This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing Packages

Each captain will draft one of these six BASING PACKAGES on Sunday. This is completely separate from the LOW-STAR PACKAGES they will be choosing as well, and a new feature for TWDT 2016 FALL.

Every package contains 3 quality basers, headlined by a veteran 8-Star baser:

FAQ:

1) WTF? I am a experienced, veteran baser, why am I in a $%*&ing package? Should I be incredibly insulted by this and immediately ragequit TWDT to assuage my ego?

No! Please don't do that. I put in strong, desirable basers (and Jerome) to help reduce the sunken cost of captain's who want to be able to realistically compete in all three leagues.

2) I don't understand. What is the point of basing packages?

I'm glad you asked! Qualifying for the playoffs is determined by your overall wins across all three leagues. You can become a contender with 2-3 draft picks in jav and warbird, but it requires 5-6 picks to contend in base -- the draft pick cost is almost double -- for wins that are worth the same! Basing packages help reduce the cost and let teams be more competitive across all three leagues.

3) I'm a visual learner. Do you have any images that can help my truncated brain decimated by Mountain Dew?

Last edited by ogron; 09-24-2016, 01:45 AM.
    top 100 basers list

This is a brilliant idea. Well done dude
    MRW

Comment

if i had to rank these packages in terms of value:

1. Package F - all 3 can base and Rab and Valker are good in wb and jav
      2. Package A - henry saari
      3. Package B - great activity + basers
      4. Package D - King Omega Red
      5. Package E - Major Crisis useful in all 3 leagues
      6. Package C - inactive fuks
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Pick me for superstar 6* sharkterr and 7*wb god. Thx

Comment

bram and MC as 6* jav. That package is a TWDTJ cap's wet dream
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

Hmm, I've heard exact same criticism about Package C, and Major Crisis needing to be a 7-Star in jav from multiple people.

pavement had an excellent showrate last season for Commodo, and they were a top three basing team with him destroying spider. Jerome is a good value 6-Star and they synergize well with Jerome getting pavement to show. Jerome sharked the TWDT-B 2014 Finals and lost 20-19. i.d. is active and a good spider/jav -- I don't really agree that it is a weak package.

When I'm hearing the same independent feedback, though, might be wise to listen.

UPDATE:

I've changed Major Crisis to a 7 in jav, and switched out Jerome for Olde, who is an upgrade at warbird and base, and one of the better 6-Star values in TWDT-B and more active.

Keep in mind that it is okay for the packages to not be perfectly equal because captains all have equal opportunity to draft which package they feel is best. Furthermore, I usually get seven messages a season like this:

Zidane: Package 3 is OP as fk u needa nerf that
            Cres: Package 1 and 5 are nutso!
            Turban: seems pretty gud, Package 3 kinda stinky tho
            Ease: ? why u link me Lisa Ann videos wtf
            Commodo: Package 4 is ridiculous, I'd prob change it
            Tiny: I like package 2 and 4, but 1 sux

We all value things differently and when you package together multiple people, it produces outcomes that are farther apart than evaluating 1 player. If our opinion on a player is 1-star off, we're still pretty close in agreement. If a package has three players that we all value 1 star off, it creates a very different opinion of said grouping.

I like Package C a lot, it would be one of the first three I would look at as a captain, but Cres (and another captain) rank it dead last, so there's always going to be variance.

I think there will be an interesting game of chicken with captains realizing there could be really good value in not picking a basing package early, but not wanting a specific package for whatever reason, and trying to get any package but that one as late as possible. Going early and getting what you want or going late and trying to extract more value out of your picks are both good strategies.

Winning captains have both taken the first package or ignored it until the last round the past few seasons, so there's more than one path to victory.

(Personally, as someone who loves TWDT-B, I like the min-max version of the plan, and not picking a package until the last two rounds, as it further reduces your sunken cost into TWDT-B. If you're a basing captain, you don't have to draft yourself + don't burn a pick on a package early, meaning you get 4 basers for free (yourself + the 3 basers in the package), and only need to spend 4 draft picks on base to have a full line, meaning you can better compete in jav/wb.)
            Last edited by ogron; 09-21-2016, 01:22 AM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

I want to be a package
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                Hmm, I've heard exact same criticism about Package C, and Major Crisis needing to be a 7-Star in jav from multiple people.
                Why the fuck? Just because I can get kills against Yoji, Wicked mystic and Henry in javduel means I gotta be a 7*? My avg TWLJ rec is 5-10. Then I should be a 7* wb as well, since I have been more useful in TWLD than TWLJ.
                Major Crisis

Comment

? Lol who are u kidding ur def a 7 in all 3 leagues imo and tiny is a 7 in wb
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

If I am a 7* wb I think Tiny should be as well. I consider us the same level in the stray ship D:
                    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Lol major isn't a 7 and omega definitely isn't a 6. Also Tiny isn't a 6 in wb that can't be serious

Comment

Well since everyone wants to whine, i wanna chim in. I continuously destroy the "so called top wbs on this game" in 1v1 and team dueling matchs year after year. And i only get ranked a 7*. Kinda funny i beat 10* wbs in duels and pull my weight in team matches like its my fkn day job not to mention i been doing this shit for years. But only 7* every year. I like it tho! Zero hard feelings, hope i can show every sunday! xD
                        Last edited by olde; 09-21-2016, 12:59 PM. Reason: 0 to zero!

Comment

I vote olde should be 10* to reflect how amazing he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                            I vote olde should be 10* to reflect how amazing he is.
                            i <3 you rab. I wanna sleep in you like a teepee.

Comment

3x TWDT champ and I'm a package?! lol jk :P Package B is the best, Just saying.
                              TWLD Champion 2014
                              TWDTB Champion 2013
                              TWDTB Champion 2016
                              TWDTB Champion 2017
                              TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                              -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Working...
                              X