TSL Bonus Game Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL Bonus Game Order

So, I think TSL has been quite successful thus far, but I'm interesting in hearing opinions on the bonus game order, as it is always hotly debated in-game.

I personally like reverse order, as I think getting 2 basing games in a row really benefits a league that requires almost double the manpower and specialty ships, but of course sometimes that doesn't make sense based on who is online. We could perhaps cement this in a future season, but certainly not an obvious solution.
    top 100 basers list

I like reverse order too.

Sometimes there are even more games than that.

After D J B B J D
    Ppl don't seem to want to D next, they seem to want to B.

Comment

I think it should just be the same as Sunday's. Wb-wb-jav-jav-base-base. I think you will get better shows from the individuals that want to play one ship but don't want to wait 2 hours in between from one wb to the next.
      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

The issue with 2-2-2 is that some players, especially Euro Wednesdays, may not have time to play later, so 2-2-2 might keep them from playing base since theres 4 games between them and TSLB.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

I personally think 2-2-2 is the best also, but some like variety or don't want to wait 4 games to play their favorite league.

It's a tough balancing act.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

I'm fine with 2-2-2 but it has to start 3pm EST at the latest.

I was playing tsl at 3am UK this morning, it's just not sustainable.

Comment

Not going to make a separate thread for this, but in situations where we have enough players for two games of basing, can we consider splitting the games into tiers? For example, experienced players stratified to one game, and less experienced players stratified to the other? This will lead to better games for experienced players, and more of an opportunity to experiment, learn, and try the different ships for less experienced players. Also, less experienced players will have more of a chance at performing better since they're playing at their own skill level, so they will have a better chance at making playoffs (even if their statistics are skewed by playing in easier games, still gives them a better shot).

Less experienced players will still get their dose of playing with the experienced players during times when there aren't two games going on, but this suggestion can help to avoid the problem of choosing to play two crappy 7v7 games to appease the whole crowd.

Comment

Good idea, as always it'll come down to implementation.

Comment

why? so you can have people complaining about all star selection when people dominate the easy category? The league isnt really structured to have top tier talent/competition. Even in WB/JAV the good players have just been reccing and hunting weaker players instead of playing normally. This is the equivalent of having 2 wb games where 1 has ease, iron, ricko etc and the other is hellrazor, $flabby$ , and jessup going 13-4 making daily threads about his greatness.

Although it does take more skilled players to have an actual game that isnt a waste of time in basing i guess, theres going to be tons of complaints.

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                  Not going to make a separate thread for this, but in situations where we have enough players for two games of basing, can we consider splitting the games into tiers? For example, experienced players stratified to one game, and less experienced players stratified to the other? This will lead to better games for experienced players, and more of an opportunity to experiment, learn, and try the different ships for less experienced players. Also, less experienced players will have more of a chance at performing better since they're playing at their own skill level, so they will have a better chance at making playoffs (even if their statistics are skewed by playing in easier games, still gives them a better shot).

Less experienced players will still get their dose of playing with the experienced players during times when there aren't two games going on, but this suggestion can help to avoid the problem of choosing to play two crappy 7v7 games to appease the whole crowd.
                  1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                  1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                  1:Tiny> LOL
                  1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

LOL what year are you stuck in? 16 or even 12 newbs in one arena at the same time hasnt happened since like 2008. Pretty sure 99% of the players who still log in played for 10plus years. You talking like there's 50 new players lining up to play base..... Get real man.

Comment

I find it incredibly strange that the most unskilled, and least relevant players are often the most loud-mouthed on forums

Comment

I find it incredibly strange that the most unskilled, and least relevant players are often the most loud-mouthed on forums
                        lol

that's because they can't win playing the game, and feel helpless, so they need a place to feel powerful. forums are the perfect place for that. olde and wiibimbo have been saying for years they're talented WBs, and the rest of us are only successful because we're on good squads getting carried.

a league comes along finally giving them a level playing field and opportunity to prove themselves, to show everyone what they've been saying all along is true, and... wiibimbo got dumpstered in WB and promptly quit, and olde was too chickenshit to try, but takes the time to write some random "TSL sucks" thread, despite never playing it.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

Ogron>a league comes along finally giving them a level playing field and opportunity
                          LOLOL ROFL LMAO ............

Not in base!! Not for players with "low ratings" You have been at every game I tried to play in base and have played over TWICE the amount of games I have and as a result had TWICE the amount of chances to nullify poor performances and increase your value. Just own up to the fact the system is rigged against lower rated players and stop pretending it is a level playing field.. particularly in base the system is very unfair... I still would love to see the top secret ratings released you made so the community can scrutinize them. It serves zero purpose hiding them from us since the scoring system is equal for all. If this league happens again that should be changed first and foremost.. it's totally slanted. Imagine a more casual player who is interested in base who shows up 1/4 of the time I do. They have a snowballs chance in hell to make any decent value because they will be benched over and over while you and your "lock ins" get added to every game ALL the time.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                            olde was too chickenshit to try, but takes the time to write some random "TSL sucks" thread, despite never playing it.
                            I'll just ignore the rest of the nonsense you typed. All I do is win... But anyway pal I played a few games of TSL and I plan on playing more if I get time. Maybe I'll bless Tw with my presence today.

Its the only thing left to play?

Comment

lol, what have you ever won?

i'd also love to know what 3x Claushouse stomper means, you've never beaten me in anything. i've been to 8 straight finals in base and you were never in any of 'em, and they don't let you play anyone outside of Paladen in WB.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                              X