Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging scoreboxes

Code:
    If someone has a better way of doing this, please say so...
    What I really wanted to do was have a separate file for each day, e.g. ?logbuffer %datetime.log

I've noticed that sometimes we're missing scoreboxes and it becomes a great scramble to see if anyone can find/remember the result.

Henry mentioned using ?log - so I've been looking at how that works (never used it before).

This seems a sensible way of doing things:

If you Edit your Profile and put this in the Auto box
    ?logbuffer\:Tw-PubSystem:!servertime

That will turn on logging when you connect, and log everything to a text file. 
    It will also ask the bot for the current time (because there aren't any timestamps in chat, sigh) (maybe the scoreboxes should be timestamped!).

By default this will go in %programfiles%\Continuum\Logs\session.log
    If you use Steam it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Continuum\logs\session.log

I don't see any sign that this file ever cleans up itself, so you may have to do that manually occasionally.
    Doesn't look like there's a ?purgelog command either, rip.

had to put this in code tags to stop the forum fucking up my content

Remember when using ?log that windows vista and onwards may require you to run continuum as administrator in order for your log files to save. Just in case you try ?log and see nothing appearing to your continuum folder (program files->continuum->logs).

Comment

Everyone should have ?log in their auto by default IMO. But the timestamp bit is an excellent point. Will throw one in soon (been adding entirely untested features very regularly, consider this first season a beta, heh).

And we will have actual logging of matches in a machine-readable way very soon. It can also record to the DB, but that's another thing to investigate that would take an hour, and hours are pretty short these days. Better to just go with connecting CSV output. I'll also have it dump just the scorebox. Eventually we will have IDs attached to these matches as well. Right now it's 100% seat of the pants mode, especially with how this is blowing up. It makes me want to put a lot of effort into it, for sure.
      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
      X