TSLB Standings -- Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSLB Standings -- Wednesday

KPG and DPG pro-rated to a full 30 minute game for people too stupid too figure that out on their own (i.e., Ease)

Last edited by ogron; 06-22-2017, 12:20 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Some changes are coming to basing matchmaking that should improve the draws.

I'm also strongly considering adding 2 TWL All-Star spots for multi-positional players who function as swiss army knives throughout the season and don't really have a set position (the odds of 16/16 players showing to the Finals is rather low, I think having 18 would be fine, especially given it's a BO3.) We'll see how people progress and if they slide into a main ship going forwards.

I'm still tweaking the Value ratings, and have already made some changes.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
      Some changes are coming to basing matchmaking that should improve the draws.

I'm also strongly considering adding 2 TWL All-Star spots for multi-positional players who function as swiss army knives throughout the season and don't really have a set position (the odds of 16/16 players showing to the Finals is rather low, I think having 18 would be fine, especially given it's a BO3.) We'll see how people progress and if they slide into a main ship going forwards.

I'm still tweaking the Value ratings, and have already made some changes.

retarded, i can play all ships if i wanted at above average level here in tw just on the first try. rpd of 3.0 is easy to get, and stayin alive as terr is not so hard with a good team. So this would be unfair to give away 2 spots like that. If anything people should be trying out dff positions, and from there you can edit their placements in the background. Also people were complaining bout my 50 kills only ina game where i was basically the only one who kept defending under, while the rest was struggling on top. how do you place this into the all star segment?

This league suposed to be no-bias, but if you gonna give people all star spots based on your personal preference just cuz YOU put people in those ships, then we should just host another draft league.

Comment

anothet thing to add,

If you want this league to suceed and bring out more skill in players, you might want to start wit explaining what each ship has to do, as most people dont understand basing and are just playin ships. this way you will have less trouble with terrs and sharks, but also under spids, dont forget that spids have many playstyles which should also be explained in short. Sure newcomers or newbasers or new terrs/sharls will suck, but with tips before game they will learn alot faster. \

Why host a league with many benefits for the zone and then completely ignore the things that would actually matter.

Comment

seems like base is causing some problems...
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Ogron, I think my second game got fucked up cuz I got switched. Now you have put my whole rec as a terr rec, while I didnt terr for like last 4-5 mins. This hurts the value.. I know it's hard to keep track of it, maybe even impossible.

Oh and I demand a +$100 cuz I have had the lower 4 people on my team at some point in either games...
            Major Crisis

Comment

I was switched to shark in my second game too. Would be good to know how you deal with that.

Comment

I try to approximate value had the player played the entire time in that ship, erring on the conservative side. There is no perfect solution other than to play a lot, so games where things go to shit are overridden by your better games.

I don't have magical powers to fix these types of situations, but I'll do my best to ensure fair treatment.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  I try to approximate value had the player played the entire time in that ship, erring on the conservative side. There is no perfect solution other than to play a lot, so games where things go to shit are overridden by your better games.

I don't have magical powers to fix these types of situations, but I'll do my best to ensure fair treatment.

I can understand it's difficult to fix this stuff, if not even impossible.
                  But if I see myself, and also for Rab, we both wont show that many games, so one bad game means you are fucked to get in the top.
                  Or if you had like me, two terrible teams and you are fucked. First game was like 4v7 and second we played 7v8 cuz we had someone who had no clue at all what he had to do. But while with all due of respect towards Rab, he gets a 27-1 rec or something vs me in that 4v7 game. Score was 15-3 and we were powerless (outkilled by 100), cuz the teams were terrible uneven. That's already a gab for myself I wont be able to close most likely.

If you were lucky to get on a decent team, in any league, you can get easier on the top rankings already. I know you have tried your best and get it all balanced and such things. But it seems a little unfair towards me.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                    I can understand it's difficult to fix this stuff, if not even impossible.
                    But if I see myself, and also for Rab, we both wont show that many games, so one bad game means you are fucked to get in the top.
                    Or if you had like me, two terrible teams and you are fucked. First game was like 4v7 and second we played 7v8 cuz we had someone who had no clue at all what he had to do. But while with all due of respect towards Rab, he gets a 27-1 rec or something vs me in that 4v7 game. Score was 15-3 and we were powerless (outkilled by 100), cuz the teams were terrible uneven. That's already a gab for myself I wont be able to close most likely.

If you were lucky to get on a decent team, in any league, you can get easier on the top rankings already. I know you have tried your best and get it all balanced and such things. But it seems a little unfair towards me.

As the season progresses everyone will find themselves on both sides of uneven games. Its probably impossible to get teams right every game, especially in base
                    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I think over time everyone's gonna have some of those shit games.

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                        As the season progresses everyone will find themselves on both sides of uneven games. Its probably impossible to get teams right every game, especially in base

^

We're all going to be on the wrong side of it, and it's frustrating. But it should even out over a long period. I will seriously consider extending the season, my only reticence is that if we end it on schedule, we could probably run a 2nd TSL between then and the start of TWDT in October (starting Signups in September, with finals before American Thanksgiving in November).
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

this thing is like a glorified wb/javduel base league. i think people have forgotten this.

of course basing will be hard to determine, it should be like a separate thing. wb and jav are ez (to determine values etc.) and this type of league works perfectly for both of them.

basing should either be skipped or have some pre-determined lineups like draft and/or just vote on people who are 6,7 etc. stars for the all-star.

basically, the good players will be good regardless of their team and fight against other good players for a spot in the all-stars and newbies (or veterans, interested in basing will fight against other low-star players for a spot.)

there are 3 people fighting for 2 spots for terrier. there are 2 people willing to shark in the entire thing when it comes to more important games. there are 43 spiders, many of them 6 or 7 stars fighting for a spot in the all-star lineup. a randomized terrible team means you will succeed or not depending on which side you are on, this is especially true for people who are "terrible". lack of subs was also a huge issue. everyone's rating will suffer if they play 7v8.

Kudos for running this league, investing time, tweaking/testing the formula for ratings(i admit i could be wrong about many things since i don't know better and i will apologize for that). huge thanks to everyone who are contributing, especially qan who has coded these things and making tw better than it was last week and not letting it die completely during summer. but seriously, basing is hard to do this way.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I think this is a great concept for a league. Sure there are some flaws that need to be ironed out, but that is always what happens when you implement a concept. The main problems are perhaps subs and ship switches. We can have people stand by for subs. On sundays some people will already be staying on if they are guaranteed a place in the second basing game, which they are. Stand-by subs could also be awarded some $, possibly. When it comes to ship switches, I don't have access to the formulae that determine $ but the solution could be really simple. Instead of 'Shark formula (game score)' people could just be rated 'Shark formula (sharking score) + Spider formula (spidering score)'. Or an average of the two depending on how it's calculated. You would need the ship-specific game data to do this, which is available at least in twd games.

Btw, MC in the first game we played you, where you said the teams weren't totally balanced, you still got 20$ which is pretty damn good.
                            Last edited by Holy Ship; 06-20-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Just stop crying and let people try and practice new ships in basing you fkn nerds.

This is why basing has always sukd and never grew.
                              You have the same 10 players playing the same ship.
                              And everyone crys when a new person sharks/terrs, and/or immediately subs and bashes them.

You guys are idiots....

Comment

Working...
                              X