PLAYOFFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLAYOFFS

Here's an updated list of the initial tiebreaks (Head-to-Head record, indicated by green checkmarks for wins, and red x's for losses) as we head into Week 5. This is the final week of the regular season.

The top four teams will advance to the Semi-Finals two weeks from today.

I've copy pasta'd the Playoff section from the TWDT Rules page in case anyone needs a refresher. Please remember that if you're in North America, you lose one hour this Sunday before Week 5. Also, the Semi-Finals and Finals start ONE HOUR EARLIER than usual since it's Best-of-3 to finish at a reasonable time.

Good luck to everyone on Sunday!

Playoffs

-4 of 6 teams qualify for the playoffs.
    -#1 takes on #4, while #2 takes on #3 in the Semi-Finals.
    -Standings are based on your cumulative win total across all three leagues -- you either make the playoffs in all three leagues, or none.
    -Once in the playoffs, however, advancement is per individual league.
    -Tiebreaks: Head-to-head record, then most wins in your worst league (5-5-5 beats 7-7-1), then best plus-minus across all three leagues (with minutes in basing countings as kills/deaths.)
    -Star Cap Limits remain in place for the playoffs
    -Borrowing is now allowed (preferably from eliminated teams.) Borrowed players who play a full game in the Semis or Finals earn a medal starting this season for their contributions.
    -Playoffs Format is is a Best of 3 in TWDT-D, TWDT-J, and TWDT-B. All warbird and javelin games are to 50, and all basing games are to 15 minutes.

Playoff Schedule

The playoff schedule will likely be different and follow the TWL schedule adopted to accommodate best-of-3 series, meaning TWDT-D games will start one hour early, and TWDT-J games 30 minutes early.

TWDT-D -- 2:00PM EST
    TWDT-J -- 3:30PM EST
    TWDT-B -- 5:00PM EST

I understand this will be slightly frustrating and take some effort to get the message out the final week of regular season play, telling your players used to logging in at 3pm EST that games now start 2pm EST, we'll try to zoner and actively get captains to let their players know the change, or else the finals can drag on a bit late, especially for Europeans.
    top 100 basers list

Week 5

Click image for larger version

Name:	WsXhHC3.png
Views:	1
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1282210
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Earlier starts will mess me up I won't lie, can we not start games later instead? As the game has a healthy population hours after twdt finishes with our current times. Food for thought, I will plan accordingly either way
      British> my 18th tomoz $$
      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Yes we agree to your terms attacks
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Now I change my mind, we do not agree. Sorry not sorry.
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I agree with attacks, earlier times will mess me up too. As powers 5th sub, it's gonna cause a lot of problems
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
              I agree with attacks, earlier times will mess me up too. As powers 5th sub, it's gonna cause a lot of problems
              lol.
              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                Earlier starts will mess me up I won't lie, can we not start games later instead? As the game has a healthy population hours after twdt finishes with our current times. Food for thought, I will plan accordingly either way

Yea lets start an hour later... This will mean 6 pm est, aka 1 am for finnish people. If games go in 3 rounds, it will be around 3 am before it ends.
                Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                  Respectfully disagree. I'm already wasting an entire Sunday on here. Would rather not start games even later than they are, as they already start unnecessarily late (TWL used to run stating at 1:00pm EST, which was reasonable).

Comment

Earlier the better imo (UK)

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                      Yea lets start an hour later... This will mean 6 pm est, aka 1 am for finnish people. If games go in 3 rounds, it will be around 3 am before it ends.
                      Fair enough, and to all other opinions, I owe it to my teammates who will struggle to get on early enough for the games to at least ask the question, and at least ask what other options have been explored before we do this. If majority of people want it earlier then I will "respect that" and still do the best I can with that.
                      British> my 18th tomoz $$
                      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

LOL tiny

also i tried trading fork but no one wanted him : (

Comment

Either way.. not everyone will be happy. It'd be nice if we had weekend games overall instead of just Sundays.. but that's more of a stretch than anything
                          help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                          help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Lol zid

I heard sporks are more valuable nowadays.
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
                            help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

I prefer later games, if the majority of captains who represent you prefer sticking to 3/4/5 and just pushing back any series that go to a 3rd game, that's fine with me. i'm trying to be helpful/proactive.

also sidenote, Civilization 6 is out and civ vi > hot or not, so might be a few days late.
                              top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X