Gladiator League - Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator League - Thoughts

Just looking for some basic thoughts, would anybody enjoy a Gladiator league (2v2 and 3v3) For it to be effectivly used I'd guess that you'd need seperate squads for TWD and Glad league, but it works in a lot of other zones, and with the size of our player base it could work here to. Thoughts?
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

sounds like a good idea, but it may be a bit too much. now players have tons of options.. pub, elim, baseelim, base, wbduel, javduel, 1v1 dueling, squad matches, etc. it could work though.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Re: Gladiator League - Thoughts

Originally posted by Nickname
      Just looking for some basic thoughts, would anybody enjoy a Gladiator league (2v2 and 3v3) For it to be effectivly used I'd guess that you'd need seperate squads for TWD and Glad league, but it works in a lot of other zones, and with the size of our player base it could work here to. Thoughts?
      Psst ... you gotta remind them Gadiator league is SVS settings ...
      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

How about squads being able to play 2v2 or 3v3 in ?go duel?
        MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

This might be neat.. why not have seperate squads with a max of maybe 10 players? I think it'd be fun to be on a team of people who aren't on my squad for once... I hate those jerks.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

we need a sumo league

did anyone ever get around to implementing that sumo arena? that was a cool idea

you have to rep people out of the circle
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

We could even make a league like the old TWL (where it's 5 player dueling, but you can use stuff other than wbs) I think it was taken away because some squads mocked others by using like a lancaster turret, but still.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                we need a sumo league

did anyone ever get around to implementing that sumo arena? that was a cool idea

That actually does sound good, and since in Sumo u can hit the other person, there should be bombs that stun. Heh Louis giving constructive feedback to Trench Wars.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.
                . â–²
                ▲ ▲

Comment

I think it would take away from TW by having leagues with different settings honestly. If you are looking for a change there are many zones to chose from.

Gladiator league would probably be fun for awhile but would lose alot of attention and probably end up in the same state that the 1 on 1 league is in.
                  Mongrel

mongolian cash of Syndicate

Comment

Originally posted by Mongrel
                    Gladiator league would probably be fun for awhile but would lose alot of attention and probably end up in the same state that the 1 on 1 league is in.
                    What would make TWEL more popular?

I think an end date for TWEL and maybe playoffs at the end of the season would make it popular. After one TWEL season (4 months?) the ladder and scores are wiped, and people can start fresh and even change names if they wish. (a lot of help calls are people who want to change their name in TWEL or wipe their rating, which is not allowed for obvious reasons)

Epinephrine had an idea to host monthly tournaments in which the top 16 or top 32 ranked players in TWEL that show up to play would be allowed to enter. Any ER would be allowed to do this without 2dragon having to do any extra work. I would host them but I'm not going to be around very much longer.
                    Last edited by Webbb Llama v1.5; 06-28-2003, 04:11 AM.
                    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                      we need a sumo league

would ?go fallout, be what you are referring to?

Comment

No, don't change the damned settings. Make it 4v4 dueling any you can use any ship, but a max of 3 warbirds (or something)

Comment

1 terr, 2 lancs, 1 shark

LANC ELITE TERR KILLING AND NOT DYING MACHINE BECAUSE THE SHARK REPS LEAGUE..
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

"SVS" -YES!

Comment

Working...
                            X