need help with ploss problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with ploss problems

since thursday ive had ploss over 4% and i keep getting dced every 10 minutes and its getting really anoying. its not programs i have running becuase its only just come in. but i cant play ss becuase i just get dced all the time plz help

Posting what kind of connection you have is a good thing to start with. Ploss isn't a thing that can always be fixed by you. It can be a router on your ISP, it could be too many hops, your ISP, your modem, ect. With whatever connection you have, try to reset the modem and router if you are using one.

Comment

im on aol 8.0 56k modem. how do i reset my modem?

Comment

*snicker*

But seriously... if it's possible in your area, upgrade to broadband. It's a lot easier when you have a direct connection like cable or dsl. I've got cable myself and have 1500 ping for the first few minutes I'm connected, but then it dies down. Some things you just have to live with... but see what you can do about your connection first.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

From the main window of Continuum click on trace and see where the ploss is comming from. If its a router from your ISP then it might be something you have to live with or it could solve its self. If the ploss is occuring near one of the middle hops then it probly isn't your ISP's. There is a way to configure it so it will take a different path to the server but I don't know how to do it.

Right now I am getting around 2.5 % S2C , so it could be a temp thing. Considering you have AOL and will lag a lot more when theres a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X