SUPERBOWL SUNDAY -- Games will be played as scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPERBOWL SUNDAY -- Games will be played as scheduled

UPDATE: There will be no delay. Games will proceed as scheduled. Hope to see you all Sunday!

---

I'm still discussing it with all the captains, but the general consensus thus far is to NOT cancel the games for Week 4.

For one, the Superbowl is at 6:30pm EST, and the final TWDT game is at 5:00pm EST, giving people one hour to go to their Super Bowl parties or set theirs up if they're hosting -- that won't accommodate everyone but I think good % of players, that is tight but enough time to do both TWDT and SB. There are also many Europeans and people who don't care about football who will be unaffected by this.

The primary reason, though, is that delays always kill the momentum of the league, and the two-week gap is anathema for long-term showrates -- many people who aren't very active and don't have the constant reinforcement of showing every Sunday simply stop showing altogether, and we never get those numbers back.

The delay for Easter last year was a disaster, and all the hard work put into TWDT 2015, was somewhat sullied by it, which is why I started the league earlier this year, and Finals finishes one week before Easter. A delay would put Finals on Easter day, forcing a second delay.

We've had a lot of proposals (shift the games from 3/4/5 to 2/3/4, move the games to Saturday, put all the Week 4 games into Week 5 at 330/430/530), but I think the best solution is to simply do nothing and have the games as scheduled, keep the pace and momentum of the league going, work hard to get borrowed players to where they are needed, and just power through with a worse turnout and slingshot onto Week 5.
    Last edited by ogron; 02-04-2016, 10:28 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
    but the general consensus thus far is to NOT cancel the games for Week 4.
    false, majority of captains are in favor of postponing the games.

in favor of postponing = cres, maketso, skatarius, mean gene

in favor of 0 changes = ogron, mhz, tiny

undecided = dreamwin
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Mean Gene is for playing the games on Sunday, and skatarius has waffled between both positions. Moreover, experienced, veteran players like Ease have emphatically said "do not delay it kills league."

#RememberEaster2015
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Mean Gene is for playing the games on Sunday, and skatarius has waffled between both positions
        mean gene favors postponing the games and skatarius has clearly stated his opinion on this now.
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Nobody being able to field a team kills the league much faster.
          It's really impressive for any new players (lol like there are any) to see you run a league where half the teams show.
          Seems par for the course from these league ops though. Ogron with selective hearing, rofl

Comment

I think we have to skip it, there's no point turning up knowing your team isn't turning up, could be a complete no show.

Comment

I disagree with skipping and agree with keeping the schedule as is.

The schedule has been known for some time now and like last time, nothing good will come out of rescheduling.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Ease have emphatically said "do not delay it kills league."
                So one guy will show, dont cancel guys! LOL #ComeOnMan

For one, the Superbowl is at 6:30pm EST, and the final TWDT game is at 5:00pm EST, giving people one hour to go to their Super Bowl parties or set theirs up if they're hosting

Finals finishes one week before Easter. A delay would put Finals on Easter
                A. One hour before is not enough. Most people its an ALL DAY event. Beer/food runs " yeah hold on guy i cant hang out or grill" I need to play my spaceship game first" lolol most ppl do have lifes "i know shocker"

B.Who cares about delays, the game is called continuum, it never ends!

C. Also the same people been showing up for 20 years, dont think they are gonna stop now.

#Delay

Comment

should probably cancel the games for this weekend, just sayin
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Move it earlier if they need to, but do it soon.
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Just play the games on fucking Saturday, is it really that hard to do?
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Well you have seen what delaying twdt does to the league;so play the games and don't postpone and see what happens. You only need 5 for wb and jav and 8 for base...out of 200+ people signed up, it shouldn't be that hard.

Or, as said above, move to Saturday or an hour earlier on Sunday. Either way, an announcement should be made today so everyone knows.

Comment

I dont care/mind either way (sure im british, but I watch the SB), but isn't the point of TWDT to let people get exposure to game time in a competitive league who don't usually, and playing with new people?

If some 'starters' cant show sunday then it allows other people on the team get game time. What's the point on even drafting or having more than 10 guys on a twdt roster if it's the same starters for every league every single week? Doesn't that defeat the objective of captains thinking ahead and drafting a solid roster, not just a solid starting line?
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

For all of the reasons mention hence forth, I say no delay. I'd be open to playing on Saturday, or even a week day evening, but this seems unfeasible for a lot of people. With Zizzo in the Alps and Mango. last seen 10 days ago, it would probably be in my interests to delay, but frankly it kills the momentum to break for 2 weeks, and I don't mind fielding lines from my low value players anyway. As Ricko said, that's kind of the point of TWDT.

I even asked some of my American players what they thought:

1:Commodo> pp, can u make this sunday or are you watching the superbowl?
                            1ee pee sock> twdt is more inportent
                            1:Commodo> lolk
                            1:2pacZ> rofl pps such a white boy
                            1:2pacZ> ill be here as well
                            1:Commodo> nice
                            1:2pacZ> we got a sick twdt lineup
                            1:2pacZ> dont think we ever gonna lose
                            1:Commodo> you guys even gonna watch the superbowl?
                            1:2pacZ> yeah gonna go to tgi fridays
                            1:2pacZ> resturant
                            1:2pacZ> watch it
                            1ee pee sock> yaa

So it's really a non-issue, you can play TWDT and go out to watch the Superbowl. Those people who make it a 'day event' - great, but that's on you.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I'm grateful for the important inclusion of TGI Fridays from that snippet.
                              SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                              SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X