Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT Playoff Schedule

top 100 basers list

The TWDT 2016 Quarter-Finals will take place this Sunday, as #3 Paddington takes on #6 Blooms in all three leagues, while #4 Stark goes toe-to-toe with #5 Baratheon.

The week after that kicks off the Semi-Finals, where #1 Terrorist will face off with the highest seed advancing in every league, while #2 Silence will take on the lowest seed.

If, for example, #3 Paddington advances in TWDT-D and TWDT-J, while #6 Blooms advances in TWDT-B, and #5 Baratheon wins all three, Terrorist would take on Baratheon in TWDT-D, Baratheon in TWDT-J, and Blooms in TWDT-B. The #1 seeded team always faces the high seed when using reseed.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

I thought semi-finals consisted of 1st playing whoever won in the 4thv5th quarters, and 2nd playing whoever won in the 3rdv6th quarters.

For example,

Quarter Finals

TWDT-J - Paddington (3rd) vs. Blooms (6th) (Paddington win)
      TWDT-D - Paddington vs. Blooms (Paddington win)
      TWDT-B - Paddington vs. Blooms (Blooms win)

Semi Finals

TWDT-J Silence (2nd) vs. Paddington
      TWDT-D Silence vs. Paddington
      TWDT-B Silence vs. Blooms

And vice versa for the other group. Can you clarify why it's changed, or has my memory failed me?
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

that is how it is normally done.

however, if my memory serves me correctly, Ease was complaining how the matches were not seeded again after the first round of playoffs in one of the recent seasons and thus the playoff format was changed in this league.

Comment

Prefer the simplicity of the old. Don't even really understand the new one. Why does Dreamwin play the highest seed and Silence the lowest seed? Surely that penalises teams for qualifying into playoffs in a good position. Also, is the 'highest seed' determined by overall rank or division rank? Could you give the matches (& likely outcomes) of QF+SF, would be useful in understanding this better.

Comment

Because it benefits Claus house's squad. The whole season he's been rigging it to benefit him, anyway possible. Guy is legal cheating. Open your eyes.

Comment

The Paddington Bears are ready to poo on everyone's picnic
              help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
              help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

???

Ease (Silence) complained non-stop all last year that league wasn't reseed in 2015, so I announced the league being a reseed (loudly and often) at the beginning of this year. The league was a reseed in 2014 the first year I ran it, then I mixed it up with simple bracket of 1 vs. 4/5, and 2 vs. 3/6 last year.

Reseed is intended to maximize the benefits to the #1 seed, which in this case is Terrorist.

Terrorist can never face the #3 seed in the Semi-Finals. Silence can never face #6 seed in the Semi-Finals. Any game that the #6 seed wins, the #1 seed automatically faces (#6 is the highest seed). Otherwise, they face the winner of the #4/#5 seed games.

I don't see how any of this is controversial, the seeding process was determined before league even started and it is one of the two standard methods.

If you still have an issue with this seeding method, I recommend taking it up with your first pick.

Originally posted by Commodo
                Could you give the matches (& likely outcomes) of QF+SF, would be useful in understanding this better
                Quarter-finals:

TWDT-D: #3 Paddington vs. #6 Blooms
                TWDT-D: #4 Stark vs. #5 Baratheon
                TWDT-J: #3 Paddington vs. #6 Blooms
                TWDT-J: #4 Stark vs. #5 Baratheon
                TWDT-B: #3 Paddington vs. #6 Blooms
                TWDT-B: #4 Stark vs #5 Baratheon

Semi-Finals:

TWDT-D: #1 Terrorist vs. #6 Blooms if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom loses
                TWDT-D: #2 Silence vs. #3 Paddington if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom wins
                TWDT-J: #1 Terrorist vs. #6 Blooms if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom loses
                TWDT-J: #2 Silence vs. #3 Paddington if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom wins
                TWDT-B: #1 Terrorist vs. #6 Blooms if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom loses
                TWDT-B: #2 Terrorist vs. #3 Paddington if they win or Winner of #4/#5 if Bloom wins

The seeds are always the overall seed, they are never league specific. Literally the only difference between a reseed and bracket seed is that if the #6 seed (high seed) -- theoretically the worst team -- wins, the #1 seed gets to face them instead of taking on the #4/#5 seed. It's not complicated.
                Last edited by ogron; 03-01-2016, 06:08 PM.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

I am guessing the thing that mislead everyone here is the term "highest seed". As a non-native speaker I automatically think highest seed means the team that finished highest in regular season.

EDIT:
                  Actually, I found this from google. It's a tennis example. I think you are misusing the term(?)

Sometimes the remaining competitors in a single-elimination tournament will be "re-seeded" so that the highest surviving seed is made to play the lowest surviving seed in the next round, the second-highest plays the second-lowest, etc. This may be done after each round, or only at selected intervals.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                    I am guessing the thing that mislead everyone here is the term "highest seed". As a non-native speaker I automatically think highest seed means the team that finished highest in regular season.

EDIT:
                    Actually, I found this from google. It's a tennis example. I think you are misusing the term(?)
                    Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure. I mean, if seed is the number, 1 is lower than 6, so if 6 is the higher number it is the higher seed, you might be right, though. I may have meant #1 plays the low seed. I mean either way, most people know what you mean when you say there's a re-seed for the semi-finals.

Reseed has been used in TWDT over the years more than standard brackets, most people should be familiar with them.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

The TWDT 2016 announcement from December 2015 stating we would be using the reseed: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...l=1#post896417
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

i shall be rooting for team #6
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. In my defence, I've not come across re-seeding before, and I assumed the playoff structure was the same after checking the 'TWDT 2016 Rules' page and finding nothing. Would be good to have any changes & rules put into one master post in the future, especially given the extent to which things have been altered this year. Retrospectively, I'd have probably appealed our TWDT-B vs Cres, where we were 13-5 with flag before the DDOS, if I had been aware that 2nd would face a much harder playoff schedule. This is mainly my fault for not scouring every post, but also staff's fault for changing a lot of the key rules, and assuming a forum post=perfect dissemination of information. Nevertheless, you have to play the top teams at some point, so it's no big shakes either way. Good luck to the quarter-finalists.

Comment

Knew Jones would be rooting for us.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                              Fair enough, thanks for the clarification. In my defence, I've not come across re-seeding before, and I assumed the playoff structure was the same after checking the 'TWDT 2016 Rules' page and finding nothing. Would be good to have any changes & rules put into one master post in the future, especially given the extent to which things have been altered this year. Retrospectively, I'd have probably appealed our TWDT-B vs Cres, where we were 13-5 with flag before the DDOS, if I had been aware that 2nd would face a much harder playoff schedule. This is mainly my fault for not scouring every post, but also staff's fault for changing a lot of the key rules, and assuming a forum post=perfect dissemination of information. Nevertheless, you have to play the top teams at some point, so it's no big shakes either way. Good luck to the quarter-finalists.
                              Due to the large amount of conspiracy theorists and the amount of baseless accusations sent towards me every year, I prefer to not edit the initial rules posting or other important threads so a clear timeline is established. My heart sank a little when I saw I forgot to include it was a reseed in the rules post (even though I've told captains and 100 different people before the season started it would be reseed), but I did a forum search and thankfully found it in the official TWDT 2016 Announcement post.

I agree some of these things could have been more clearly stated and required a bit less judicious reading of multiple threads -- I apologize for that.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X