Twel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twel

Is it possible to Add a command to the bot so you can c the score between the different duels in ?go duel?
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

actually i think their is but i dont now it off the top of my head.. PM the bot /!help and look for it.. i could be wrong but i really thin there is one

EDIT: yes their is one... PM the bot with !score <box# of the duel> or <player name>
    Last edited by Blue Thunder2003; 07-07-2003, 01:09 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

PM bot with !score playername or !score box#
      dong burger

Comment

What they said.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Wrong thread.

About the idea though, don't you think its a bit meticulous for players to care about such a small thing? You know that the higher ranked the player is to you, the more points you get, and it works in reverse if the player you are facing is below you. The shorter the difference in rank, the more equal the gain/loss of points will be.

This all ties in with the fact that staff is to busy to add such petty business
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

After playing twel for a while now, i don't think the ratings should be changed at all. It's so anoying to be in top 50 to get beat by a newb and loose 40 points. And it's reallly anoying when you loose becuase the server crashed or a router won't let you in for a while... god that happend to me when i was in 2nd. got back on tried again and boom twice in a row.

I think they should fix the nc thing. so it is delayed like one guys said. will make things just a bit more interesting and more skill then who just pulls the trigger faster.

I think if both lag out at the same time the duel should be canceled automaticaly. this way routers screwing up won't make the guy who lagged out loose first or whatever. i haven't had this happen yet but its' probably already worked out....

and i still think points should be taking away for inactivity after a week or so. it's anoyin gto have a few guys get lucky and get to top 10 and then sit there never playing again. they should over time get bumped down. or i guess every season they can all be wiped if that's how it's goign to work....

ok i'm done. excuse the misspelling :P

Comment

The inactivity aspect seems like a nice idea. 500 through 1100 there is no penalty, 1100-1200 you get a 15 point penalty if you don't duel once a week least, followed by -1 point every inactive day afterwards, at 1200-1300 you get a 20 point penalty if you don't duel once a week at least, followed by -1 point every inactive day thereafter, 1300-1400 you get a 20 point penalty if you dont duel once every 3 days, followed by -3 points every inactive day thereafter, and at 1400-1500 you get a 30 point penalty if you don't duel once every 3 days, followed by -3 points every day thereafter.

But at the same time, who cares if they got lucky and got up real high? Technically if you're good enough you'll be able to get above it, no? Especially if they're inactive, meaning they dont go anywhere.

And the 'dueling all newbies' argument is pretty weak indeed. If you do the math, when you're high up, it takes about 20 duels against newbies to get 40 points...what are the chances one of those newbies is aliased or has 6 % packetloss and owns you with it? You do realize you have to beat all 20 just to get 40 points, and lose once on accident to lose 46 points. With that logic, it would be amazing how some people manage to keep positive growth.
              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

The points being taken away for inactivity seem kinda harsh... what if someone needs to go on vacation, or they get hit by a particularly heavy load of work/homework, or they fall sick, or any number of other things? I can play SS every day, but this is really bad on those people who can't, and anyone whos ranked really high will end up just beating on some newbie every other day to be safe, except when they forget and lose points for what must seem (and probably is) a pretty stupid reason. Again, every 3 days is really extreme.

But now I can't figure out what everyone is talking about, since as I go down the thread new posts seem to pop up completely unrelated with previous posts ;0 It somehow went from finding out scores, to rating points, to losing to router failure, to inactivity, to dueling only newbies or easy points all in7 posts.
                - k2

Comment

Those who go on vacation could ask a league op to make an exception for them. Homework? For days without an end? Those who are in the top 50 should be pretty active in the league, if they arent they shouldn't take up spots other active players would have.
                  Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

Elim King '03-'11

Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

all of the above

Comment

I would like to see a !rank command just like in elim.

Another nice option could be !offrecord where a duel can take place with no results being recorded.

Finally, if people are going to be recognised at end of season, I think it should be the top 100 instead of top 5 or so. There are about 4,000 names registered, and it wouldn't be as much fun if only such a tiny percent were recognised.

Comment

Personally I would like top 20 to be recognized.

But of course, if I was #6 I would want top 10 to be recognized, and if I was #2, I would want top 5. It's all a matter of asking for the lowest number of people recognized, that still includes you

Seriously though, top 20 sounds best to me. Although top 50, or even 100 isn't that bad either.
                        - k2

Comment

Yeah, I think one of the most crucial aspects that should be added is a !rank command...such a pain to check everyone's score on the website to see if they're even worth the duel.
                          Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

Elim King '03-'11

Comment

!rank - good idea, I'll add, also probably add something so you can view your potential rating changes should you duel someone and win/lose

Personal scoreboards will be available season 2. All there will be a central scoreboard and possibly personal scoreboards for spectators who want to watch a particular duel with it.
                            TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                            TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                            TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

!rank

!rank is an excellent idea

Comment

Working...
                              X