TSL Issue Thread ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL Issue Thread ...........

So I have a few issues I'm going to bring up...............

#1- Matchmaking is really odd sometimes where it seems really off on making fair teams. Are we sure it is working prpperly? Search through games and you will see multiple lines where one team is stacked and the other isn't so much. I have heard many other people concerned over this too.

#2- The player yeh has been being benched by Major <ER> when he is not being specced by bots. IMO he lags no less than many others and he should be allowed to play.

#3- The add system made a mistake today when the player coupe was !p and had 1 GAME PLAYED ONLY IN TSL and yet was benched and made a sub. This has raised a red flag in my mind about if the system is having an issue. Something seems wrong.

#4 The player ogron is causing unneeded drama and insulting players and publicly trashing qan after all the hard work he has done and purposely trying to cause dissent during this TSL season.

#5 Today a TSLD bonus game was ruined because people left when we had the teams set and they played TWD instead which left some players who were signed up and had waited lose a chance to play a match.

Just wanted to show my concerns so far as the season progresses. Thanks
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

My 2c.

#1- Matchmaking is really odd sometimes where it seems really off on making fair teams. Are we sure it is working properly? Search through games and you will see multiple lines where one team is stacked and the other isn't so much. I have heard many other people concerned over this too.

WB/JAV - Yes it distributes the players evenly based on their ratings. So the question becomes how good are the ratings. I haven't seen them, so I don't know.

BASE - Also distributes the players evenly based on their ratings. It's an overall rating, it's not ship-specific. I think these ratings are fairly good because Ogron has a good sense of how good everyone is at basing. To improve this draft would require completely new code and ship-specific ratings. There are pros and cons to this, which is why I made a thread about it. No replies yet, not sure why. http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-TSLB-Drafting

The next evolution of ratings would be some sort of MMR (automated rating). Which we'll have to get to eventually, it's not simple to implement.

#2- The player yeh has been being benched by Major <ER> when he is not being specced by bots. IMO he lags no less than many others and he should be allowed to play.

I had a conversation about lag with qan just this week. The bot is checking lag automatically, but the limits are quite high IMO. qan should be making a post about this so we can discuss what the limits should be.

I think it's reasonable for hosts to prevent players from playing if they lag too much in the meantime. IMO staff have never been good enough at enforcing lag, so I'm happy to see action for once.

#3- The add system made a mistake today when the player coupe was !p and had 1 GAME PLAYED ONLY IN TSL and yet was benched and made a sub. This has raised a red flag in my mind about if the system is having an issue. Something seems wrong.

Originally it would draft the best players then bench whoever was left (the worst players).

Then !backfill was added. It's still there, and takes priority over anything else.

You/others rightly complained about the system discriminating against bad players, so it was changed to discriminate against whoever has the most games played.

I noticed that benching whoever has the most games played was also not good. I discussed this with qan and he was going to change it. I don't know if he did yet. The goal is some sort of compromise between needing to make fair teams and not being too mean to anyone.

#4 The player Ogron is causing unneeded drama and insulting players and publicly trashing qan after all the hard work he has done and purposely trying to cause dissent during this TSL season.

We couldn't continue running TSL with Ogron manually calculating all the scores. Ogron himself wanted automation. An obvious consequence of that is you can't make any changes without a developer. There's nothing sinister about it, that's just how it works out.

The #1 dev priority for this season is making sure the automation is working and any issues are fixed. We aren't trying to make TSL more complicated or drastically increase the feature set because these things would introduce more problems. So it's easy to ask for changes or features - but there has to be a decision made about whether to actually do it, and that has to lie with the people doing it and maintaining it. That means Ogron doesn't get everything he asks for. He doesn't like that very much, but we're not out to get him.

I did advise qan to communicate more with players, he does a fantastic job for us and people generally just aren't aware. Posts to explain changes and get feedback help everyone feel like we're all on the same team - which we are, because we all love this game and want it to succeed.

Ogron saying this stuff about qan just makes qan less likely to want to listen to him. Gotta be nice to people if you want something from them...

#5 Today a TSLD bonus game was ruined because people left when we had the teams set and they played TWD instead which left some players who were signed up and had waited lose a chance to play a match.

Speak to Ogron, get formal warnings issued to those players.

Comment

Just a quick reply about issues.

As far as yeh goes I find his connection is much more true when it comes to dying when you hit him than say ..someone like iron survivor.. I think it set a very dangerous precedent when a host is allowed to pick and choose which player to sit. I really think it is unfair to not let yeh play. He is a very good player and deserves to be in TSL. We need to be inclusive and not be pushing someone with as much history in this game out of the only league we have left. As I said there are more than a few players who could be selectively benched due to crappy connections. Staffs job is to search for LAG INDUCERS who cheat and yeh is not one of those. Let him play, he makes the league better with his presense.

On to the coupe issue. I understand teams won't always be fair but to bench a player with 1 game only who is a good jav seemed wrong. Technically you can still create teams by rating with no issues when benching those who played more. The teams it made were nothing special and coupe would not have made it so lopsided that he shouldn't have had a chance to play. After he got benched he logged off and we lost his interest which is what we were fighting against. Teams can still be fair doing ratings and giving prefered game adds to those with less games.

Ogron refuses to respond to anything I ever post and any pms I send him. He is a pos like that so I deal with qan. The warning system he does too is junk and last TSL showed the favoritism and curruption he blatently used during the season. To me this guy is dead when it comes to being allowed to have any authority. It was just a bonus game and I don't feel it was too big a deal but mentioned it in hopes it doesn't happen again. If warnings are to be issued I have game logs though.
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Be happy I didnt block you yet cuz of that ugly playstyle of yours. The playstyle of yours ruin multiple games as well.
        And if you think that someone with 250 ms, 1.0 s2c most of the time has a playable lag... Then u are even more retarded than I thought u were.
        Iron survivor for example is never above the 200 ms, I dont see him eat half the shots either. His bombs dont appear 2 minutes later like they do with Yeh.
        I dont see people constantly saying "Yes I am on the team with that terrible laggot". It's sad that ppl are happy they dont have to play against someone just because of lag. Without his lag he would be like yojimbo level.
        Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
          Be happy I didnt block you yet cuz of that ugly playstyle of yours. The playstyle of yours ruin multiple games as well.
          And if you think that someone with 250 ms, 1.0 s2c most of the time has a playable lag... Then u are even more retarded than I thought u were.
          Iron survivor for example is never above the 200 ms, I dont see him eat half the shots either. His bombs dont appear 2 minutes later like they do with Yeh.
          I dont see people constantly saying "Yes I am on the team with that terrible laggot". It's sad that ppl are happy they dont have to play against someone just because of lag. Without his lag he would be like yojimbo level.
          You have no authority to make any decision on your own so stfu. Saying yeh sucks shows how stupid you are. He makes bot requirements so should be allowed to play. You don't get to host every TSL either. Try blocking me lol. You won't be able to and if I have any say in it yeh will continue playing TSL through whole season.

I'm not for blocking iron survivor for the record but he eats way more for me than yeh does. If people with connections like his play so does yeh!! Stop ruining players fun and just host without an ego trip.
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            You have no authority to make any decision on your own so stfu. Saying yeh sucks shows how stupid you are. He makes bot requirements so should be allowed to play. You don't get to host every TSL either. Try blocking me lol. You won't be able to and if I have any say in it yeh will continue playing TSL through whole season.

I'm not for blocking iron survivor for the record but he eats way more for me than yeh does. If people with connections like his play so does yeh!! Stop ruining players fun and just host without an ego trip.

I have more authority than you will ever have. And yeh sucks. Paladen is all over his twd wall, ofc u are there to back him up. And its funny that only you care about it. Many players agreed with me that he shouldnt play. It's not just 'my' decision. If I get multiple complains why shouldnt I do something about it? It's not my fault that guy lifes in a third world country.

Why do you want to keep bringing Iron into this? Like I said before his lag is way more stable and lower than Yeh. And I wonder how you can even see Iron eating... All you do is r4 shots.
            Major Crisis

Comment

tbh I played against yeh and watched him in a few games - I would prefer not to exclude players, but his lag is barely playable against as he visibly spikes and shots just appear from no where. At least iron's lag is manageable.

I saw yeh's position on the TSL website and thought he was having a good season, then I saw him play and realised why he's doing well.....
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Deflect and insult Major that is all you can do. Many different people get calls sent in because of laggy players and by no means has yeh been alone in this. Without going into detail of staff calls I will say I have not seen all these calls you speak of or at least in any extreme amount compared to other players. Ricko, iron, kess, vys , attacks, tripin , ect ect get calls regularly. I think you just are being butt hurt yeh owns you and is doing good. When people do good it tends to increase the complainers who blame lag too... for example when Ricko was owning in his tsl debut this season we had a flood of calls on him too. Let people play and deal with it. Everyone knows iron lags bad but we just stopped complaining and accept it because he is good on top of it. Give the same respect to yeh.
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                  Deflect and insult Major that is all you can do. Many different people get calls sent in because of laggy players and by no means has yeh been alone in this. Without going into detail of staff calls I will say I have not seen all these calls you speak of or at least in any extreme amount compared to other players. Ricko, iron, kess, vys , attacks, tripin , ect ect get calls regularly. I think you just are being butt hurt yeh owns you and is doing good. When people do good it tends to increase the complainers who blame lag too... for example when Ricko was owning in his tsl debut this season we had a flood of calls on him too. Let people play and deal with it. Everyone knows iron lags bad but we just stopped complaining and accept it because he is good on top of it. Give the same respect to yeh.

That you put Vys, attacks and tripin on that list says enough. You are mentally ill. Kess isnt that laggy either, just like any other euro mostly.
                  Lol same respect to yeh... Yeh means nothing to TW and the guy doesnt deserve respect at all, guy is a troll.
                  Whats the next thing? You want cyclone to be able to play as well?
                  Major Crisis

Comment

hey look a jessup complaint thread, glad to know tw is still going strong
                    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                    1:Tiny> LOL
                    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

glad to see players still take this game seriously. there's still hope left!

Comment

Jessup,

Dont know what youre whining about.. srs.
                        You are a very bad player, you cant team at all, you keep doing r4 shoots and vulch/suicide when you get the oportunity.

Compare my lag to yeh's lag is just ridicolous, guy seems lag even for me.
                        My lag is 150 ms at max , with 0.1 and 0.1 . I cant be blamed if the country i live is far away from server, plus you always used my lag as excuse when you die. Its time to move on and work on your skills and stop blame other ppl.

Btw, thanks major for the words.
                        TWLD 2016 Champion
                        TWDTD champion x 3
                        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Iron I used you as an example is all , so now you get personal with me over no reason. You routinely eat about 7 or more a game and are awarded 17 deaths as a result in every round (kind of helps doesn't it lolol ).... so spare me. You definitely have zero room to talk in this lag discussion because you are probably one of the worst laggers this zone has ever seen.

I still will defend your right to play though and am not going to let you all sidetrack my original post with snarky comments. yeh should be allowed to play TSL and if the bots are not speccing him he should be free and clear to play. I'm sure if you were not allowed to play iron it would suck and you would be upset.. I'm sticking up for yeh because you snowflakes are being such babies because he is owning you. Grow up and show skills in game and earn your spots just as he has been doing so far.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

And I wonder how you can even see Iron eating... All you do is r4 shots.
                            LOL, this is the best point made in this thread. Once again, jessup making a fool out of himself on the forums. Classic.
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

That you put Vys, attacks and tripin on that list says enough.
                              you realise I'm British too and have the same lag as those 3 right? :laugh: some misconceptions...
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X