Base Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Stats

Last edited by ogron; 03-05-2016, 05:37 AM.
    top 100 basers list

The sample size of 7 games is very small for using Adjusted Plus-Minus (margin of victory in minutes adjusted for strength of opponent and teammates), so take these with a grain of salt as the co-variance is extremely high, even with APM factoring in how strong your team and the opponent's team is, the volatility of so few games doesn't give it time to adjust, so being on a better team is highly advantageous.

To account for this, I made the Rating formula 60% Eye Test, 40% Total Adjusted Plus-Minus.

The Eye Test is based on all the Hot or Nots this year, how well I thought players performed, and talking to other players, etc. Total Adjusted Plus-Minus is how many minutes you won/lost, while adjusting for how good your teammates around you were and how strong the opponent was (If you're team is stacked, and you beat a bad team 15-5, your raw Plus-Minus is +10, but your adjusted minutes would be scaled back to something like +5ish once entered into the adjustment formula.)

The master APM list has over 15 seasons of basing with most players having between 30 to 90 games each, so the master list is much more stable and able to isolate players as single variables, but I guess this is better than nothing and is mostly just to help create the Top 100 players list, where I need basing/jav/warbird rankings to compile it.
    Last edited by ogron; 03-05-2016, 05:43 AM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
    X