TWDT Standings -- Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Standings -- Week 6

Congratulations to Silence, Terrorist, Paddington, and Baratheon on clinching playoff spots. Stark will likely advance, but I made a mistake earlier, and there are some unlikely theoretical tiebreak scenarios, and I'm not sure what their head-to-head records are versus Blooms and Fire. Baratheon has winning tiebreaks against these squads and can't be ousted even in those unlikely outcomes.

Conversely, Kamikaze is eliminated, as they cannot catch Blooms or Fire, currently sitting in sixth place. Thanks to everyone who showed for them this season (all four of you).

Paddington's 6-0 push in the past two weeks has given them a shot at earning a bye to the Semi-Finals, but the zone dying or getting DDOS'd drastically altered several standings, as Silence and Baratheon were cruising to victories with 13-5 and 8-0 leads in TWDT-B, then lost 15-13 and 15-14 in the replays, doubly helping Terrorist with a +2 win boost from TW going down.

Silence was the clear favorite to lock up the #1 spot, but Terrorist is now actually favored to clinch the top spot. Not only did this hurt Paddington's chances of earning a bye, it also negatively impacts Blooms, who is fighting for the final playoff spot against Fire, who got a free do-over and won, keeping their season alive.

Here's a look at the WEEK 7 schedule, and the projected final standings:

While a bye is important, the most crucial battle remains between Blooms and Fire for the final playoff spot. Both have likely free wins against Kamikaze, while Blooms goes toe-to-toe against Baratheon in TWDT-D (in which they're favored), and an Ease-less Silence in TWDT-J (toss up).

Fire, meanwhile, faces an uphill battle in TWDT-J against Baratheon (Fire are 0-6 in jav), and a tough contest against Terrorist in TWDT-B (Terrorist is 6-0).

Both teams are tied with 6 wins, however Blooms has a slight edge, as they would win a two-way tiebreak given that they won their series against Fire 2-1 this season (TWDT Rules -- Tiebreakers: Head-to-head record, then most wins in your worst league (5-5-5 beats 7-7-1), then best plus-minus across all three leagues (with minutes in basing countings as kills/deaths).

There are definitely enough winnable games that who clinches the sixth and final spot is very much in the air.

Good luck to all teams next week!
    Last edited by ogron; 02-22-2016, 02:49 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Fire won in jav this week.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Oh, mb.

Gimme 5-10 minutes to fix.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

i got word from my team that they all show next week
        ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

With that correction, some new possibilities open up.

There are some incredibly unlikely three or four-way tiebreaks that could occur at the 9 win mark, where secondary tiebreaks might be needed, I'll have to do the math.

It is theoretically possible for Stark, Baratheon, Blooms, and Fire to be tied at 9 wins, or three of the four.

Two-way ties are easy to break since you play every opponent three times, and whoever went 3-0 or 2-1 gets the higher seed.

Three-way ties can be uncomplicated (if Baratheon, Stark and Fire are tied, Baratheon won both its matches vs them and is seeded highest, and whoever won between the other two advances while the third is eliminated) or very complicated (if all three teams have won and lost a matchup against each other, the secondary tie break activates: most wins in worst league, most wins in 2nd worst league (Silence's 5-5-4 would win over Terrorist's 6-4-4), and if that is tied, plus-minus in kills/minutes across all three leagues.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Skatarius View Post
            i got word from my team that they all show next week

You should attempt to play spoiler, and make one last hurrah, especially given that Kamikaze plays both Blooms and Fire.

Baratheon plays both as well, and we plan to do everything possible to win both matches, to ensure that the team that advances does so of their own merit (99.9% chance we're locked into a 4th vs 5th place Quarter-Final vs. Stark, Week 7 has no bearing on us.)

The same sportsmanlike conduct is expected of any team playing against either squad vying for the final spot, and playing joke lines or intentionally throwing could result in disciplinary action (possibly even starting down a round.)

I don't expect anything like that to happen, but it's worth mentioning. Both Blooms and Fire have played hard for months, and they both deserve a fair shot at making the playoffs.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
            X