.... Top 500 terr for sure.
                  Once again, if you think terring is about rushing into enemy to burst and port far away. Then yes you did a great job. You keep losing position because of it. But hey, you killed a spider or shark with it! Well done! The times you actually killed yourself/team with those actions are like 10 out of your 13 deaths.
                  You have made two mistakes that game, one was terring urself and the other was adding jerome. But hey, next week we are going to enjoy your terring again, yay!
                  Major Crisis

Comment

Your a cool guy for flaming your captain on forums. High-five o/

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Good job League Operator!

Haha "Lag Force One" !! made me giggle, reminded me of so many people who magicly pulled abracadabra spikes during twl playoffs who went on to win those elusive medals on wbs and javs!! Staff, the unpaid labour but yet with a lovely but subjective heart, multiple times were using pirate paches!!

In another upset from team LF1, those mans sure are showing off their D- rated skills. Very Nostradamus like to be happening if you ask me!!

If you allow me some small suggestions..

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      Honorable Mention: Zizzo, who also contributed to all 3 wins, going 11-5, 13-8, and 59-25 to bring Silence to the top of the standings.
                      [/SIZE]
                      Every player of the week was well atributed both weeks, and much like Zizzo, player "Stayon" last week deserved honorable mention contributing in all 3 wins, going 13-7 (taking 3 dookes out in 2vs4), 11-7 and 113-39.

Also to be considered to honorable mention, much like Cripple who got baser of the week last week, "Outkilled everyone in the least amount of time"..and just like Ease's mentioning on this review, who outkilled his playing field by 20, player "Stayon", outkilled his playing field by 33, with highest kill rate per minute outkilling every single player this sunday with a boring 110-39 in my book. Big up to papas Com and Matt for dropping dumps on a team with 8 sharks though.

Also, as mentioned last week, the same 4 teams continue their strong play, while the other 4 will fight for the other 2 spots. I still believe team Cres and Maketso, will survive, as team Baratheon likely to go 0-14 in dueling leagues, could either go 5-2 or 7-0 in base, amassing at most 7-14 (wouldn't be enough last year) and Skatarius competing for a max of 2/3 wins per league, standing at 1-5 already. Both are paying the price of i'd say whacky drafts. For these 4 teams show rates will be key.

Cres, Skatarius and Maketso have FA's first 3 picks, depending on who still signs up or not, giving that there's only 3 game changers in there, team Baratheon might be the one who loses here with a 5th round pick, and thus one more step closer to oblivion.

Again, tremendous job! Keep going hot!
                      Last edited by Stayon; 01-25-2016, 01:58 PM.
                      Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                      Your friend,
                      ​​Papi
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                        Your a cool guy for flaming your captain on forums. High-five o/
                        Someone got mad.. Guy thinks he should play every league cuz he is captain. Prob thinks he is besides the self-claimed best 6* wb also the best 6* terr/baser. But we all know that half of TW would rather see Freespirit in terrier than Tiny.

Now he is going to bench me the rest of TWDT, or even trade me (other caps should not allow this).
                        Major Crisis

Comment

Your dumber than I thought u were. Your Beam like spirit amuses me. Refusing to play, toxic attitude in chat, and now publicly benching urself. Sweeet!

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Refusing to play? Pretty sure I have played every base game. In jav/wb u didnt want me in. So dunno what u talking about. This guy so funny. I hope the three captains before u pick mythril, menelvagor and milosh so u dont get any of the players u want of FA.
                            Major Crisis

Comment

This is fun. You specced and I had to beg you to play. Not happening again. You're digging your own grave. There are other players to be had that wont be such a pain in the ass. I'm also sure the other caps will abandon the players they need to satisfy you.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X