Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal for TWDT

Greetings,

I have been thinking since last season of ways to incentivize playing lower rated players for captains and after debating with other vets, have come up with a solution that can do just that. It is by no means perfect and is something we can work on to perfect but I think it is a fun and fresh idea for TWDT gameplay.

Inclusive Strategy

As we know, each TWDT requires captains to play a certain amount of rated players. 2x Top Tier/T1 (90+) 1x Mid-High Tier/T2 (80-89) 1x Mid Tier/T3 (70-79) 1x Low Tier/T4 (50-69).

I was thinking that if a captain places a player in a higher tier than the player is ranked for and the team wins the match, the team gets bonus points depending on the deficit that player was played in. Here is an example, Trasher plays Gripe (65) in a Mid-High Tier (80-89) and they win the game. Trasher's team gets 30 bonus points, 10 points for -10 rating deficit, 20 points for -20 rating deficit. The bigger the deficit, the bigger the reward. I wanted it to be what it looks like here, a form of gambling that can make games interesting, especially late in the season when teams are desperate. If not for this system, there is no reason to play Gripe and so he gets sad in real life, not wanting to show up for games on Sundays anymore. Poor guy.

Generic Idea for Bonus Points (not finalized - basic concept).

-10 Rating Deficit = 10 Bonus Points
    -20 Rating Deficit = 30 Bonus Points (10 + 20)
    -30 Rating Deficit = 50 Bonus Points (20 + 30)

As you see, if a team can manage a win with a -30 rating deficit, they are awarded an a full game worth of points, essentially winning 2 games. Some captains might not ever use this and some might use it every game, going for those 10 bonus points each game. The great thing it's not mandatory and if there best players don't show due to holidays or emergencies, they have a chance to fill those slots with players they otherwise wouldn't and get rewarded for it upon winning.

If you like this Ogron, I would like to figure out a way to implement this into basing. Maybe use Time instead of Points for bonuses? Let me know.

Basic Rules for this function (not finalized - basic concept):

Subbing in lower ranked players does not activate potential win bonus.
    Subbing out designated "underdog" negates all bonus points, essentially the reward is null.
    Captains must designate which player is the underdog and for what tier before the match begins. Idea for this" "!underdogT1:Gripe"
    Captains can only have 1 underdog per game.
    Only 1 Bonus Point Reward allowed per 1 game.
    If a team is caught cheating this system, they lose the ability to use it for the rest of the season along with a severe punishment left to the League Operator to inact. Example: Team can not compete in playoffs. OR Team loses 2 games per league.

Awesome well this is the gist of it, hope it makes sense. I know it is by no means perfect but I think it can make playing lower ranked players feasible and captains who do, get rewarded making it a win win for everyone. Hit me up anytime if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to read this and your consideration. See ya!

-IxaDor

Captains can add players with the
    Code:
    !add
    command
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

u drunk again bro

Comment

Jones, Sky. Whatup fellas
        3x TWLD All-Star
        2x TWLD Finals MVP
        2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

I am doing my morning poop like a twld champion. Wadup dele

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
            I am doing my morning poop like a twld champion. Wadup dele

but are you a pooping champion

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              but are you a pooping champion
              I will train my entire life if that's what it takes and it will not be a wasted life

Comment

Working...
              X